Kill Your Completion v3. 0

Hey everyone ! Long time no see :)

I participated in KYC 2 and I'm considering participating in the next one .

I finally got myself a PS4 I went for the 1TB Slim model. It came with an extra controller and it was the deal I was waiting for.

As for the games my good friend @voodoo_eyes lent me his copy of shadow warrior which I had already briefly played on steam and off course I bought me a Fifa Game, 15 kind of outdated but I can still plat it :) Also I bought Elder Scrolls Online and I'm now subscribed to Plus so I'll be getting those games as well.

I'm not going to buy as many games as I bought for the ps3 and the main reason being price. Although I got my eyes on a couple.

PS Plus is a really good deal for me as I have all the systems it covers now. I'll stick to that for now. But off course I'm looking forward to buying Fifa 17 when the time is right.

OMG I didn't even slept all that well this weekend thinking about the Ps4 I was Kind of anxious. I ordered it online Friday and It arrived this morning.

I don't know I was super anxious cause I've been saving for quite a while and now I finally got it . Super Happy Me :)

As for the games of the event Probably the Tales of borderlands and the ones that are coming out on June's Plus , I don't have that many games but I have some Ps3 loners titles which I always think "Man I have to play that game" and I end up playing something else.

Ps3 titles I own 0% to name a few

Alpha Protocol

FF XIII

FF XIII - 2

Dragon age Origins

Dragon Age 2

Mass effect

Mass effect 2

Dead Space 3

Splinter Cell Trilogy

Tomb raider Trilogy (both hd remakes)

metal gear solid 3

Max Payne

Alien vs Predator

Dungeon Siege 3

Sacred 3

Brutal Legend (I think I only played a few hours on my previous account but I'm not sure)

Brink

Binary Domain (which I wanted to start cause @DamagingRob thought it was good)

Among others

But I hope you understand I'm on Ps4 fever right now so I really wanted to play on that system but who knows I might buy a new game or two :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

If you're talking story wise, almost every RPG can be finished in that time frame. If you're thinking start to finish 100% completion, that's a much smaller pool. 

FFX2 can be done in about 40 hours. X is 100+  

FFXIII-2 and LR are both like 30-50 I believe. 

The port of FFVII is pretty short I believe. There are several cheats that speed up the game considerably. 

Xillia 1 is like 50 hours. 

South Park TSOT is like 15-20 hours. 

Nier is something like 50 hours. 

Pier Solar takes about 30 to finish. But it has one relatively difficult mini game that sticks alot of people with 90% completion. 

Two Worlds 2 can be done in about 30, but there's some mp stuff you have to do for Plat. It's a pretty mediocre 3rd person ARPG anyway, so not sure if that's what you're after. 

The Fallout games are technically RPGs as well. Great games that don't take forever to finish up. 

This is all just from my list, hope something works. 

Thanks. Yeah, I am a bit of a completionist, so I'm not talking just story. It's why mass effect 3 and fallout 4 are still in my backlog. I know once I start them, down the rabbit hole I go. 

The last few rugs I've played and finished:

Fallout NV

South Park TSOT

Child of Light

Mass effect 1

So yeah. Thanks for the suggestions Hem and Voodoo!

1 hour ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Hey everyone ! Long time no see :)

I participated in KYC 2 and I'm considering participating in the next one .

Welcome!

On 05/06/2017 at 6:37 PM, Jaguargenie said:

You seem to be all about rpgs. And I'm Jonesing for a good rpg. But here's the thing... it can't be too long. Ideally 20-30 hours. No 100 hour rpg. So can you, or anyone on this thread, recommend a good rpg that wont devour 80+ hours of my life???

Thanks ahead of time all. 

I'm not that knowledgeable and I'm glad you got so many answers from other members :D 

JRPGS with short plats are not that common. The Tales of series is definitely not for you then as each game takes between 100 to 200 hours to plat (Vesperia being the best but also the longest to get in my opinion). 

Eternal Sonata is one of my favourite JRPGS but there's no trophy list associated to the game, unfortunately. The Witch and the Hundred Knight is a good action-RPG too. 

