Top 27 in 100% club in fastest achievers are all trophy Hack jobs

2 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

@USA_Elite_Badass I am confused about something here.  You start this topic being a little aggressive to the community, and rather than reaching out for help, you all but demand it.  It is then suggested that you get a premium membership, to which you dismiss outright as it wouldn't benefit you.  Why don't you think supporting the site that you seek leaderbords on, and being able to help clean them up doesn't benefit you.  As many other people on here have stated, it only take 1 member to report a game, but you have to be able to report 5 trophies as hacked (at least the last time I looked into it).  So if you chipped in a few dollars, or even 12 for a lifetime membership, then you can proceed to clean up the leaderboards that you care about.

Just know that you were not forced to make this topic, you have every power to fix this yourself.  Now you may not have the money, or may really feel that it isn't worth it to you to contribute, but know that is not the communities fault, so don't take it out on them.

As for the topic at hand, you are correct, the trophies do look out of place, but that said I do not know enough about the game and the methods to get there to definitively say they were hacked.  At the very least it is worth looking into by someone such as yourself.

True but as stated before, to flag someone won't help with the leaderboards. This site needs a "sweeping" algorithm to automatically ban hackers. While I think

he should support this site, it will not help kicking players out. Maybe for the moment but not in a long term.

I am always reporting the fastest time of GTA 4 and 5 and it's useless, since every day some new idiot pops up at the top of the board.

If someone sees finishing a game as some sort of competition or achievement it is just frustrating that for the last years barely anything has happened to prevent this forum from cheaters.

Edited by Gommes_

I'm with USA_Elite_Badass on this issue...........hacking is cheating, no question about it and we should, as a community, do what we can to stamp it out, whenever and wherever it is found. Where is the pride and sense of achievement  from hacking a trophy ??? There isn't.....

Am also at a loss to understand why this topic has drawn so much criticism.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

I'm with USA_Elite_Badass on this issue...........hacking is cheating, no question about it and we should, as a community, do what we can to stamp it out, whenever and wherever it is found. Where is the pride and sense of achievement  from hacking a trophy ??? There isn't.....

Am also at a loss to understand why this topic has drawn so much criticism.

Probably due to the wording of the topic and being demanding towards premium members to flag the games for him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

True but as stated before, to flag someone won't help with the leaderboards. This site needs a "sweeping" algorithm to automatically ban hackers. While I think

he should support this site, it will not help kicking players out. Maybe for the moment but not in a long term.

I am always reporting the fastest time of GTA 4 and 5 and it's useless, since every day some new idiot pops up at the top of the board.

If someone sees finishing a game as some sort of competition or achievement it is just frustrating that for the last years barely anything has happened to prevent this forum from cheaters.

That is a fair recommendation, but I now ask how you would plan on achieving that goal?  I believe that there is already a system in place to auto-flag games that are done faster than a set time (I believe that time is around 5-10 minutes).  Without a sophisticated AI in place, there would be no way to auto-flag games with trophies that are out of order.  Also, it would be a HUGE undertaking to have a different limit for each game.  What happens when a new glitch is found that lowers that bar and breaks the world record?  Your game would be auto flagged, and that does not bode well.

While it does suck that there are hackers out there who are cheating to get these trophies, and they are spoiling the leaderboards for those playing legit, I do not know if there is really a way to police that better than giving the members of the forum the ability to flag games that are out of place.  If you have any better suggestions that are within reason, I am sure Sly and others would be very happy to hear them.

If you take a look at the top person in fastest acheivers trophies for this game and filter them by date, you'll see that the first trophy they earned was getting an x amount of kills with the MP40. This is strange because the first time the game allows you to use an MP40 is chapter 18. So the people who are having a go at this guy for wanting someone to report this have just been looking at this shit for ages and nothing was done? There is no way someone can earn their first trophy in chapter 18 on this game. It's impossible, think of the many sections where you have to kill enemies and the fact that literally every other weapon has a trophy related to it. Another thing to bring up about this guy is he somehow found all 60 treasures then 3 minutes later he finds 5 of them? That makes fucking sense. 

