YOU SHALL NOT PASS

StewartBros

Wow, either this is a really difficult trophy, or I'm just going about it the wrong way, because Roya is taking damage literally 1 second into the fight.  How are you supposed to protect her for a full minute when you're being screwed over right from the word go?

Anyone have any suggestions?  The only YT video I could find shows Roya suffering pretty heavy damage, so it's not much help.

It took me a bunch of tries, but what I found that worked was using the group repel power by pressing and holding square to force the various groups away and then shooting them and throwing in a grenade from time to time. I tried to time my push just as the wave was approaching, and finishing off the enemies so the power would be charged just as the next wave was arriving. I basically stood right on top of Roya.  Even then in felt like a fair bit of luck, but the waves do stop/you kill them all after a while so if you're quick you can kill them all and just wait out the last 15 seconds stress free.

i recommend doing this on the second Body named Victor . I managed to get 2 enemys stuck in the Rocks by pressing L2 and Square and spamming Granades and arrows. Once i realized that no new enemys spawn because of those stucked ones i was thinking well this worked quite smooth. just let those two alive and let the time run out. ...

Edited by elpap27

Hm, I wonder....

If all else failed, and I had to replay the game to get back here, and I activated a 2nd controller at the save point outside Roya's house... could 2 players do this section, thereby making it much easier?  I could ask my brother to help out for a few minutes - if he constantly spams Jeremy's Whirlwind around Roya, and I spammed arrows and Repel with Alysa, then I imagine it would be made much easier than if I were to fight them all solo?

And on the subject of replaying, it took me a hell of a lot longer to reach this point in the game than the 1 hour that people say it takes!  Took me a good few hours! ?

There is a ring in Stormtop called abaddon's ring which doubles your whirlwind time. Fully upgrade your whirlwind power as well as knock back and heavy attack. Using whirlwind and heavy attack only should be enough to unlock this trophy without too much trouble, got it on my 3rd attempt. I did it on the first body, fount it easier for some reason.

1 hour ago, dwproject said:

There is a ring in Stormtop called abaddon's ring which doubles your whirlwind time. Fully upgrade your whirlwind power as well as knock back and heavy attack. Using whirlwind and heavy attack only should be enough to unlock this trophy without too much trouble, got it on my 3rd attempt. I did it on the first body, fount it easier for some reason.

Yeah, I did have that ring.  I eventually got it earlier tonight by basically just circling around Roya whilst she was at the 2nd body, constantly spamming the Whirlwind move, and throwing in a few Heavy attacks and regular slashes when it was safe to do so.  For whatever reason, it just hadn't been working before, so maybe I just got lucky this time.

As you said, the Whirlwind, heavy attack and knockback were all fully upgraded, which definitely helped.  Abaddon's Ring is essential to pulling this off, as well as equipping the strongest swords you have (buy them from the trader in Godskeep prior to starting this chapter if you have to).

As for playing in couch co-op, it didn't seem to be especially helpful.  Actually felt like the game threw more enemies at us, which made it harder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had no luck playing as Alysa... probably not helped by the fact I didn't have enough XP to fully upgrade my arrow speed. I switched to Jeremy, fully upgraded power attack and whirlwind, also sucked a lot of blood to slow down the enemies and allow my weapons to regenerate... and that's how I earned this trophy. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but recently got this trophy and it was annoying as all heck, I honestly could not do it solo and had to do it with 2 players. But if you want to do it with 2 players make sure the other player joins at the save point before entering Roya's place, there is a soft check point just before you have to protect Roya and second player cannot join there. 

I had Jeremy (Player 1) with max whirlwind, max damage and a bit on stun, as well as equipping him with the Abaddon ring which increases duration of whirlwind. During the fight just had Jeremy do his whirlwind attack with a bit of his heavy attack to stun enemies.

I had Alysa (Player 2) with max damage, max fire rate and some points into grenade damage and had that player stay at the bottom of the screen lobbing grenades at Roya (grenades don't hurt Roya), so the splash damage kept enemies away while the fast fire rate chipped enemy health (if not kill them) so that Jeremy could finish them off.

Obviously equip the best equipment you can for you characters, there should be a chest with a sword north of the area you protect Roya for Jeremy and a crossbow in a chest to the south east for Alyssa, also increased your strength with the coins you collected for each character. 

Even with this, sometimes a stray attack would hit Roya, (very infuriating) but after about 3 tries with 2 players I was able to pop the trophy. I could not do this solo after what seemed like 30 tries alternating between Alysa and Jeremy. 

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I read all the tips but I felt that the way to execute it seemed wrong. So, I did it much more easily by totally upgrading the rotated attack (R2), taking care with any damage and I did it in the first part around Roya. I did it on the first try!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...