Just now, Hemiak said:

About two more weeks until I'll post the new thread. Hope everybody is coming along on their projects and clearing their schedules. 

It's going to be a little different this time so stay tuned even if you think you won't have time to participate. 

For those that haven't seen, I did get my ps4 last month. I started things off right by earning the Super Meat Boy Plat, closely follows by the Ratchet remake. Currently working on some older stuff but I'm looking forward to jumping into this with 10 new ps4 games. 

I might join this time, even though I said it was very unlikely. Just feel bogged down by some of the games I've been playing. I'm pretty sure I got my PS4 for the same time, but I've only completed 1 very easy game. Quite funny when you think about it. You started off with Super Meat Boy, and I started with Life is Strange.

Might focus solely on Vita games this time, depending on how much space I have on my memory card.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

About two more weeks until I'll post the new thread. Hope everybody is coming along on their projects and clearing their schedules. 

It's going to be a little different this time so stay tuned even if you think you won't have time to participate. 

For those that haven't seen, I did get my ps4 last month. I started things off right by earning the Super Meat Boy Plat, closely follows by the Ratchet remake. Currently working on some older stuff but I'm looking forward to jumping into this with 10 new ps4 games. 

Looking forward to it. I take it, that you're enjoying your new console then?

I'm trying to get Killing Floor 2 done before the event starts. Considering Thursday is a holiday and my boss asked me to take the day off on Friday (accumulated over 30 hours of overtime, which I need to start getting compensated for) , chances are high that I should get a decent amount of progress done in that game.

I'll probably end up swapping a few games out from my previous list. I'll update that once the new thread is up though.

• Like 2

I'm almost done with Killing Floor 2, myself. Fun with friends, kinda boring alone. So, when playing alone, I've just been doing Hell on Earth games with the Outpost glitch, to level up faster. Lol. I'd like to be done with this, the pile of shit that is WRC 5..., and Neptunia Victory before the month is through. But that might be aiming for too much. :/ 

@Edunstar84 It could be worse; your first could be a Sound Shapes autopop. :/

• Like 1

I'll probably do this even though I still haven't fully recovered from the last one.  My July schedule is kind of wonky and I hope I can keep up. Have a small stretch early on where I'll be lucky if I get to play anything but I'll stick some easy stuff there in case I need to catch up later.

Going for a theme of all games in Project Platinums and trying to raise ranks with at least half of them. One game from 10 different PPs.

Here's what I'm thinking of in no particular order atm:

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Desperate Platinums)

Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus (R&C PP)

Tomb Raider Legend (TR PP)

Minecraft Story Mode (Choice and Consequence)

2064: Read Only Memories (Point-and-Click)

Rise of the Kasai (Way of the Sword)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Metroidvania)

Hitman: Absolution (Hitman PP)

Lego Movie: The Videogame (Lego PP)

Swapquest (Princess PP)

Most aren't really hard games to finish but time will be tight most of the time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Good to hear!  My completion percentage is almost back to where it was (-10% during the last event, and +8.22% since), so I'm certainly interested.  :)

(Also, congrats on that SMB plat!)

Hemiak, Congrats on the PS4! Although I do find it humorous that the first game you played on it had 16-bit quality graphics.   :D

But impressive you got the SMB plat!!

My July is looking worse and worse so I am curious to see your revamped KYC idea. My gaming slowed drastically in pushing to finish AC Chronicles. Thankfully, the platinum threshold has been crossed so I just need to farm a bit to get the last two trophies. I'll give a final review on it as my initial impressions of it might not have been fair. 

14 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I'm almost done with Killing Floor 2, myself. Fun with friends, kinda boring alone. So, when playing alone, I've just been doing Hell on Earth games with the Outpost glitch, to level up faster. Lol. I'd like to be done with this, the pile of shit that is WRC 5..., and Neptunia Victory before the month is through. But that might be aiming for too much. :/ 

@Edunstar84 It could be worse; your first could be a Sound Shapes autopop. :/

I'm about to download WRC5. What's the issue with it? I

Edited by PerryToxteth

@PerryToxteth It's pretty boring to begin with. Just driving across the different tracks. Don't even know if you can lose, as long as you don't get hit with a penalty. If you do, you can hold triangle to rewind that section, and avoid restarting the entire track. There's also a glaring error in one of the Australia tracks in career mode. It will freeze every time in the same exact spot. Someone else made a thread on here about it. You have to hope that track isn't one of them when you go to do Australia, 'cause you'll be unable to win if you skip it. It's prone to freezing at random times, as well. 

