Game Opinions: Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice, Disgaea 3

Recently I came into possession of Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and I was wondering if anyone has some comments on how they are.  I got them all for free and if I'm not interested in playing them I'm going to give them back to the person I got them from.  I mainly play turned based JRPGs and VN since super fast action games I'm just not very good at.

Edit: Just a comment, but at this point in time I'd rather not start games that I don't plan to finish

Edited by Alternatewarning

I don't know about disgaea, but soul sacrifice and dragon's crown are both excellent games. They might not be your cup of tea though since they're both action games. 

Soul sacrifice is similar to monster hunter; you hunt various stuff to get loot. It takes some time to get used to the mechanics but after that it's good fun. 

Dragon's crown is a good brawler, its easy to get into so you shouldn't worry about skill.

• Like 1

They're all on the Vita, right? So I guess you can't try them out, since because they'll still appear on your profile. I can only speak for Dragon's Crown, and hmm...don't know what to say. I haven't played it in some time. From what I do remember, it's an action JRPG where you can play as different characters. Also, you need to finish the game with each character, but if you can find someone to play with via PS3, it counts towards the ending.

Soul Sacrifice is a monster hunter. Kill monsters, collect loot, build better weapons. Don't know if you're interested in it. Don't play this one as there is a newer version - Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Edited by Edunstar84

Dragon's Crown is excellent beat em up so if you like them then definitely try it.

Soul Sacrifice is pretty much the only monster hunter type of game that i have liked but it does suffer from the same problems than the other games from the genre. If you just play one run of it then you most likely will have decent time with even if you arent fan of the genre.

Disgaea 3 is one of the weakest game in the series and i thought it was boring. Who knows.....you might still like it but Disgaea 4 is a much,much better choice (throw that game back at him and demand Disgaea 4)

Soul Sacrifice has dark story lines if you're interested in that. About Soul Sacrifice Delta, this sort of a remake with a part two to the story as well. I played both. It's no VN or turn based rpg but it might be fun. The action isn't fast and mostly I found it to be quite doable.

In both games I found the story lines to be interesting.

Dragon's Crown is more action and best played online with random other people. They'll show you where there are hidden rooms in the levels and at the end of a level it helps to cook with more people. The story is rather weak though. The action part of the game is rather simple, I stuck with the dwarf character which mainly meant I got to pick up enemies and randomly throw them. Others playing more magic inclined characters had the interesting moves, but I kept it simple for me.

I still haven't played any Disgaea yet ...

You can probably find some vids on youtube to check out the game play.

I've just played the Disgaea games and they are turn b ased SRPG style, so you should have no problem with it (similar to FF Tactics if you've played those). Of the Disgaea series, it's not the best one in terms of the story and characters, but the Disgaea games are basically all about endless grinding and obtaining extraordinarily high stats with most of the work being post game. The story is very easy and should take about 30 hours, but the post game stuff always needs hours of grinding and is where most of the meat in the game is. I personally found them to have an initially very steep learning curve if you have never played them before, but if you just intend on doing the story then it should be no problem if you're used to RPGs. It's similar to the job system in FF with character creation and controlling units on a grid like field. 

I have all 3 except Disgaea is on the PS3 while the other 2 are on the Vita. Dragons Crown is actually my favorite out of the lot and this is not only because I've played Princess Crown on the Saturn back in the day, it is also because it's an excellent game imo.