Where to buy Vita games (US)

dmsleight

I am making a trip to the States to visit family in the coming months and I want to bring some games with me when I leave.  It has been forever since I have lived Stateside and I know shops have stopped carrying vita (BB and Walmart?).  I know there's Amazon and Gamestop, but are there other options you use?  I looked at Craigslist in my folks area but there are almost no postings.  Obviously, I am looking for physical games, but new or used are ok.  I am a volunteer so, I have to look for cheap options.

Any shopping advice? Thanks

Not to be a prick, but online.

My understanding is that if you're anywhere other than Japan, you need either a truck load of luck, or an eBay account to buy a physical Vita game these days. And even the (2) stores here that still sell them have the same 5 or so games and that's if you're lucky. 

I know it's not the answer you want, but if you want physical games, the internet's your only *realistic* option at this point.

8 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Not to be a prick, but online.

My understanding is that if you're anywhere other than Japan, you need either a truck load of luck, or an eBay account to buy a physical Vita game these days. And even the (2) stores here that still sell them have the same 5 or so games and that's if you're lucky. 

I know it's not the answer you want, but if you want physical games, the internet's your only *realistic* option at this point.

That's fine, but what stores?  Just ebay?  Any other recommendation?

1 minute ago, dmsleight said:

That's fine, but what stores?  Just ebay?  Any other recommendation?

Amazon still has a good selection of Vita games. If you want imported games you might want to check Play Asia. I don't know from what country Play Asia ships so be aware of tariffs. 

22 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

I am making a trip to the States to visit family in the coming months and I want to bring some games with me when I leave.  It has been forever since I have lived Stateside and I know shops have stopped carrying vita (BB and Walmart?).  I know there's Amazon and Gamestop, but are there other options you use?  I looked at Craigslist in my folks area but there are almost no postings.  Obviously, I am looking for physical games, but new or used are ok.  I am a volunteer so, I have to look for cheap options.

Any shopping advice? Thanks

Gamestop is the only place I see Vita games in Virginia. Best Buy has a good selection online but I'm not sure about stores.

But as others have said, Amazon still sells a large selection of Vita games, so it's a good choice. 

Good luck! 

39 minutes ago, Calhoun_84 said:

Amazon still has a good selection of Vita games. If you want imported games you might want to check Play Asia. I don't know from what country Play Asia ships so be aware of tariffs. 

For Play-asia, I believe their main warehouse is in Singapore. That's where my last 3 orders from them came from. 

I disagree with people saying don't visit Gamestop. Many Gamestops are trying to get rid of their vita selection so certain games can be found at a decent percentage discount than getting it from Amazon. If you see some games you're interested in, then just compare the price you see at the store to Amazon. Some times it's cheaper and other times it's not. But I have saved some big bucks getting Vita titles from Gamestop.

I love the responses from people who don't live in the States. Classic.

On topic - It all depends on where you're going. If you are going to be in any major metro cities, you should have plenty to chose from. If you're going to Los Angeles, one of the biggest game shops is in the San Fernando Valley, about 20 minutes north of Hollywood, and definitely worth the drive. I'll shoot a link for you. They always have a great selection of vita games. They also have damn near every major system you can think of.

http://www.gamedude.com/