If you already know and like these games, then you might not hate it as much as I. But it's just not my type of racing game. And the freezing bug I mentioned, forcing me to have to redo the entire middle season, didn't help things..

• Like 1

I've kinda been lacking motivation for the past couple of weeks (health is not so good and work is extremely tiring so that might be related to it) but I've been piling up games to participate in the next KYC. 

I've added Persona 5 and Oreshika to my list but I still have 4 games to find/buy in time. I'm curious about the changes you'll brought to the next event @Hemiak

On 2017-6-13 at 8:09 PM, Hemiak said:

I´m looking forward to the new twist and the event in general :)

and nice you got your ps4! any games in particular you wanna do? 

1 hour ago, vin_rob said:

and nice you got your ps4! any games in particular you wanna do? 

From the ones I already have I'm looking forward to Titan Souls, ME: Catalyst, and Furi the most. There are quite a few plus games I'm happy to finally get a chance to play as well. 

The highest on my wishlist at this point are Dark Souls 3 and Fallout 4. But I've got about 30+ games to buy eventually. 

@PerryToxtethI hadn't really thought about the SNES era graphics, I guess it is a bit ironic. For me that is about the third least important factor in a game, closely followed by the music, and lastly who the developer is. 

Tbf though they aren't true 16 bit graphics anyway. They're much cleaner and more polished than something that ran on the SNES or Genesis. 

Edited by Hemiak

On 6/13/2017 at 2:09 PM, Hemiak said:

First off, damn son. Super Meat Boy plat is hardcore. Super impressive.

Second, I'm excited about this new event. Two weeks to recover from the last event and only .28% left. Got a vacation with my wife right in the middle of July, so I hope the changes allow for some wiggle room. Can't wait!

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

From the ones I already have I'm looking forward to Titan Souls, ME: Catalyst, and Furi the most. There are quite a few plus games I'm happy to finally get a chance to play as well. 

The highest on my wishlist at this point are Dark Souls 3 and Fallout 4. But I've got about 30+ games to buy eventually. 

Yeah Titan Souls is pretty cool, You'll probably really like Furi as well. Catalyst was "mèh" for me, not really bad but not really great either. I seem to recall you liking racing games as well so I'd advise The Crew. Also The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, Horizon Zero Dawn, INSIDE, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, South Park, Super Star Wars, This War Of Mine, The Swapper, The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, Batman: Arkham Knight, DOOM, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Grand Theft Auto V, Just Cause 3, Kung Fury, Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Q.U.B.E., Rayman Legends, Road Not Taken, Stealth Inc 1, Strider, Uncharted 4, Unravel, Velocity 2X, Watch_Dogs 2, The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order.

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

@PerryToxtethI hadn't really thought about the SNES era graphics, I guess it is a bit ironic. For me that is about the third least important factor in a game, closely followed by the music, and lastly who the developer is. 

Tbf though they aren't true 16 bit graphics anyway. They're much cleaner and more polished than something that ran on the SNES or Genesis. 

SNES for the win! And doesn't matter if it's more crisp, 16-bit is 16-bit :)

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'd advise The Crew. Also The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, Horizon Zero Dawn, INSIDE, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, South Park, Super Star Wars, This War Of Mine, The Swapper, The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, Batman: Arkham Knight, DOOM, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Grand Theft Auto V, Just Cause 3, Kung Fury, Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Q.U.B.E., Rayman Legends, Road Not Taken, Stealth Inc 1, Strider, Uncharted 4, Unravel, Velocity 2X, Watch_Dogs 2, The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order.

