Danger Ball Tips Guide

OJ9999vr

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

That's a hell of a write up.  Have you considered making it an actual guide though?  I'll give it a look if/when I get the game.  I had some fun with the demo.

It might be a possibility, so far i've only played 3/5 modes in the game. And it's actually the first time i've written any guides (atleast as far as i can remember).

4 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

It might be a possibility, so far i've only played 3/5 modes in the game. And it's actually the first time i've written any guides (atleast as far as i can remember).

I have a guide in hold, you may want to help me. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 19/03/2019 at 10:44 AM, Baron_Bonk said:

For anyone still struggling with score attack, two tips:

1. When the area starts up, pause the game. Now lean forward towards your tv screen till the point where the two diagonally floating text are out of sight and your VR screen is filled with the "PAUSED" text. Recentre the camera with the options button on the controller. You will be further away from the screen when you sit back in the normal position. When you resume and look to the side, you'll see that you're kinda at the back of the frame where you're "standing". Because of the positioning you've a smaller field of view to cover and can react better to incoming balls;
2. Just like with VR Luge, put your hands on the side of the VR-goggles. It came apparent to me that I had a lot of trouble to both keep my eyes on the incoming ball and steer the cursor with my head. By putting your hands on the side of the VR, you can keep your eyes on the incoming ball, while your hands do the steering, enabling you to rely on your hand-eye coordination instead of on your head alone.

This way I managed to get my score up from a maximum of 4000 and a bit to 8300 in just three tries (5000, 1500 and 1800 points in the respective rounds). You might have to get a bit lucky with both your focus and the ball not accidentally going ape shit on with bouncing from the walls (which you with some luck can correct with a curve ball), but these two steps should help tremendously.

Thanks for the tips buddy! I was actually struggling, when I tried to hit the ball, the headset moves a little bit which made me skip it. With your advice I did storm 5-0 on hard the first try. This should be added to the guide. :I

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, amurnin100 said:

Still trying this , any more tips discovered ?

For me, personally, standing up while playing danger ball helped me since I could throw my whole body into bouncing the ball back. Opponents on hard don't like to return too many of your balls if you keep smash bouncing it around. Every one of them are susceptible to that, though beware of doing that with Dupe since if he does return and dupe one of your fast smashes, you might end up having two fast balls coming at you from two different directions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

For me, personally, standing up while playing danger ball helped me since I could throw my whole body into bouncing the ball back. Opponents on hard don't like to return too many of your balls if you keep smash bouncing it around. Every one of them are susceptible to that, though beware of doing that with Dupe since if he does return and dupe one of your fast smashes, you might end up having two fast balls coming at you from two different directions.

Much appreciated :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I found out what worked big time for me.

what i did is i got kind of good at aiming and then i just start smashing all incoming balls untill i get 8x multiplier and even a bit then as well. It seemed like the speed then was slower for a bit longer. It seemed like the speed of the ball was increasing by time, not score (not sure if this is the case though). Anyways i normally got aroung 4,5k to 6k almost every run doing this, till i finally got 7,6k on the first ball lol, luckily it wasnt so scary then, and ilost the second ball at 8,2k and ended up getting aroung9,6k i think it was.

and 10 sec ago the platinum came ad i was «auto diving» the last dive as i was writing this message ;)

Edited by Megaman80
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

I found out what worked big time for me.

what i did is i got kind of good at aiming and then i just start smashing all incoming balls untill i get 8x multiplier and even a bit then as well. It seemed like the speed then was slower for a bit longer. It seemed like the speed of the ball was increasing by time, not score (not sure if this is the case though). Anyways i normally got aroung 4,5k to 6k almost every run doing this, till i finally got 7,6k on the first ball lol, luckily it wasnt so scary then, and ilost the second ball at 8,2k and ended up getting aroung9,6k i think it was.

and 10 sec ago the platinum came ad i was «auto diving» the last dive as i was writing this message ;)

Congrats man, this mode is killing it for me , I will try this at the weekend :D

7 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Congrats man, this mode is killing it for me , I will try this at the weekend :D

Dont give up, i tried for 5 hours non stop last saturday, and didnt get anywhere, other then getting to know how not to play. In the end of the session i figured out i was going to mess around with the smash skill, and the points rack up much faster, and the speed overall felt a lot slower. Im sure i could double that 8k score mark, but i have a goal of becoming #1 in my country at VR, which im just 100 points short of, and 1 platinum short.

good luck to you and hope you get it soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megaman80 said:

Dont give up, i tried for 5 hours non stop last saturday, and didnt get anywhere, other then getting to know how not to play. In the end of the session i figured out i was going to mess around with the smash skill, and the points rack up much faster, and the speed overall felt a lot slower. Im sure i could double that 8k score mark, but i have a goal of becoming #1 in my country at VR, which im just 100 points short of, and 1 platinum short.

good luck to you and hope you get it soon!

