Top 3 Vita games to buy first (as of today)

AdventjX

21 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because PS4 sucks.

And playing VNs on TV sucks even more =D

Talking about this, Nonary Games are also on PS4.

You know, best games being ported because PS4 has no games :awesome:

Satoshi, I play all of my vita games on TV instead of the actual vita, this includes the VN. A white listed vita tv is pretty good, surely you've got something similar? Some games are ridiculous on that teeny screen.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Satoshi, I play all of my vita games on TV instead of the actual vita, this includes the VN. 

You are hurting me... :/ First P5 dub and now not proper way of playing Vita games...

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

A white listed vita tv is pretty good, surely you've got something similar? Some games are ridiculous on that teeny screen.

Nope. Never actually wanted to get Vita TV.

The only 2 reasons to get it would be

1) Niche + rare as hell

2) Using DS4

3) Vita in name is not on localized so this can't count :awesome: 

Everything is perfect on Vita-tan's screen :P You can see all waifus perfectly compared to big ugly screen :awesome: 

Persona 4 Golden

Disgaea 4: A promise unforgotten (much better and improved from the PS3 version plus all DLC inc.)

FFX/X-2 HD remaster

These three games will get you hundreds of hours of play from the Vita, making them worthwhile in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You are hurting me... :/ First P5 dub and now not proper way of playing Vita games...

Nope. Never actually wanted to get Vita TV.

The only 2 reasons to get it would be

1) Niche + rare as hell

2) Using DS4

3) Vita in name is not on localized so this can't count :awesome: 

Everything is perfect on Vita-tan's screen :P You can see all waifus perfectly compared to big ugly screen :awesome: 

It's a serviceable hand held but I seriously only use it when there is no other option, I'm just not a hand held fan. Luckily I am a fan of the Vita games and it doesn't make any difference to me if I play it on a tv set. Look, I've got 2 Vita Tv's, want me to post you one?

P5? Hurt? Don't be hurt, I have the JP and ENG releases of P5. I'd rather have JP on the JP release and experience the wincing,,, I mean squeaky, I mean wonderful Eng dub on the Eng version, it's made for it and I don't want the experience to be identical.

37 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Uum... that wouldn't hurt if you don't need both.

Though... shipping from Australia... =D That's going to hurt xD

Got a psp? the usb psu works with it, one less psu means less weight. Actually when I was in Osaka they had second hand ones for 16000 yen, very expensive, Mine cost $12 and the other $30. My spare is old enough to whitelist, I'm serious if you're interested.

On another note, I could kick myself in the butt, last weekend our EB had about 6 Vita games all on special, I went back yesterday and all gone :( However on the actual vita, I tried out Grand Kingdom over the weekend, not a bad game.

Edit: I bought 2 because the 1st one didn't have a power supply, it was that cheap to just buy another so I did. The Vita also takes PSP psu.

Edited by Z1MZUM

I keep a list of every game I platinum / 100% (50 games, you can check my profile to see which ones) and score them so this is my vita list. For the record I did not yet play P4G it's still in my backlog and for many people it's the best Vita Game. I do plan to play it this year though!

Vita Exclusives List: (Not on PS3/PS4)

1) Muramasa Rebirth 8.5/10

2) Severed 8.0/10

3) Uncharted: Golden Abyss 7.5/10

Including Cross Platforms / Remasters

1) FF10 HD 10/10

2) The Walking Dead 9.5/10

3) Hotline Miami  8.5/10

Edited by tpepper1985

45 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

I keep a list of every game I platinum / 100% (50 games, you can check my profile to see which ones) and score them so this is my vita list. For the record I did not yet play P4G it's still in my backlog and for many people it's the best Vita Game. I do plan to play it this year though!

Vita Exclusives List:

1) Muramasa Rebirth 8.5/10

2) Severed 8.0/10

3) Uncharted: Golden Abyss 7.5/10

Including Cross Platforms / Remasters

1) FF10 HD 10/10

2) The Walking Dead 9.5/10

3) Hotline Miami  8.5/10

Severed exclusive to Vita huh ? I'm pretty sure it's also available in the 3DS and Wii U but whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Severed exclusive to Vita huh ? I'm pretty sure it's also available in the 3DS and Wii U but whatever. 

Meant more Playstation platform (not on PS3/PS4). Muramasa is also on Wii I think? Updated my post for clarity :-)

Edited by tpepper1985

12 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

Meant more Playstation platform (not on PS3/PS4). Muramasa is also on Wii I think? Updated my post for clarity :-)

Yup . Muramasa is also on Wii with the name Muramasa The Demon Blade , Rebirth is a port of that version .

I'm genuinely disappointed by the lack of Soul Sacrifice Delta mentions its hands down the best game on the system and an exclusive and there's nothing else like it. Calling it a monster hunter game does it no justice as most people take that as to mean its a monster hunter clone.

Ys Memories of Celcetta and Persona 4 golden are excellent RPGs and exclusives. If you like Uncharted get Golden Abyss. Wipeout 2048 is good but ou might as well wait for the PS4 Omega collection.

The VNs a lot of people have mentioned are also on PS4. If you like chaotic games get EDF version 2 another exclusive.

On 12/04/2017 at 3:15 PM, Superbuu3 said:

I'm genuinely disappointed by the lack of Soul Sacrifice Delta mentions its hands down the best game on the system and an exclusive and there's nothing else like it. Calling it a monster hunter game does it no justice as most people take that as to mean its a monster hunter clone.

I didn't really like Soul Sacrifice Delta tbh. I never understood all the hype surrounding it. Maybe that's just because I'm not into Monster Hunter clones. :P

On 12/04/2017 at 3:15 PM, Superbuu3 said:

The VNs a lot of people have mentioned are also on PS4.

They're better on Vita though. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I didn't really like Soul Sacrifice Delta tbh. I never understood all the hype surrounding it. Maybe that's just because I'm not into Monster Hunter clones. :P

They're better on Vita though. ;)

There's more depth to builds in the game than pretty much any other RPG out there. Team spells, spell combinations are things you rarely see in games. Regardless of whether you find the game fun or not that is something that has to be commended.

On 12/04/2017 at 7:37 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, the 1004 one.

Well, if you need to offload, I guess I would be interested depending on a price =D

$0 should be enough

I've just moved, my gaming room is huge, it's sitting there with the handhelds.

Depending on what you're into, I'd say the games I'd most recommend would be as follows, in no particular order:

RESISTANCE: Burning Skies (Good generic FPS w/ a sci-fi twist and SUPER EASY to platinum)

KILLZONE: Mercenary (Same as above only more militaristic slant instead of apocalyptic / alien-invasion. A little tougher plat but not hard at all)

CALL OF DUTY -  BLACK OPS: Declassified (I know it got sh!t all over by many but I quite enjoyed it. Thought it was a nice 'bite-sized' version of the larger games and I liked the way the missions were broken up. Tough plat tho)

Unit 13 (REALLY fun, very overlooked 3rd person tactical shooter. Quite surprised by this one. Really worth a look if you like shooters / military games)

UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss (Full length Uncharted game on a pint-sized platform. Looks good and utilizes all the Vita's functionalities rather well. No tougher than any other Uncharted to plat)

Limbo (EXCELLENT, atmospheric platformer with a dark vibe)

Gravity Rush (Really fun, unique and made great use of the Vita's touch & motion controls. Absolute SHAME the second one wasn't released on this dying platform)

Guacamelee (Very solid, very fun and extremely well done platformer. Another tough plat, IMHO)

Counterspy (Totally stealth based game with a unique art style)

Hope this provides you with a good idea or two!

Edited by DETfaninATL