Far Cry Primal

Hard Reset Redux

Hitman

Homefront: The Revolution

Mafia 3

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1

Shadow Warrior

Shadwen

I'm still doubting about plants vs zombies, because it is an older game with mp. I don't know how active the servers are and i maybe want to start it earlier then that to try to get as much mp done as possible.

I think the list is a good mix of games and i look forward to trying them

Aaaaaaaaand we have our first list!

Welcome Lars!

If I may make a suggestion, you should really mix some shorter games in there. The way the event is structured, you only 3 days to play each. You will hardly make any progress on most of those AAA during that time period. 

1 hour ago, Jaguargenie said:

Welcome Lars!

If I may make a suggestion, you should really mix some shorter games in there. The way the event is structured, you only 3 days to play each. You will hardly make any progress on most of those AAA during that time period. 

1. First list? You haven't been paying attention, the first list was already posted on the last day of this event!
  2. Actually the original idea of the events was to indeed have only larger games that could not be played through in three days; you were only sampling them.
Edited by BillyHorrible
typo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I guess u r right and I haven't been paying attention. I missed someone posting a list that early. Didn't think anyone would plan that far ahead with a 2 month cushion. My bad. 

As far back as KYC1, I posted a shortlist on the final day of the event, of games which I was considering for the next event. a few people have done that as well afterwards but it's not super common.

I only came into the KYC thing last event. And by then most everyone only had a handful of big games on their list. I didn't know that's how y'all rolled for the first event. 

Yeah I guess I'm partially to blame for youyoungsters slacking off in the last event. I thought you were also there for KYC2 though. But yeah, KYC1 was mostly only big games, @Hemiak actually has a requirement in each of these games that they can't all be completable under ten hours (though I only see now that I've been warned by name in that rule this time around ?).

Disclaimer: I actually had some pretty huge games on my KYC1 and KYC2 lists, at least they were big for my standards. I can't help it that KYC3 was during the first month of the Switch...

I bow to your superior knowledge Billy. 

Thank you, thank you. I almost hesitated to give you a like for your post because you're also saying the AC IV combat sucks, while i is actually quite good and just has more small touches than the bland block-counterkill of earlier games.

Edited by BillyHorrible

59 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYC3 Update

*snip*

KYC3 Games Finished

1. Deadly Tower of Monsters :platinum:

2. Hitman GO:Definitive Edition :platinum:

3. Life is Strange :platinum:

4. Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum:

5. South Park: The Stick of Truth :platinum:

6. Unravel :platinum:

Still Working On:

7. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (ranking)

- This might trip up my 10-for-10 KYC3 run.  The platinum run for this will be long, repetitive and BORING. Frankly, this game is just not that fun. It calls itself Assassin's Creed, yet penalizes you for assassinating foes...WTF?????? Each level you are graded on your performance and if you kill foes, stealthy or not, you will not get as high a grading on your performance. The game wants you to sneak by them without being seen. There are numerous checkpoints on each level so thankfully, you don't have to completely restart like Unravel, but it does get frustrating fast.  There are a couple trophies requiring you to get perfect scores so for a platinum run, that's 36 perfect levels! F YOU UBISOFT!!!!

Again, why call yourself an Assassin's Creed game if you're not supposed to assassinate foes??? If this title still interests you, I highly recommend buying one of the stand alone versions as a test drive before buying the Trilogy version. No, you won't get a platinum but it will save your from hours and hours of aggravating gaming if you don't like it. 

8. Tour de France 2016 (ranking)

- Will start on this in June.

9. This War of Mine: The Little Ones (ranking)

- Haven't touched this but am encouraged on trying for a platinum run by seeing that Billy found time away from the Switch to platinum it. :yay:

10. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (ranking)

- Tried to get back into it but forgot the combat system after a six-week layoff.  Will need to abandon my game and restart. Boo.

- Here's my updated stats, numbers in parenthesis are my stats at the end of KYC3.

