Kill Your Completion v3. 0

9 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

What? My sister would be pissed that the city she is raising her son in isn't being repped! xD

The Crew map is enormous and takes many, many, many hours to explore. But let's face facts, the US itself is (in Trump tweet speak) "HUGE. VERY HUGE. Bigger than Russia! Bigger than the world!"

Sorry for the tangent, couldn't resist. US is too big to include everything. The Crew devs pack a ton in but can't get in everything. Most glaring problem with map is Florida essentially borders DC. Somehow, four states got snipped in the editing room.

And, you can see the Rocky Mountains from Chicago. But, I completely understand that one. No one wants to drive endless hours in yawn-inducing Iowa and Nebraska. 

One of the games I intended to put on my roster was a PS3 title I picked up awhile ago for $1 on a PSN sale called God Mode. It seems to be a simplistic 3rd person shooter battle arena title that can be played entirely solo but is more geared towards multiplayer. I was wondering if anyone else participating had this title sitting in their backlog.

Edited by mking_63
Added a link.

On 18-6-2017 at 3:54 AM, PerryToxteth said:

The Crew map is enormous and takes many, many, many hours to explore. But let's face facts, the US itself is (in Trump tweet speak) "HUGE. VERY HUGE. Bigger than Russia! Bigger than the world!"

Sorry for the tangent, couldn't resist. US is too big to include everything. The Crew devs pack a ton in but can't get in everything. Most glaring problem with map is Florida essentially borders DC. Somehow, four states got snipped in the editing room.

And, you can see the Rocky Mountains from Chicago. But, I completely understand that one. No one wants to drive endless hours in yawn-inducing Iowa and Nebraska. 

Let's hope and expect that The Crew 2 has an even better map. I think 2 should have gone to Europe or Australia, but if we're getting the USA again then they'd better make the map even bigger and more inclusive.

Speaking as someone who's only been in the States twice, I see a lot that I recognise. Biggest flaw I noticed was that Key West did not have enough stuff but I did also notice that many of the non-main towns were basically templates of a few houses each.

12 hours ago, Myu said:

What happened to this thread !? :D 

Life happened. Go out and smell the roses, dear child!

Fuck me, I've been trying to remember to respond to these posts and now the weekend is done and I finally have a bit of time for writing, I completely forget.

On 16-6-2017 at 5:52 PM, Hemiak said:

By pure I meant like your car has abilities, not side quests and optional stuff, I'd honestly be OK if 90% of games got rid of all of that crap. 

Upgrades you say.... :(

On 17-6-2017 at 3:52 AM, PerryToxteth said:

I second Billy's nominee of the Crew. It's driving through America at it's finest; without the strip malls and fast food joints. It sparks a road trip desire in you. And just for you, they do Texas pretty well(sorry though, you get Dallas but not Houston). But it's cool how the Texas landscape switches from the South to Hill Country to the iconic West. 

Anyways, I wouldnt define it as a racer. More a driver. You have various missions that mix it up. Upgrading isn't required but is very easy. Do a 60-second mission and upgrade your part from bronze to silver to gold to platinum. And switch it right after the challenge, if obliged. No need to go into the garage and tinker (I hate that shit too). But I also enjoyed just opening up the map. It's blank from the start and you unveil it as you drive to various challenges or missions. They really do the landscape of America well. Farm fields, Badlands, Golden Gate, grungy Gary, Ind. 

BUT, if you are going for platinum, it is a MAJOR chore, with mp grind and luck included. AND, it's a game of trophy glitches. So if you are platinum or bust, just know it will be a time suck and there are a number of SOB trophies. But here's me, a Completionist at heart, endorsing a game that fucking glitched on me. So that tells you how much fun I had with it. And - no 16-bit graphics. B)

Upgrades in The Crew are really not much of a bother, it's there to ensure you're getting better cars bit by bit but it's really easy to implement compared to simulation racers. There's ten or so vehicle parts, all of which can be "upgraded" but all you have to do is select the parts with the highest level and you're done, the game even gives you an auto-upgrade option if you win a part that is better than the one you have installed (if I recall correctly). Now that I think about it, the higher ones have some form of boost on a different stat.

