Kill Your Completion v3. 0

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

You can hide as many games as you want; it's flags that have a maximum of two. Feel free to hide everything on your tag, if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for clarifying, didn't know that it was just for flags

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

You can hide as many games as you want; it's flags that have a maximum of two. Feel free to hide everything on your tag, if it makes you feel better.

The moment I've started a game, I don't mind it being up there.. So no it won't make me feel better.

7 minutes ago, Lars said:

I think you can delete them, but then it shows as hidden trophies. And now you are only allowed to have 2 games on your profile with hidden trophies so technically for this site that's a no. But as i don't care about my completion i don't mind having those games on my profile

I don't hide the games I've played. The moment you feel embarrassed about playing the games you've got on there you're doing it wrong I think.. :P

• Like 2

I wanted to start a similar event to this, only it would be REALLY fast - instead of playing ten games in 30 days, you play ten times in thirty HOURS. I have a ton of games I wanted to add to my list but didn't have the guts to and this sort of event would help me out.

Edited by MidnightCJ

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I wanted to start a similar event to this, only it would be REALLY fast - instead of playing ten games in 30 days, you play ten times in thirty HOURS. I have a ton of games I wanted to add to my list but didn't have the guts to and this sort of event would help me out.

My event was originally based on a challenge @effdeegeemade for himself. He chose 30 games and started a different game every day for a month, posting his thoughts in a thread. He even let the community decide which games were chosen. You can find the link in the original KYC thread. 

I chose the 10 in 30 so that people with limited play time would still be able to join. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 6:53 PM, Edunstar84 said:
  1. InFAMOUS 1
  2. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
  3. Dragon Age: Origins
  4. Tales of Zestiria
  5. El Shaddai 
  6. Terraria (Vita) - :platinum: November 30, 2016
  7. Atelier Meruru - :platinum: May 26, 2017
  8. Watch Dogs
  9. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - :platinum: December 26, 2016
  10. Okami HD - :platinum: April 1, 2017

Platted Atelier Meruru. Don't know if I'll play Tales or The Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platted Atelier Meruru. Don't know if I'll play Tales or The Awakened Fate Ultimatum.

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum is not really difficult, I'm near the plat and waiting for the RNG gods to show mercy. The story is just not that interesting but it's still an enjoyable dungeon-crawler.

As for Tales of Zestiria, I found it kinda meh for a Tales game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Myu said:

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum is not really difficult, I'm near the plat and waiting for the RNG gods to show mercy. The story is just not that interesting but it's still an enjoyable dungeon-crawler.

As for Tales of Zestiria, I found it kinda meh for a Tales game.

I love Tales! But that's sort of the issue. Play a game that's long but enjoyable for me or finish the easier not-so-interesting game. I do dig, however, the gamplay in Awakened Fate. Would've gotten further if I wasn't surrounded by enemies on the last stage of the Chapter 3 dungeon. I think it was bad luck that it happened that way. 

Hope the rng gods smile on you today :D 

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I love Tales! But that's sort of the issue. Play a game that's long but enjoyable for me or finish the easier not-so-interesting game. I do dig, however, the gamplay in Awakened Fate. Would've gotten further if I wasn't surrounded by enemies on the last stage of the Chapter 3 dungeon. I think it was bad luck that it happened that way. 

Hope the rng gods smile on you today :D 

Thanks! 

I'm only missing one shield, one ring and 5 gems. :) 

I need my completion rate back - Update 17

6805821L0e0d74.png

9774940306.jpg

I'm back!

I haven't got the plat for Operation Babel yet (stuck on that boss-rush post-game place) but I needed a little break from all the crawling. :) 

So I went back to The Awakened Fate Ultimatum. It took me several runs to complete the item list (thanks RNG!) but once I obtained the Miraculous Ring, the plat was pretty much mine. 

