OJ9999vr

Danger Ball Tips Guide

6 posts in this topic

So this is one of the hardest modes in the game, around the same difficulty as luge tour (a bit harder IMO). And i thought why not make a short little guide, to hopefully make it a bit easier.

 

Tournament:

The only thing you have to worry about here is beating Necro 5-0, the rest will come natrually.

Here the difficulty increases for each level, i failed so many times on 4-5 before making it to the last one. Just to almost loose it all, due to Necro turning into colossus (i were behind 2-4 or 3-4 at the time).

 

Score Attack:

This is possibly the hardest one, due to the fact you have to reach 8000 points. The rest should come naturally.

I'd advise to try racking up as much points as possible during the first life. Try getting as high combo as possible, and try to avoid wall bounces if possible, those will easily destroy your run. For the 2nd and 3rd life the ball will pick up speed much faster, so try making the best out of it. (you're lucky if you get 1000+ points in one life at this stage). A tip might be to focus on hitting the ball, rather than hitting the highest points (so you get a longer run with a high combo).

Here's a video of my run: 

 

I had a lot of 4-6k runs, the best i got before this was a 7040. Got so lucky during this.

 

Last but not least Quick Play:

This is the one i found easiest. The hardest part is obviously to beat all different opponents on hard without loosing a point (5-0), the others will come naturally except 30 wins. What will make you win against the different opponents, is your knowledge of their special moves, and their weaknesses.

 

Tornado/Strom:

One of the harder opponents, the biggest problem here it to keep track of the ball.

Special move:

You will see an aura around the opponent once it's activated, this will make the ball circle towards you and make it hard to predict where it will be.

Weakness:

There is no obvious weaknesses, but what seems to work most of the time is getting the opponent to one side of the stage, the get a quick hit to the opposite side (you might have to build up some speed)

 

Nitro:

Even though this is the smallest opponent, it's also the quickest. Don't be fooled to think this is an easy match.

Special move:

The opponent will grab the ball, and release it in the same trajectory it got caught at a different point.

Weakness:

Same as the previous. There is no obvious weaknesses, but what seems to work most of the time is getting the opponent to one side of the stage, the get a quick hit to the opposite side (you might have to build up some speed)

 

Machine:

This is a different kind of opponent. It got two beams going across the stage one horizontally and one vertically with wheels attached to each end, and the point where the beams crosses each other makes a target (where it hits the ball).

Special move:

None, but it's shape can be counted as one

Weakness:

If you can hit perfectly, then the corners is a place which it's impossible for it to defend.

 

Twins:

This opponent has to diamond shapes connected to each other via an electric current.

Special move:

None, except the size and it often tends to curve the ball.

Weakness:

Same as Nitro and Tornado/Strom. There is no obvious weaknesses, but what seems to work most of the time is getting the opponent to one side of the stage, the get a quick hit to the opposite side (you might have to build up some speed). But it helps to aim for the corners due to it's shape.

 

Colossus:

This was the opponent giving me the most trouble, it's size covers 1/3 of the playing area.

Special move:

None, except it's size (shield). On harder difficulties it's pieces requires more hits to disappear.

Weakness:

If you got the patience, you could chip away it's shield leaving a space which the ball can pass trough. Ideally the outer cornerpieces opposite to each other. Otherwise same as Nitro, Tornado/Storm and Twins with a lot of luck.

 

Buzzsaw:

Another really annoying opponent, it's shape is normal (looks like an X), and it tends to move diagonally.

Special move:

Once activated you will see a line going around it's axis, once the ball hits the wall it'll stick to it until you get a hit. This is especially annoying around corners.

Weakness:

Same as Nitro, Tornado/Storm And Twins (Colossus, if you do it the hard way). There is no obvious weaknesses, but what seems to work most of the time is getting the opponent to one side of the stage, the get a quick hit to the opposite side (you might have to build up some speed)

 

Smasher:

This opponent has the same abilities as you, basically the fairest match in Danger Ball.

Special move:

It occasionally hits the ball quickly.