Games Completed/ Played:  70/49  (70/42)

Trophies Earned: 2398                       (2245)

Unearned: 434                                    (587)

Completion %:  83.82                        (76.74)

Rarity: 43.68%.                                   (43.84%)

- Prior to KYC3, my completion percentage was 85.93% so I am getting closer! Also, haven't started any other new games since event because I got lucky with good selections! Every game has been fun to play (although AC Chronicles is wearing thin fast). Even Unravel was fun and clever, just a tad irritating with a few trophy requirements.    

How's everyone else doing???

That's quite the progress. I platted a bunch of games as well during April, but I keep adding and trying new ones. As a result my completion just doesn't rise. Although being close to the Far Cry Primal plat should bump it up a bit. The next 2 games I'm focusing on are JRPGs, so they'll take me several weeks to get through. Trying to get 2-3 more plats before the next event, so I'd get back to around 72% would be neat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Welcome Lars!

Like Billy said, i don't intend in completing them all. Although i want to plat Far Cry Primal. But i want to try these games but i normally play a new game until the first couple of trophies have popped and then i quit it already, i believe this event motivates me to stay with games longer and play them for a decent amount of time.

Feel free to give your feedback on the games themselves

Edited by Lars
  • Like 2

If I don't forget it this time.. I would like to start a bit of a list, and let people shoot at it.. =) 

1,) Dishonored 

2,) (A  Disgaea game, not sure witch one yet..) 

3,) Dues ex mankinded devided 

4,) Nier Automata

5,) Atelier Firis

6,) Dying light enhanced edition

7,) Danganropa 1,2 reloaded 

8,) World of Final Fantasy 

and I stil need to think of some more or maybe I'll change some later on.. But please tips / shoot at it lol.. 

• Like 2

Well, if KYC4 is (only) in July then I have not enough time top join due to various other commitments. Nontheless, here's what I could play in the next event I join:

1. Hyper Void
  2. Lumo
  3. Rebel Galaxy
  4. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Leo's Fortune
  7. Alienation
  8. ICO
  9. Shadow Of The Colossus
  10. Alien Rage
  11. Anna: Extended
  12. Blazerush
  13. Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood
  14. Retro/Grade
  15. Costume Quest 2
  16. Earth Defence FOrce 2025
  17. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  18. Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
  19. Mad Riders
  20. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

Stuff like ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus should probably be kept separate since I'd never get into them again if I play them for a few hours in a KYC event. It would be very cool if I could get some Alienation players together for the event.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, if KYC4 is (only) in July then I have not enough time top join due to various other commitments. Nontheless, here's what I could play in the next event I join:

1. Hyper Void
  2. Lumo
  3. Rebel Galaxy
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Leo's Fortune
  7. Alienation
  8. ICO
  10. Alien Rage
  12. Blazerush
  14. Retro/Grade
  15. Costume Quest 2
  19. Mad Riders

Stuff like ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus should probably be kept separate since I'd never get into them again if I play them for a few hours in a KYC event. It would be very cool if I could get some Alienation players together for the event.

A lot of Ps Plus games in there, looking forward to your opinion on them because i haven't installed most of them because i thought i wouldn't enjoy them.

Except for Blazerush, i had a blast with that one but the mp trophy is horrible

17 minutes ago, Lars said:

A lot of Ps Plus games in there, looking forward to your opinion on them because i haven't installed most of them because i thought i wouldn't enjoy them.

Except for Blazerush, i had a blast with that one but the mp trophy is horrible

Yeah I started on KYC1 as a purely PS+ try-out event, KYC3 was the first one where my list was not 100% PS+.