Anyway The Crew is a great game, like Perry says you can drive through all of America and for someone who doesn't live in (nor has been at a lot of) the USA towns that were represented as a standard collection of houses, it all looked pretty awesome.

I do so hope that The Crew 2 has another Landmark Tour, taking multiple hours to get across the whole map!

Lol, you'll forgive me if I take your opinion on anything AC related with a grain of salt. :P Like I said I played an hour or two and it was OK, but that franchise has never really grabbed me, as evidenced by AC 2 still sitting at 22% 6 months after KYC. :facepalm: I keep saying I'll go back to it, and then I don't. 

Black Flag is not really an AC game though, but it's the best Pirates Of The Caribbean game you'll ever play.

About GTA (the whole series), I've got a weird set of video game morality. I don't enjoy playing the bad guy 99% of the time. I have no problem being a vigilante or wrongly accused good guy, but I don't like hurting bystanders and other stuff. :dunno: In Watch Dogs I would go out of my way to steal a random parked car instead of directly car jacking people, and I did everything in my power not to run people over or accidentally shoot them. I watched a buddy play like 15 minutes of GTA 3 15 years ago and that was enough of that series for me. 

Tbf I haven't really looked at JC much. It just looks like mindless mayhem, which gets pretty old for me pretty fast. Honestly most open world games just don't do much for me. 

What it boils down to is there are hundreds of games out there, so just writing off a few franchises that don't look interesting doesn't really hurt my gaming. 

Fair enough, I was just interested in your motivations. I did your Watch_Dog thing in Sleeping Dogs because my character was supposed to be a cop, but I have no problems with shooting someone because they dented my car in GTA. Actually, usually I either push them in their car off of a cliff (if the option is there), shoot them in the head, or if my car is really dented and I need a new one then I drag them from their own car, take their car and run them over with it before driving off.

... Yeah.

I really love open world games by the way. Just Cause 3 is a pretty amazing game though, pure adrenaline from start to end.

On 17-6-2017 at 3:52 AM, PerryToxteth said:

BTW, not laughing at SMB choice. Just the fact that you bought a shiny, new sports car and to test it out, you puttered around the driveway instead of actually getting the thing fully revved on the highway. I played AC Unity first with my PS4 and the differences were glaring from the PS3. Pretty soon, you'll get to the point of preferring the PS4's interface and realizing how behind the PS3's is.

My first (PS4) platinum was Shadow Of Mordor, a game that's supposed to be completely broken on PS3 :)

... my first (PS4) 100%s, all done before the first platinum, were in order: Doki Doki Universe, Child Of Light, Flower and Another World xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Let's hope and expect that The Crew 2 has an even better map. I think 2 should have gone to Europe or Australia, but if we're getting the USA again then they'd better make the map even bigger and more inclusive.

Speaking as someone who's only been in the States twice, I see a lot that I recognise. Biggest flaw I noticed was that Key West did not have enough stuff but I did also notice that many of the non-main towns were basically templates of a few houses each.

I also really enjoyed the time I spent playing The Crew, and was gutted when a trophy inevitably glitched on me. I was completely happy to go and spend 150 hours or so to get the platinum, which is relatively rare for me so I think it speaks to how much I enjoyed the game. The map was a pure joy to explore and had a great amount of variation to prevent it from getting same-y. Be it drifting along hilly dirt roads in a Nissan Skyline, taking to the highways flat out in a Ford GT, or enjoying a coastal run along the Big Sur.

Hopefully they change a significant amount in The Crew 2 with regards to the map to make it even better, and I really hope it's not just a copy and paste job with a few minor improvements. Europe would've been a great location for the sequel as I think it allows for somewhat of a similar variation in the map design as the USA did (Minus the desert, but I didn't particularly care for that massive part of the map anyway). I think Australia would just end up being a Mad Max type desert landscape, so I'm not sure how well that would work.