Why should someone have to pay money to report cheaters when they could just bring something up in a forum and address their concerns? USA_Elite_Badass, you were right to bring this up. I don't see why people cheat to earn trophies especially in a game such as this one. It's also amazing that no one really wants to take this into consideration but mouth off to the person who brought this up by demanding that he gets premium to do something about this. What a shame.

Edited by Stevieboy
No naming and shaming in the forum.
  • Like 2

This all comes down to being nice gives other people more reason to help out.  You come on here being salty towards the community, and demanding anything, you will be met with salt in return.  If the OP had of been polite, and asked for help, this whole thread would have turned out differently.

You are absolutely right that there are highly suspicious trophies here, the issue was never not wanting to remove them.

Edited by Sir_Bee
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

That is a fair recommendation, but I now ask how you would plan on achieving that goal?  I believe that there is already a system in place to auto-flag games that are done faster than a set time (I believe that time is around 5-10 minutes).  Without a sophisticated AI in place, there would be no way to auto-flag games with trophies that are out of order.  Also, it would be a HUGE undertaking to have a different limit for each game.  What happens when a new glitch is found that lowers that bar and breaks the world record?  Your game would be auto flagged, and that does not bode well.

While it does suck that there are hackers out there who are cheating to get these trophies, and they are spoiling the leaderboards for those playing legit, I do not know if there is really a way to police that better than giving the members of the forum the ability to flag games that are out of place.  If you have any better suggestions that are within reason, I am sure Sly and others would be very happy to hear them.

I totally get the problem, that's why I was asking in another thread for an algorithm or better said an updated one. The thing is I don't have a better method, I am just tired of flagging

the most obvious times. I am also aware that, even though the community "knows" the fastest times, it is impossible to put that in some sort of program.

And with GTA the issue is that the fastest times are still too "slow" for that algorithm. 

1 hour ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

But we are all on the same page about how hackers should be treated even if the options to implement are limited.

Even if we are on the same page, being rude about it isn't going to get very far, especially when premium members do the flags in the free time.

I'm premium and don't care about the Leaderboards and have no obligation to flag people for others who *do care* about being on the leaderboards. 

I don't see the logic in "I care about the purity of the leaderboards enough to research and start a topic, but not enough to support the site by becoming Premium so I can take the action necessary against the alleged hackers."

Starting a thread with insults and demands is the worst possible way to attract assistance for a crusade that will never, ever be satisfied. 

• Like 3

I'm one of those people ;3 If you're so concerned about cheaters, pay for Premium to report people like me. Honestly I think you need to lighten up on this stuff, ignore the hackers and just move on, why make a fuss? @DaivRules i respect you for that, not reporting hackers, cause is it really worth the time to report someone for earning a digital achievement?

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

Hacking or not, there are games that have trophy glitches, do we consider those people cheats?

Back in 2008 or so, my mate brought round Buzz!, I was already pretty careful of what games I put in my console even back then.
I didn't want some shitty trophies for a quiz game, but my mate brought the game round and we had some 4 player action, he assured me the game had zero trophies because it was old.
I found out later that the game had downloaded a patch and inside that was trophy support. The next day I was pissed.
I tried deleting the 0% trophies but I couldn't, I deleted the game and game data and still they remained.

So I gave up and decided to borrow the game off my friend and do the horrible task of playing a game that I didn't really want to do.
Except the next time I booted the game up, trophies started popping left right and center. Turns out the game has glitchy trophies and a patched save data when run on unpatched version, pops up trophies for you.
So now I've stuck with 10,25, and 50 wins on a quiz game all being given within seconds of each other. I can't delete them,

On the one hand at least I got that game out the way in record time, I've kind of started so I'll finish. So that's what I did, glitched almost all of the game. Does that mean I'm a cheater? Do I need to be reported as a cheater?

My friend, who I was in trophy competition with, would often not sync his trophies until he's amassed many. He's do that so I would relax and think I was ahead of him, when in reality, he was storing them up, so one day surprise me, sync and boom.
He would be like a whole trophy level ahead of me.