Problem is that I am putting a lot of PS+ games on my backlog but I'm not trying out all of them, yet if I buy a game I will probably play or at least try it right away so most of my unplayed games are PS+ games by default.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38230-billyhorribles-backlog-bit-including-assassins-creed-progress/

I'm often prepared to give PS+ games a chance, rate of succes is about 75% I think.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

@Lars here's my opinions on 26 PS+ games (plus 1 game that's just free), hope it helps a bit.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38677-kill-your-completion-event-finished/?page=26#comment-1055190

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42368-kill-your-completion-againfinished/?page=53#comment-1180337

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45664-kill-your-completion-v3-0/?page=48#comment-1278884

Note how the site update after KYC2 has completely destroyed my posts from the first two events by changing image links.

58 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Lars here's my opinions on 26 PS+ games (plus 1 game that's just free), hope it helps a bit.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38677-kill-your-completion-event-finished/?page=26#comment-1055190

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/42368-kill-your-completion-againfinished/?page=53#comment-1180337

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45664-kill-your-completion-v3-0/?page=48#comment-1278884

Note how the site update after KYC2 has completely destroyed my posts from the first two events by changing image links.

Have read the posts. Because i haven't played most of them i can't judge but i completely agree with you on Dirt 3, it is one of my alltime favorite games. Have the platinum and got to level 35 by just enjoying the mp, but the gymkhana was completely unnecessary and not fun at all. Loved rallycross though, played that all the time in the mp

On 5/16/2017 at 3:05 AM, Lars said:

Thanks for replying,

I'll post my games list here then as well as in the other thread.

My games are:

Ac Unity

Battlefield 1

Far Cry Primal

Hard Reset Redux

Hitman

Homefront: The Revolution

Mafia 3

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1

Shadow Warrior

Shadwen

I'm still doubting about plants vs zombies, because it is an older game with mp. I don't know how active the servers are and i maybe want to start it earlier then that to try to get as much mp done as possible.

I think the list is a good mix of games and i look forward to trying them

Great list!

- Unity is great! A fantastic reboot of the franchise to get the story back in the Old World and scale cathedrals instead of trees.

- I loathe MP but I played the Battlefield 1 beta and it was a ton of fun.  Sounds like the SP missions are good too.  I love the WWI theme, even if it is a bit gratuitous. The WWI conflict is largely ignored, yet shaped and influenced today's world in so many ways. 

- I was pumped for Far Cry Primal and played it soon after its release but sadly, it left me a bit underwhelmed.  Cant pinpoint why but it felt more of a chore to play some missions than actual fun.  

Haven't played the others on your list but Hitman should be great.  You must be a daring soul for Homefront, the early reviews of that game make it sound like a world-class catastrophe. Mafia 3 is intriguing but I need to get Mafia 2 off my PS3 ToDo list first.

Good luck!

40 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Great list!

- Unity is great! A fantastic reboot of the franchise to get the story back in the Old World and scale cathedrals instead of trees.

- I loathe MP but I played the Battlefield 1 beta and it was a ton of fun.  Sounds like the SP missions are good too.  I love the WWI theme, even if it is a bit gratuitous. The WWI conflict is largely ignored, yet shaped and influenced today's world in so many ways. 

- I was pumped for Far Cry Primal and played it soon after its release but sadly, it left me a bit underwhelmed.  Cant pinpoint why but it felt more of a chore to play some missions than actual fun.  

Haven't played the others on your list but Hitman should be great.  You must be a daring soul for Homefront, the early reviews of that game make it sound like a world-class catastrophe. Mafia 3 is intriguing but I need to get Mafia 2 off my PS3 ToDo list first.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, i read somewhere that Homefront has been patched in the meantime and runs a lot better now. I'll find out when i start it.

And for Mafia i don't know if it is a real sequel story wise. Or that it is a story that isn't connected but in the same franchise

I hope that Shadwen and Hard Reset will be fun. Especially Hard Reset looks like a lot of fun but not many people played it. It is a fast paced shooter and for me the gameplay looked a bit like the new Doom

Edited by Lars

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Great list!

Good luck!

I'm enjoying Far Cry Primal for the most part, but the collectibles are a tad annoying for sure.Actually currently wrapping up the collectible gathering. Best parts are riding a sabretooth tiger and mammoth though.