Also, on an unrelated note I managed to snag my first platinum from a game I played in the event in Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Every now and then I need to sink some time into a multiplayer shooter for some reason, so it was good to be able to chase a platinum trophy at the same time! It turned out to be a great multiplayer shooter, with generally well balanced characters which became addicting to collect. All this with a humorous, cheerful attitude which is a nice deviation from other more serious shooters.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wtru9 said:

Hopefully they change a significant amount in The Crew 2 with regards to the map to make it even better, and I really hope it's not just a copy and paste job with a few minor improvements. Europe would've been a great location for the sequel as I think it allows for somewhat of a similar variation in the map design as the USA did (Minus the desert, but I didn't particularly care for that massive part of the map anyway). I think Australia would just end up being a Mad Max type desert landscape, so I'm not sure how well that would work.

Europe doesn't have a big desert for sure but there's a lot of other (and more interesting) environments. Ubisoft should know this as they are from France, home of the French Rivièra, the Alpes, the Pyrenees and the Gorge du Verdon ("the Grand Canyon of Europe"). There's also loads of beautiful stuff in Italy (as they know because of Assassin's Creed), there's the Scottish highlands, the fjords of Norway... And the desert would be there if they allow you to go by plane to the Canarian Isles.

Australia would be cool, yeah there's a lot of empty space but there's much variation in the border, and the empty scale of it all means they could do a much higher percentage of correctness than with the USA or Europe.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Europe doesn't have a big desert for sure but there's a lot of other (and more interesting) environments. Ubisoft should know this as they are from France, home of the French Rivièra, the Alpes, the Pyrenees and the Gorge du Verdon ("the Grand Canyon of Europe"). There's also loads of beautiful stuff in Italy (as they know because of Assassin's Creed), there's the Scottish highlands, the fjords of Norway... And the desert would be there if they allow you to go by plane to the Canarian Isles.

Australia would be cool, yeah there's a lot of empty space but there's much variation in the border, and the empty scale of it all means they could do a much higher percentage of correctness than with the USA or Europe.

You know, the more I think about it, the more disappointed I am that they didn't pick Europe as the setting for the sequel. I suppose I'll have to wait and see how the new planes and boats interact with the environment before I get too disappointed though. Driving along some of those fantastic narrow, windy mountain passes Europe's got would be absolutely awesome.(Although to be fair, it would be hard to fit it all in properly... maybe that's why they're giving us the same country while they work behind the scenes on the map for a 3rd game set in Europe)

What if they decided to do a 1:1 replication of some island nation in the Caribbean? That'd be nice and accurate ;).

6 minutes ago, wtru9 said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more disappointed I am that they didn't pick Europe as the setting for the sequel. I suppose I'll have to wait and see how the new planes and boats interact with the environment before I get too disappointed though. Driving along some of those fantastic narrow, windy mountain passes Europe's got would be absolutely awesome.(Although to be fair, it would be hard to fit it all in properly... maybe that's why they're giving us the same country while they work behind the scenes on the map for a 3rd game set in Europe)

I seriously hope that The Crew 3 will not be set in the USA again because I don't see any reason to buy it then, at least not new.

6 minutes ago, wtru9 said:

What if they decided to do a 1:1 replication of some island nation in the Caribbean? That'd be nice and accurate ;).

That would also be dangerously close to Just Cause 3, only without the explosions.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That would also be dangerously close to Just Cause 3, only without the explosions.

Actually, there was a game called Test Drive Unlimited 2 that pretty much had that premise of driving around a massive tropical island in all these exotic supercars. Always wanted to get around to picking it up at some point, but I've never done so :|. Then The Crew came along which was essentially a modern version of that, so I picked it up instead.

Greetings Everyone!