Unfortunately after a year of doing this, on one occassion when he was playing GTA4 and leaving the game on for days because of glitchy racing (or something)
His PS3 suddenly died, and with it a whole ton of unpopped trophies. He had however backed up his save data.
Unfortunately when he got a replacement PS3 there didn't seem a way to get back those unpopped trophies. So for most of the games he just continued from backed up saves on USB, the games had trophies you'd easily get near the beginning, then a massive gap of months and then suddenly trophies at the end of the game, or suddenly trophies popping at random because of unknown circumstances where trophy checks where performed.
Every game is different of course, but does that mean he can be accused of hacking because his trophies are in a weird order?

Then there's speedrum save state manipulation. Let's say a game has 100,000 kill trophy.
You play the game until 99,999 kills, back up your save without syncing your trophies, and then format your console.
Now you can load up that save, pop that grindy trophy as your first trophy, then play the game (or whatever) from then on or from scratch.

Matthew (Premium Member) brings up this point, x amount of kills with the MP40 but that wa obviously done with save state manipulation. Not technically hacking or cheating in any way. Fair? Probably not, but games started off a backed up save game without synced trophies could put the trophies in almost any order.

Hackers though probably have dodgy orders or timing of trophies throughout many games, not just one.
It's unfair though to accuse people of hacking their games when in reality they might have been legit. Auto popping is another one, I've seen people with 6 second Platinums from Soundshapes, where does doubt of a platinum start and end?

And finally, what about games that you can cheat on with online boosting, turbo fire controller stuck down with heavy objects to grind something, how can cheating in those cases ever possibly be proven?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

I don't know about anyone else, but the attitude evident in the original post put me right off of lifting a finger to help. There's no dedicated team scanning the leaderboards, it's just whatever person has a hair up their ass to look at these things today. Don't sit there and act like I'm delinquent in some "duty". If you want some action in the leaderboard area, do it yourself or learn to not sound like an ass when asking for it, because people do reports in their free time when whim moves them that way. I'm #27,000 in a board numbering in the millions, who gives a rat's ass about reporting 30 cheaters, all that does is bump me up to #26,970. To be perfectly honest if it was up to me I'd delete the leaderboard altogether.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I'm one of those people ;3 If you're so concerned about cheaters, pay for Premium to report people like me. Honestly I think you need to lighten up on this stuff, ignore the hackers and just move on, why make a fuss? @DaivRules i respect you for that, not reporting hackers, cause is it really worth the time to report someone for earning a digital achievement?

No one wants to hear anything from you.

You respect a member for not reporting you? Guess what, no one respects you nor your hacking activities.

Do not mistake any of the criticism towards OP to be meant in favor of you or hacking in general, cause it's not.

Plus you didn't "earn" shit.

47 minutes ago, I Am Error said:

Easy idea instead of making this thread, buy premium and report them all

Great "idea" and contribution, thank you. Basically what everyone else said who criticized OP. Grats.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

snip

What you describe is cheating, yeah. Glitches and auto-popping stuff aside, those are glitches and auto-popping. Games which do both are well known.

This topic is about something different though, (re)read the posts.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

No one wants to hear anything from you.

You respect a member for not reporting you? Guess what, no one respects you nor your hacking activities.

Do not mistake any of the criticism towards OP to be meant in favor of you or hacking in general, cause it's not.

Plus you didn't "earn" shit.

Great "idea" and contribution, thank you. Basically what everyone else said who criticized OP. Grats.

What you describe is cheating, yeah. Glitches and auto-popping stuff aside, those are glitches and auto-popping. Games which do both are well known.

This topic is about something different though, (re)read the posts.

So you're just gonna criticize me for my comment but no one else? Lmfao, "No one wants to hear anything from you" Made my day, don't be a keyboard warrior, lighten up Mr. Grump pants. 