4 hours ago, Lars said:

Thanks for the reply, i read somewhere that Homefront has been patched in the meantime and runs a lot better now. I'll find out when i start it.

And for Mafia i don't know if it is a real sequel story wise. Or that it is a story that isn't connected but in the same franchise

I hope that Shadwen and Hard Reset will be fun. Especially Hard Reset looks like a lot of fun but not many people played it. It is a fast paced shooter and for me the gameplay looked a bit like the new Doom

Shadwen is alright, Takes a while to get used to the rope swinging mechanic. Really annoying are the instant fail states, whenever you are detected or are hit once by the guards.

12 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

This is what I've read, too. And why I picked it up. xD

Same exact reason why I bought it (and because it was like 15 bucks or so)

11 hours ago, vin_rob said:

If I don't forget it this time.. I would like to start a bit of a list, and let people shoot at it.. =) 

1,) Dishonored 

2,) (A  Disgaea game, not sure witch one yet..) 

3,) Dues ex mankinded devided 

4,) Nier Automata

5,) Atelier Firis

6,) Dying light enhanced edition

7,) Danganropa 1,2 reloaded 

8,) World of Final Fantasy 

and I stil need to think of some more or maybe I'll change some later on.. But please tips / shoot at it lol.. 

That's a great list. Many good games I haven't played yet. Most of the games I want to play though.

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

1. Hyper Void
  2. Lumo
  3. Rebel Galaxy
  5. Galak-Z
  6. Leo's Fortune
  7. Alienation
  8. ICO
  10. Alien Rage
  12. Blazerush
  14. Retro/Grade
  15. Costume Quest 2
  19. Mad Riders

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is on your list for a very long time now. I think since KYC 2? If you ever play it, let me know. Maybe we can do the 3h co-op then.

I could save Alienation for the next event you are in. Maybe we can find two more.

4 hours ago, Lars said:

Let's say you meet a character from Mafia 2.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is on your list for a very long time now. I think since KYC 2? If you ever play it, let me know. Maybe we can do the 3h co-op then.

I could save Alienation for the next event you are in. Maybe we can find two more.

Yeah some of this stuff has been there a long time. I think Hyper Void and Galak-Z have been in the running since KYC1 though.

We can do the co-op for sure. Odds are slim I can make it to KYC4 but if you want I could easily keep Alienation unplayed until KYC5...

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Let's say you meet a character from Mafia 2.

Just like 1 vs 2 then. Same world, different story.

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

We can do the co-op for sure. Odds are slim I can make it to KYC4 but if you want I could easily keep Alienation unplayed until KYC5...

Yeah, we can do that. Then we wait for KYC 5 with Alienation. That's long enought to find two more people.

12 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just like 1 vs 2 then. Same world, different story.

I only played a few hours of Mafia 3 so I can't say whether the stories are connected or not.

20 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, we can do that. Then we wait for KYC 5 with Alienation. That's long enought to find two more people.

Count me in for Alienation on KYC 5 ;)

I'm skipping KYC 4 too seeing it's summer (not really the best season to spend to much time playing games) and with my gametime I will want to focus on couch's survivor event!

25 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

3 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

Count me in for Alienation on KYC 5 ;)

I'm skipping KYC 4 too seeing it's summer (not really the best season to spend to much time playing games) and with my gametime I will want to focus on couch's survivor event!

Nice, so that's three for Alienation in KYC5 already. Should use a weekend strip for it so we can get lots of gaming time then. Cheers!

I'm trying to stock up on games for the next KYC. So far I have 

- Steins;Gate 0

- FF Type-0

- Psychic Emotions 6 (game in Japanese, will take forever to read)

- Period Cube

Sooooo, a little too much on the VN side and not enough dungeon-crawling right now. 

I'll try to buy Persona 5 and Atelier Firis before the event to get a little bit of diversity and I've very tempted by Oreshika too.

• Like 1