I still have Dokuro and the Guided Fate Paradox to finish to complete my backlog from this event. Let's just say that the motivation for those two games is not really there :P 

• Like 4

Just now, Myu said:

I need my completion rate back - Update 17

6805821L0e0d74.png

9774940306.jpg

I'm back!

I haven't got the plat for Operation Babel yet (stuck on that boss-rush post-game place) but I needed a little break from all the crawling. :) 

So I went back to The Awakened Fate Ultimatum. It took me several runs to complete the item list (thanks RNG!) but once I obtained the Miraculous Ring, the plat was pretty much mine. 

I still have Dokuro and the Guided Fate Paradox to finish to complete my backlog from this event. Let's just say that the motivation for those two games is not really there :P 

I felt the same with Dokuro, so I just broke it down 10 levels/1 stage at a time.

So, based on suggestions, maybe I'll do something like this:

1. Headlander(if Billy wants a second opinion; might substitute otherwise, 'cause it seems pretty short)
  2. Dokuro(this game has been installed on my Vita for a sad amount of time...)
  3. Final Fantasy 13-2( might as well, seeing as I just bought Lightning Returns last month. Been in my backlog for about as long as anything on my list, too..)
  4. White Knight Chronicles(this could be an issue, but WKC2 is supposed to have both games on its disc. Whether it has both sets of trophies, though, is the question?)
  5. Foul Play(I'm pretty sure there was one trophy tied to online, which is why I've put it off for so long. So, since @voodoo_eyes is going to play it, maybe we can knock that out)
  6. Crysis 2(been avoiding like the plague, because of the online. This KYC's Binary Domain, maybe? Lol.)
  7. Red Faction: Guerrilla(kept resisting the urge to buy it, but finally caved. Think it will be fun, but again, online sounded atrocious..)
  8. Falling Skies: The Game(only played the X-Com FPS spinoff, so what the hell? It'll be something different)
  9. Dark Cloud 2(didn't really care for the first one when I rented it, back in the day. But many say this one is way better)

As for #10, I don't know.. Maybe Homefront? Or I've got a long list of Plus games I could try something from. Tricky Towers, Titan Souls, This War of Mine, The Swindle, Starwhal, Resogun, Rebel Galaxy, and Not a Hero are just a handful I thought I might give a try someday. And that's just from my PS4 Library. In any case, this KYC is probably going to hurt more than the others. :lol: Hope I can recover. :/

• Like 3

@DamagingRob Dark Cloud 2 is a great game. I loved the first one when I played it back on the PS2 and I got the plat in it a few months ago. Compared to the the first one you have much more to do in the second game, the city building was improved, the story is much better (in my opinion) and a lot of overall improvements. I should continue it...

As for the next event I think I just randomly choose ten games. I don't know if I have a game I want to play definitely. Maybe another TellTale game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I felt the same with Dokuro, so I just broke it down 10 levels/1 stage at a time.

I think I'll do the same, I'll try to get one stage done every other day to prevent boredom :) 

Next plat will be my 70th, but I don't think there's a trophy milestone for it so Dukuro's platinum icon will be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

So, based on suggestions, maybe I'll do something like this:

1. White Knight Chronicles(this could be an issue, but WKC2 is supposed to have both games on its disc. Whether it has both sets of trophies, though, is the question?)

If I recall correctly it has both games on disc and both trophy sets. So the only real issue would be actually finishing it solo :lol:.

• Like 1

Little less than 1 month til KYC 4! ?

I'm super close to my original completion percentage (-.54%) but I'm about to hit a big brick wall. The majority of games I have left have huge grinds standing in my way. 

AC4: Reach level 55 in MP (12/55)

Borderlands: Reach level 50 (29/50)

Stories: Achieve all 24 endings (13/24)

Talos: Collect all red sigils (24/49)

Each of those is a considerable time sink. Forget about the brain pain from the Talos puzzles. Those are just a beast.

Really looking forward to the next round if for nothing more than adding some new stuff to my rotation. Just hope I can take down one or two of those before July!

