Best Game Quote ever?

Mr_MovieMan29

These have to be in cutscenes or events in the game. Not a catch phrase, but an actual quote from a game.

I will use mine as an example, my favorite quote is:

"You will never know." - Agent 47

This was on the second to last cutscene to Hitman: Absolution.....and it as AWESOME. The intensity of the moment really drove it home, and the fact that Agent 47 is so sweet just adds on to it...

Anyway, what are yours?

Bioshock is full of great quotes.

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

• Like 2

for some reason I love this quote from Red Dead Redemption

"I have a son at home and a daughter in heaven." (John to Luisa in Father Abraham)

and this is just golden (also from RDR)

John: “Damn you!”

Stranger: “Yes, many have...” from the quest "I know you stranger"

and I love this quote from Dragon's Dogma

"Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well while he who knows not, knows not what I know or know not."

Edited by entimecago

I have to chose 5 lol -

• Duke Nukem Forever - "My balls, your face!"
  • Zero Wing - "All your base are belong to us"
  • Portal 2 - Pretty much everything GlaDOS says, that robot is a RIOT!
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 - "You're pretty good!"
  • Demon's Souls - "Give Sparkly me, give Twinkly me!"

Suikoden 2, Luca Blight: "It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands! Look at me! I am sublime! I am the true face of evil!". Said after a battle that involved a hail of flaming arrows that killed everyone but him, 18 party members (separated in 3 groups), even more arrows and a final 1-on-1 duel against the protagonist.

I can think of quite a few and I can't decide so I'll just list them by game;

Devil May Cry 3

Dante: "Dude, my father wasn't so hideous, can't you tell by looking at me? (Part of the dialogue just before the battle against Arkham)

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

• Sena (Platinum the Trinity): "Now, Luna, you can't call people that, even though in this case, it appears to be true" (Sena says this after Luna calls Ragna a paedophile)
  • Ragna: "I'll show you... There is no Hell... just darkness... This is the power of the Azure..." (One of Ragna's lines when using his Astral Heat, Black Onslaught)

Dragon's Dogma

• Pawn: "T'would be a grand place for sightseeing, if it weren't for all the monsters"
  • Pawn: "I do not care to meet what left those giant footprints behind" (I only like this line when there is a Cyclops or any other large monster straight ahead in plain view)
  • The Dragon: "If you would face me, seek me out and I shall allow it. But heed the zealot's lesson well - when the weak court death, they find it"
  • The Dragon: "If you lack the strength to stay my fire... to stay the fated ruin... then all shall scatter as ash"
  • The Dragon: "The hour for turning back is past. The world will have it's answer: you or me? Death, or life beyond?"

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

I agree Bioshock has some great lines, hmm let me think :hmm:

Andrew Ryan: What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds. A parasite asks "Where is my share?" A man creates. A parasite says, "What will the neighbors think?" A man invents. A parasite says, "Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God..." (Bioshock)

Little Sister: "Mr. Bubbles, Mr. Bubbles, are you there? Are you there? Come and give me lollies, come and bring me toffees, teddy bears, teddy bears." (Bioshock) sing it like Frère Jacques :P

"Requiescat in pace" - Assassin's Creed games in almost all events where he kills someone, i just like it haha, it must be the Latin, if it was in English i don't think it would quite have the same effect ^-^

Neptune: "I bet their experience points suck!" (Hyperdimension Neptunia) whenever you go into battle with a low level enemy, nice touch i thought, made me laugh :yay: