Top 3 Vita games to buy first (as of today)

AdventjX

27 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Is there anyway to get Zero Escape:999 by itself on vita?

Nope, unfortunately only as a part of Nonary Games.

27 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I already have the other two digitally :'(

All the more reason to buy TNG :P

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (excellent action/adventure)

Zero Escape Series (minblowing VN / detective?)

Killzone: Mercenary (very polished shooter)

my.pref+

Freedom Wars (Action JRPG ~ Hunter-Like ~ Sci-Fi Setting)

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Action JRPG ~ Hunter-Like ~ Gory/Fantasy Setting)

cross-platforms:

Gravity Rush (Colorful Action/Flight-Simulator) (Art style looks like those old good Ghibli Works) [PS4]

Tearaway (Colorful Action with Fun/Childish Setup, but with deep and creative "message") [PS4]

Odin Sphere (2d platformer with gorgeous Artworks) [PS3/PS4][PS2]

Dragon's Crown (2d beatemup with gorgeous Artworks) [PS3]

Edited by nyantzu1986
add description
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was on the fence about picking up a Vita myself but I'm being quickly convinced between the game library and the fun community to buy in.  The question I'll have the wrestle with is OG Vita vs Slim but that is probably going to come down to availability.

? thanks for the push I needed!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would recommend what I've bought for my self:

God Eaters - well if speak about me, I'm not into animu stuff, then some inner sense has pushed me to by this game and I haven't regret yet. This is action RPG with some good things like:

Nice character creation with a lot of clothes stuff. Rare thing, character creation in Soul Sacrifice is nothing in compare to this.

Different weapons from short swords for rouge close combat to rocket missiles for a ranged battle. And this combined one melee and one firearm on a battlefield.

Nice Bosses and Bestiary. They're not just walking jumping bots, they're flying, running, shooting, casting spells and the hell a lot of it.

Nice story, not only dialogues and cutsceenes at the places, but also long cinematic stories about past and etc.

Silent Hill: Book of memories.

If cut off the Silent Hill from the title it's a very cheerful Diablo clone. It not pushes hard from beginning, but at the middle things are becoming difficult and very different. A lot of weapons, from firearms to medieval swords(plus schizoid some). All the bestiary from Silent Hill from flying Screamers to Needlers, some Bosses are easy, some with a puzzle to solve before kill. Actually game looks very good, I would recommend it, also plus if you know and liked Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. World of Final Fantasy - fantastic RPG properly optimised for PS Vita (good old Square Enix caring about us) great game excellent combat system with a wealth of post-game content to keep you busy i am on 84hours at the moment also if you like grinding levels this game has a lot of that if you want to go for the platinum trophy. if you do not care about that then about 50 hours to finish the main game with some odd side quests here and there. 

2. Killzone: Mercenary - if you love shooters Guerrilla Games Cambridge (UK) really did a fantastic job with this it runs so well on PS Vita and so satisfying to play. the multiplayer is still going strong even with the studios closure the multiplayer trophies are luck based for the most of them but overall as a game it is great the campaign on easy will take between 5 hours to run through without any collectables or objectives. Once you beat it you have Mercenary Contracts unlock tasking you with different objectives and styles to play to increase your score and unlock better rewards from Black Jacks Armoury overall a steller game and a must buy for any Vita gamer or Killzone fan.

3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss  - This is probably my last choice it was the second Vita game i owned (first was Gravity Rush since they were both free on PS+ years ago) what can i say i only own two Uncharted platinum trophies and this is one of them. Bend Studios really managed to capture the Uncharted atmosphere and put it in a nice pocket-sized experience the same great Uncharted campaign formula great chases, gunplay and action with all the usual swinging gunplay. it uses the Vita features a lot like coal rubbings (collectable) holding the Vita steady for walking across ropes (six-axis) and swiping for QTE's and uses the Vita's features in a non-gimmicky way. Which in 2017 is quite refreshing since you barely see any games use anything the Vita has to offer and feels like just playing a normal PSP game. So yes this is defiantly a must buy.