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

1. Headlander(if Billy wants a second opinion; might substitute otherwise, 'cause it seems pretty short

As for #10, I don't know.. Maybe Homefront? Or I've got a long list of Plus games I could try something from. Tricky Towers, Titan Souls, This War of Mine, The Swindle, Starwhal, Resogun, Rebel Galaxy, and Not a Hero are just a handful I thought I might give a try someday. And that's just from my PS4 Library. In any case, this KYC is probably going to hurt more than the others. :lol: Hope I can recover. :/

Headlander is awesome!

I've got Resogun and possibly Swindle on my list if your looking to team up on those. 

• Like 2

I've also got Resogun in my backlog somewhere. 

I loved and got 100% on DARK cloud but just lost interest somewhere in the middle of the 2nd one. :dunno: I felt like they added or changed too much that made the first one fun and it just wasn't as good for me. 

I felt the same way about Alundra 2 but I did finish that game. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

Hi guys and galls, 

I'm thinking about trying to stream the games I can in the next event.. 

Just to try something new :)..

That's a pretty good idea! I'll try to watch if our time zones match.

I went back to the Guided Fate Paradox and that game is pretty unforgiving... Went to check for the game's difficulty level and it's rated between 8 and 9.5 / 10... 

And apparently, it's not because it's just time-consuming (which it is, just like any game of this genre) but it's also extremely hard. 

What did I get myself into.

On a side note, I've bought FF VII (PS4) to add to the next event list. 

So far I have

- Final Fantasy VII

- Steins;Gate 0

- Period Cube 

- Final Fantasy Type 0

I plan on adding Atelier Firis and Oreshika, maybe Criminal Girls 2 for some diversity. 

Playing a new game every three days was hard but I think I'm gonna sign up again for 10 games/30 days.  

Edited by Myu

5 hours ago, Myu said:

On a side note, I've bought FF VII (PS4) to add to the next event list. 

So far I have

- Final Fantasy VII

- Steins;Gate 0

- Period Cube 

- Final Fantasy Type 0

I plan on adding Atelier Firis and Oreshika, maybe Criminal Girls 2 for some diversity. 

Playing a new game every three days was hard but I think I'm gonna sign up again for 10 games/30 days.  

You seem to be all about rpgs. And I'm Jonesing for a good rpg. But here's the thing... it can't be too long. Ideally 20-30 hours. No 100 hour rpg. So can you, or anyone on this thread, recommend a good rpg that wont devour 80+ hours of my life???

Thanks ahead of time all. 

3 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

You seem to be all about rpgs. And I'm Jonesing for a good rpg. But here's the thing... it can't be too long. Ideally 20-30 hours. No 100 hour rpg. So can you, or anyone on this thread, recommend a good rpg that wont devour 80+ hours of my life???

If you're talking story wise, almost every RPG can be finished in that time frame. If you're thinking start to finish 100% completion, that's a much smaller pool. 

FFX2 can be done in about 40 hours. X is 100+  

FFXIII-2 and LR are both like 30-50 I believe. 

The port of FFVII is pretty short I believe. There are several cheats that speed up the game considerably. 

Xillia 1 is like 50 hours. 

South Park TSOT is like 15-20 hours. 

Nier is something like 50 hours. 

Pier Solar takes about 30 to finish. But it has one relatively difficult mini game that sticks alot of people with 90% completion. 

Two Worlds 2 can be done in about 30, but there's some mp stuff you have to do for Plat. It's a pretty mediocre 3rd person ARPG anyway, so not sure if that's what you're after. 

The Fallout games are technically RPGs as well. Great games that don't take forever to finish up. 

This is all just from my list, hope something works. 

Edited by Hemiak

4 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Adventures of Mana and Oceanhorn take about 15h each, although I'd consider them to be merely decent.

The only good ones (from the ones I played and finished) that were short are Final Fantasy Type-0 (20-30h), Lost Dimension (20-30h) and Time and Eternity (40-50h)