I bought two ps4 games on amazon. they were a pretty good deal. Metal Gear Phantom Pain and Doom. So I have something I can Work on during the event. I really wish Its something like 5 games during 6 days because I'm not sure If I'll have to leave my hometown or not during July. I might go to my vacation home were I don't have Internet connection although I can access the Internet on a Coffee Shop near my place. It happened on the KYC2 I participated were I had to go to that coffee shop to give you guys an update. I will not be able to sync the trophy list though.

But I'm not sure If I'll go as I have some work to do in my hometown.

Besides those two games I still haven't played some Ps plus games Like Life is strange and Tales from the borderlands which I could add to the list of games for the event.

Also @Hemiak how much did super meat boy cost you? was it on sale or something? I watched some gameplay and it intrigued me :) I think I would like it.

Cheers !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Also @Hemiak how much did super meat boy cost you? was it on sale or something? I watched some gameplay and it intrigued me :) I think I would like it.

Cheers !

I got it from Ps+ some point last year. I think I saw it on sale once but can't remember how low it was since I already had it. The game is a blast. It's really well made and controls amazing. If you like 2d Platformers and a bit of a challenge you'll love it. 

Speaking of SMB, I finished up the last 3 glitch levels to max out the 106% on Sunday and then tried my first speed run for fun. Came in at about 55 minutes for an any% main game run. No where near a "great" time, but better than I was expecting. I didn't do a lot of the crazy strats and had more than a few deaths. I think I'd be happy if I could come in around 40 minutes. WR is like 17 something. :o

Hoping to finish Doom 3 and maybe even Kingdoms of Amalur by the start of the event, but not sure I've got enough time. 

Edited by Hemiak

I stopped by my local game store this afternoon to get Atelier Firis. I came back with FFXV, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Arslan the Warriors of Legend. 

I will definitely add the Digimon one to my KYC list, I don't know about the other two since they look like they could trigger motion sickness very easily. FFXV's plat seems fairly achievable, Arslan's not so much. If I add them, it will probably be between two Vita games to balance everything out. 

• Like 2

Ok . I'll have to catch it on a sale I guess. I think 'll enjoy Super Meat Boy.

Also I started a Youtube channel. Its in Portuguese though :P

If you guys wanna check it out at least for the footage I'll leave a link

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZh8XxtQBtK34w2qYZvHwhg

Cheers and I can't wait to play some Ps4 titles I picked up for the event :)

• Like 1

Pre-KYC 4 goals:

1. Finish God of War: Ghost of Sparta(shouldn't be a problem)

2. Finish watching FFXIII's story on YouTube(not as bad as I remember, but it's also quite long. Watched 6 hours of the 8 and a half hour video :/). 

3. Finish Starhawk(it'd be nice, but I don't know how long the campaign is)

So, we'll see how all that goes. 

I only have one pre-KYC4 goal and that would be to get my completion percentage back up to 52,79% (my starting percentage of KYC1). Don't know if I'll manage that though.

I'm playing through a few games at a time right now (Angry Birds Trilogy, Angry Birds Star Wars and Under Night) but I was thinking about starting Enslaved today; played it on the X360 and got it along with the PS3 (and many other games), was tempted with playing it again at some point and that point might be now.

• Like 1

I'll probably complete all these with ease. Starhawk was a long multiplayer grind, but the campaign is supposed to be really short. 5-8 hours short. :/ Already finished God of War last night, and there are 5 days left. May need to play another game to fill the void. Lol.

Good luck raising your percentage! I really liked Enslaved on the 360, myself.

... Okay, that percentage increase will not happen.

Was on 52.09% this morning, did six arcade runs in Under Night today for six trophies (should've been seven, fuck that game)... And now I'm on 52,12%.

Four evenings of gaming left, where at least one or two nights I'd be lucky to get two hours of gaming in... It's too big an increase with not enough time.

Oh well. Perhaps I can just cross off one or two more games from my backlog.