Thank you mate :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having issues with the tournament: I can barely make it to Necro, beating him 5-0 seems insane.

The main issue I have is that I feel it's scripted: no matter what, at the highest difficulties the AI will block your shots regardless, simply "Put it in one side and aim at the other" as the guide suggests is not a useful advice. On the other hand, there are times where my shots are terrible and weak, and somehow I score. So yeah, I feel like the mode is mostly luck based.

And in the end, I feel like the ball hitbox is terrible: there have been instances where the ball literally went through myself.

So yeah, any useful advice? :(

19 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm having issues with the tournament: I can barely make it to Necro, beating him 5-0 seems insane.

The main issue I have is that I feel it's scripted: no matter what, at the highest difficulties the AI will block your shots regardless, simply "Put it in one side and aim at the other" as the guide suggests is not a useful advice. On the other hand, there are times where my shots are terrible and weak, and somehow I score. So yeah, I feel like the mode is mostly luck based.

And in the end, I feel like the ball hitbox is terrible: there have been instances where the ball literally went through myself.

So yeah, any useful advice? :(

Did you read this full thread for all the tips people have suggested? The keys for this are as follows:

•keep both hands on the vr headset at all times so you can be more precise and react more quickly 

•at the start of the game, make sure you are centered and as far back in the arena as you possibly can be

•try to smash the ball as much as possible by moving your head forward as you hit the ball

•you may also want to put spin on the ball to score more frequently by moving your head left, right, up, or down as you hit the ball

It just takes time to get comfortable with it. I would also highly recommend standing up while playing so you can use your body to move too. 

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Standing up is not an option unfortunately, my room is small. How does having the hands on the VR help exactly? That seems uncomfortable.

@F1rstinFlight

I explained why putting your hands on the headset is better. It allows you to be more precise because you’re using your hands to steer while keeping your eyes on the ball. This lets you take advantage of your hand-eye coordination. I couldn’t imagine doing this without using hands. Those are the tips. Now you just have to practice and get good at this mode. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F1rstinFlight said:

I explained why putting your hands on the headset is better. It allows you to be more precise because you’re using your hands to steer while keeping your eyes on the ball. This lets you take advantage of your hand-eye coordination. I couldn’t imagine doing this without using hands. Those are the tips. Now you just have to practice and get good at this mode. 

All right, thank you :)

So far I did it by being sit, without the hands on the Vr, and without moving my head before it hit the ball. As I said I can't be standing because if I do, the camera doesn't detect me. I truly hope the hands and moving the head will be as important as you say.

To me it is astonishing that the Trophy for completing the tournament challenges is so more common than the Trophy for the Luge challenges, I'm finding Danger Ball much harder.

Edited by KenjiCBZ

3 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

All right, thank you :)

So far I did it by being sit, without the hands on the Vr, and without moving my head before it hit the ball. As I said I can't be standing because if I do, the camera doesn't detect me. I truly hope the hands and moving the head will be as important as you say.

To me it is astonishing that the Trophy for completing the tournament challenges is so more common than the Trophy for the Luge challenges, I'm finding Danger Ball much harder.

I think it’s because of motion sickness. I got very dizzy sometimes on luge VR and this space game should be illegal. Almost vomit after that. 

• Like 1

@F1rstinFlight I DID IT!

Those tips you gave me worked like a charm. I'm not sure how much the hands thing helped, I also did it only against the strongest opponents because my arms were suffering 😂, but I indeed did much better. However, the game changer was spinning my head: spinning it down, up or to the sides often made me miss the ball, so I instead I was giving an headbutt to the ball, and this was the game changer. My shots were much more powerful and I breezed through the mode, beating Necro 5-0 only at the second try: on my first, I won 5-2, and those two points I conceded were only because I mistakenly shaked my head down.

So thanks a lot, your help is truly appreciated! :)

@amurnin100 Tagging you so you know those tips are useful, for real. :P

• Like 1