For me racing games are really hit or miss. I tend to like ones that aren't pure racers. Blur has Mario Kart power ups, same with Wipeout. Split/Second is like a TV show where you build up energy and can trigger explosions and stuff to wreck enemies. I also can't stand micro managing car upgrades, I find it so boring. Give me a system where I unlock fully upgraded vehicles just by playing and I'm happy. 

That's quite a list of games there. A bunch of those are on my to-buy list, several I already own from ps+. I already finished The Swapper and Rayman Legends, own Alien:Isolation on ps3, ad have a trophy in Black Flag and a few in Stealth Inc. on ps3 (I rented BF and it was OK, but I haven't seen it on sale for $5 or less yet). 

The only ones that don't interest me at all are Octodad (played a demo), GTA, and Just Cause. 

1 minute ago, Hemiak said:

For me racing games are really hit or miss. I tend to like ones that aren't pure racers. Blur has Mario Kart power ups, same with Wipeout. Split/Second is like a TV show where you build up energy and can trigger explosions and stuff to wreck enemies. I also can't stand micro managing car upgrades, I find it so boring. Give me a system where I unlock fully upgraded vehicles just by playing and I'm happy. 

The Crew isn't a pure racer; purer than your examples but still, it has a lot of side stuff. Might be cool to wait for the sequel where you can also use planes and boats.

The Crew has upgrades but it's pretty simple as the pieces have their own level so you just upgrade to the highest one.

1 minute ago, Hemiak said:

That's quite a list of games there. A bunch of those are on my to-buy list, several I already own from ps+. I already finished The Swapper and Rayman Legends, own Alien:Isolation on ps3, ad have a trophy in Black Flag and a few in Stealth Inc. on ps3 (I rented BF and it was OK, but I haven't seen it on sale for $5 or less yet). 

The only ones that don't interest me at all are Octodad (played a demo), GTA, and Just Cause. 

I just looked at the 'played through' section of my backlog list :)

Black Flag is worth more than $5, I would say...

Octodad is weird and a love it or hate it situation. I loved it.

Why don't you like GTA 5 or Just Cause 3?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The Crew isn't a pure racer; purer than your examples but still, it has a lot of side stuff. Might be cool to wait for the sequel where you can also use planes and boats.

The Crew has upgrades but it's pretty simple as the pieces have their own level so you just upgrade to the highest one.

By pure I meant like your car has abilities, not side quests and optional stuff, I'd honestly be OK if 90% of games got rid of all of that crap. 

Upgrades you say.... :(

Lol, you'll forgive me if I take your opinion on anything AC related with a grain of salt. :P Like I said I played an hour or two and it was OK, but that franchise has never really grabbed me, as evidenced by AC 2 still sitting at 22% 6 months after KYC. :facepalm: I keep saying I'll go back to it, and then I don't. 

About GTA (the whole series), I've got a weird set of video game morality. I don't enjoy playing the bad guy 99% of the time. I have no problem being a vigilante or wrongly accused good guy, but I don't like hurting bystanders and other stuff. :dunno: In Watch Dogs I would go out of my way to steal a random parked car instead of directly car jacking people, and I did everything in my power not to run people over or accidentally shoot them. I watched a buddy play like 15 minutes of GTA 3 15 years ago and that was enough of that series for me. 

Tbf I haven't really looked at JC much. It just looks like mindless mayhem, which gets pretty old for me pretty fast. Honestly most open world games just don't do much for me. 

What it boils down to is there are hundreds of games out there, so just writing off a few franchises that don't look interesting doesn't really hurt my gaming. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hemiak said:

By pure I meant like your car has abilities, not side quests and optional stuff, I'd honestly be OK if 90% of games got rid of all of that crap. 

Upgrades you say.... :(

Lol, you'll forgive me if I take your opinion on anything AC related with a grain of salt. :P Like I said I played an hour or two and it was OK, but that franchise has never really grabbed me, as evidenced by AC 2 still sitting at 22% 6 months after KYC. :facepalm: I keep saying I'll go back to it, and then I don't. 