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but the attitude evident in the original post put me right off of lifting a finger to help. There's no dedicated team scanning the leaderboards, it's just whatever person has a hair up their ass to look at these things today. Don't sit there and act like I'm delinquent in some "duty". If you want some action in the leaderboard area, do it yourself or learn to not sound like an ass when asking for it, because people do reports in their free time when whim moves them that way. I'm #27,000 in a board numbering in the millions, who gives a rat's ass about reporting 30 cheaters, all that does is bump me up to #26,970. To be perfectly honest if it was up to me I'd delete the leaderboard altogether.

I agree, does the OP think that some moderators or premiums on this site just sit there, non stop, clicking away, reporting away, No. He can't just rely on people to do shit for him, but yeah, millions of people to report, who has the time? If he maybe didn't sound demanding or rude about it, I'm sure this thread would lighten up a bit.

14 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Patrolling the 53,000 pages worth of people on the leaderboards for cheaters is not my bailiwick. Pay up the cash to become a premium member and get the ability to report cheaters, and it can become yours.

13 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Well, the world already knows you are an Elite Badass - just pay $10, become a premium member, and you can now become an Elite Hacker Cop.  

FYI - Only takes one premium member to flag a game on a hacker's account.  

7 minutes ago, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

I agree, does the OP think that some moderators or premiums on this site just sit there, non stop, clicking away, reporting away, No. He can't just rely on people to do shit for him, but yeah, millions of people to report, who has the time? If he maybe didn't sound demanding or rude about it, I'm sure this thread would lighten up a bit.

You guys can stop.  Shaming somebody for pointing out a problem on the leaderboard is awful.  His intentions were honorable.  Learn how to differentiate someone giving attitude and just making a statement out of distress.  And PaperMonkeyBoy, stop trying to legitimize your cheating ways.

Just now, B1rvine said:

You guys can stop.  Shaming somebody for pointing out a problem on the leaderboard is awful.  His intentions were honorable.  Learn how to differentiate someone giving attitude and just making a statement out of distress.  And PaperMonkeyBoy, stop trying to legitimize your cheating ways.

Show me where I tried to "legitimize your cheating ways" I admit multiple times, I cheat, it's out there, get it through your crammed brain, and yes, I do know that theres a bunch of things wrong with the leader board, and I do know he was just trying to suggest something, but if he didn't give his opinion in a negative vibe, I wouldn't shame him, but some point you have to disagree with someone in life.

@PaperMonkeyBoy 

Simple.  You're advocating to not report cheaters since it's not worth the time, meaning you and anyone else would stay on the leaderboard instead of being removed.  By being on the clean leaderboard, you're considered legitimate instead of being labeled a cheater.  

And someone venting out of stress because nothing's been done for x amount of years is "not" attitude, but rather unintended emotion due to his excitement on the issue.

Edited by B1rvine

Just now, B1rvine said:

@PaperMonkeyBoy 

Simple.  You're advocating to not report cheaters since it's not worth the time, meaning you'll stay on the leaderboard instead of being removed.  By being on the clean leaderboard, you're considered legitimate instead of being labeled a cheater.  

And someone venting out of stress because nothing's been done for x amount of years is "not" attitude, but rather unintended emotion due to his excitement on the issue.

I never said not to report them, I just find it dumb how people spend their free times going and shaming people who did trophy hack, rather it be recent or 6 years ago. If you're open about cheating, what else needs to be said?

@PaperMonkeyBoy Sure, but most cheaters aren't going to come forward and admit it, either because they hope they won't be noticed, or they just don't really care if they are. Those are the people you're legitimizing, I'm not necessarily talking about you specifically.  I can also understand why people would be upset that the #1 - 50 ranks aren't real.  There's a huge difference comparing a blanket statement that an entire leaderboard is incorrect out of frustration vs specific naming and shaming "x person is a huge cheater."  Sure, the guy probably should have just PM'd a mod, but he was trying to do the right thing.  Shaming him for an honest mistake isn't the answer.

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Attitude and "honorable intentions" still results in me not caring enough to help.

latest?cb=20151005190913

Legit though, dude.

You go through the list of things like it matters to you. You look at everyone's things. You figure out they all messed about. You come on here demanding satisfaction. You get told about premium and being able to flag them. You dismiss this entirely. You wonder why there's an asshole in here questioning what the hell you're doing.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 3