Weakness:

Same as Nitro, Tornado/Storm, Twins and Buzzsaw (Colossus, if you do it the hard way). There is no obvious weaknesses, but what seems to work most of the time is getting the opponent to one side of the stage, the get a quick hit to the opposite side (you might have to build up some speed)

 

Dupe:

This opponent is diamond shaped and occasionally creates an extra ball lasting for one hit.

Special move:

It duplicates the ball, once it hits the duplicate again it disappears. This happens normally within 3 hits of each other.

Weakness:

This is what makes it, probably the easiest opponent in Danger ball. Once it creates the duplicate simply hit the first ball normally and here comes the best part, hit the second ball hard and at a different place. This will make both balls reach the other side at approximately the same time, leaving an impossible save.

 

Necro (Tournament only, appears on stage 6):

This opponent is a special one, it looks like some sort of a chip and it copies the others appearances.

Special move:

Cops the opponents in the order you fought them, it changes from each point you get.

Weakness:

Since it copy opponents, it therefore get their weaknesses too.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a hell of a write up.  Have you considered making it an actual guide though?  I'll give it a look if/when I get the game.  I had some fun with the demo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

That's a hell of a write up.  Have you considered making it an actual guide though?  I'll give it a look if/when I get the game.  I had some fun with the demo.

 

Thanks :)

It might be a possibility, so far i've only played 3/5 modes in the game. And it's actually the first time i've written any guides (atleast as far as i can remember).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

 

Thanks :)

It might be a possibility, so far i've only played 3/5 modes in the game. And it's actually the first time i've written any guides (atleast as far as i can remember).

 

I have a guide in hold, you may want to help me. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone still struggling with score attack, two tips:

 

1. When the area starts up, pause the game. Now lean forward towards your tv screen till the point where the two diagonally floating text are out of sight and your VR screen is filled with the "PAUSED" text. Recentre the camera with the options button on the controller. You will be further away from the screen when you sit back in the normal position. When you resume and look to the side, you'll see that you're kinda at the back of the frame where you're "standing". Because of the positioning you've a smaller field of view to cover and can react better to incoming balls;
2. Just like with VR Luge, put your hands on the side of the VR-goggles. It came apparent to me that I had a lot of trouble to both keep my eyes on the incoming ball and steer the cursor with my head. By putting your hands on the side of the VR, you can keep your eyes on the incoming ball, while your hands do the steering, enabling you to rely on your hand-eye coordination instead of on your head alone.

 

This way I managed to get my score up from a maximum of 4000 and a bit to 8300 in just three tries (5000, 1500 and 1800 points in the respective rounds). You might have to get a bit lucky with both your focus and the ball not accidentally going ape shit on with bouncing from the walls (which you with some luck can correct with a curve ball), but these two steps should help tremendously.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2019 at 10:44 AM, Baron_Bonk said:

For anyone still struggling with score attack, two tips:

 

1. When the area starts up, pause the game. Now lean forward towards your tv screen till the point where the two diagonally floating text are out of sight and your VR screen is filled with the "PAUSED" text. Recentre the camera with the options button on the controller. You will be further away from the screen when you sit back in the normal position. When you resume and look to the side, you'll see that you're kinda at the back of the frame where you're "standing". Because of the positioning you've a smaller field of view to cover and can react better to incoming balls;
2. Just like with VR Luge, put your hands on the side of the VR-goggles. It came apparent to me that I had a lot of trouble to both keep my eyes on the incoming ball and steer the cursor with my head. By putting your hands on the side of the VR, you can keep your eyes on the incoming ball, while your hands do the steering, enabling you to rely on your hand-eye coordination instead of on your head alone.

 

This way I managed to get my score up from a maximum of 4000 and a bit to 8300 in just three tries (5000, 1500 and 1800 points in the respective rounds). You might have to get a bit lucky with both your focus and the ball not accidentally going ape shit on with bouncing from the walls (which you with some luck can correct with a curve ball), but these two steps should help tremendously.

Thanks for the tips buddy! I was actually struggling, when I tried to hit the ball, the headset moves a little bit which made me skip it. With your advice I did storm 5-0 on hard the first try. This should be added to the guide. :I

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.