About GTA (the whole series), I've got a weird set of video game morality. I don't enjoy playing the bad guy 99% of the time. I have no problem being a vigilante or wrongly accused good guy, but I don't like hurting bystanders and other stuff. :dunno: In Watch Dogs I would go out of my way to steal a random parked car instead of directly car jacking people, and I did everything in my power not to run people over or accidentally shoot them. I watched a buddy play like 15 minutes of GTA 3 15 years ago and that was enough of that series for me. 

Tbf I haven't really looked at JC much. It just looks like mindless mayhem, which gets pretty old for me pretty fast. Honestly most open world games just don't do much for me. 

What it boils down to is there are hundreds of games out there, so just writing off a few franchises that don't look interesting doesn't really hurt my gaming. 

Agree with you on the stuff I highlighted. That's why my higher power is going to probably send me to the Fiery Pit when I die because of having to plat inFAMOUS Second Son a THIRD time. xD

Anyways, I also agree with you about the whole 99% of sidequests stuff. Games shouldn't force you to do sidequests for trophies. I know that you don't have to get the trophies but c'mon, we're all going to 100% these games and when a trophy requires you to do something that makes you want to destroy your house and cuss so badly you'll be taken to the House of Prude by the nice men in white, I think it's bad game design.

I've been accused of being a lazy hunter and filling my whole cabinet with LEGO games and point-and-clicks and easy stuff. Now I am not denying that I love a good LEGO game or something by Artifex Mundi, but I am willing to put in a little effort if I can make it. I wouldn't be playing Kingdom Hearts if I wasn't willing to do the legwork and blood-sweat for the trophies there. I know people hate Oceanhorn for being "easy" but trying catching every kind of fish for the Fish Sticks trophy and say that again with a straight face! :P

That said, I am not going to play every franchise. I hate all FPS, especially those set on Earth(Call of Duty) or an alternate Earth(Wolfenstein). I am not willing to risk my sanity(and clean shorts) to play any type of zombie horror game. (Yes, I get scared too easily.) So please stop trying to push stuff like that on me, I am just not interested and nothing will make me interested, even if it was a FPS RPG with zombie playables! ?

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I second Billy's nominee of the Crew. It's driving through America at it's finest; without the strip malls and fast food joints. It sparks a road trip desire in you. And just for you, they do Texas pretty well(sorry though, you get Dallas but not Houston). But it's cool how the Texas landscape switches from the South to Hill Country to the iconic West. 

Anyways, I wouldnt define it as a racer. More a driver. You have various missions that mix it up. Upgrading isn't required but is very easy. Do a 60-second mission and upgrade your part from bronze to silver to gold to platinum. And switch it right after the challenge, if obliged. No need to go into the garage and tinker (I hate that shit too). But I also enjoyed just opening up the map. It's blank from the start and you unveil it as you drive to various challenges or missions. They really do the landscape of America well. Farm fields, Badlands, Golden Gate, grungy Gary, Ind. 

BUT, if you are going for platinum, it is a MAJOR chore, with mp grind and luck included. AND, it's a game of trophy glitches. So if you are platinum or bust, just know it will be a time suck and there are a number of SOB trophies. But here's me, a Completionist at heart, endorsing a game that fucking glitched on me. So that tells you how much fun I had with it. And - no 16-bit graphics. B)

BTW, not laughing at SMB choice. Just the fact that you bought a shiny, new sports car and to test it out, you puttered around the driveway instead of actually getting the thing fully revved on the highway. I played AC Unity first with my PS4 and the differences were glaring from the PS3. Pretty soon, you'll get to the point of preferring the PS4's interface and realizing how behind the PS3's is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

BTW, not laughing at SMB choice. Just the fact that you bought a shiny, new sports car and to test it out, you puttered around the driveway instead of actually getting the thing fully revved on the highway. I played AC Unity first with my PS4 and the differences were glaring from the PS3. Pretty soon, you'll get to the point of preferring the PS4's interface and realizing how behind the PS3's is.

I had SMB from Ps+, I've wanted to play it since I first heard about it, and I loved every second of that game. I went out and dropped $35 on FFXV, which is more than I've spent on a game in 5 years. It's also one of my favorite series of all time, looks amazing, and runs pretty good. It is also a huge disappointment, even though it's an all-right game. :dunno:

• Like 1