Azaan60

Far Cry 5 Announcement Trailer

69 posts in this topic

Looking forward to putting lots of bullet holes in those dudes, but hopefully I don't have to kill the doggie. He's a good boy, yes he is!

Edited by MeteorHawk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks promising. The setting is kinda unrealistic, but it has potential. I don't think it ll top Far Cry 3.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but it really does look good. I cut ties with Ubisoft after the abomination that was The Division along with the last entry in the FarCry series. Looks like I might find myself being dragged back two years later by my feet with this one...maybe. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

The setting is kinda unrealistic.

Really? To me, it looks like one of the more realistics settings in the series so far.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so playing as a female.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arkthur said:

Really? To me, it looks like one of the more realistics settings in the series so far.

 

I believe it is unrealistc. Doing something like that? On American soil? How long before the army would arrive guns blazing? On the contrary, the settings of the previous game can be explained

 

FC - Private facility on a secret island

FC2 - Civil War on a third world African County

FC3 - Modern pirates and smugglers on a island somewhere near Thailand

FC4 - Dictatorship on an Asian country

Edited by TheGwynbleidd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

 

I believe it is unrealistc. Doing something like that? On American soil? How long before the army would arrive guns blazing? On the contrary, the settings of the previous game can be explained

 

FC - Private facility on a secret island

FC2 - Civil War on a third world African County

FC3 - Modern pirates and smugglers on a island somewhere near Thailand

FC4 - Dictatorship on an Asian country

You realize you play as a Cop who was sent to take the Cult down right? His strike force team gets captured by the cultists at the beginning of the game. Which is why you're alone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

You realize you play as a Cop who was sent to take the Cult down right? His strike force team gets captured by the cultists at the beginning of the game. Which is why you're alone. 

 

Yeah, but I think something like that would require something bigger than a strike team and a federal cop.

Edited by TheGwynbleidd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

You realize you play as a Cop who was sent to take the Cult down right? His strike force team gets captured by the cultists at the beginning of the game. Which is why you're alone. 

 

And obviously he couldn't get any backup? 

I like the idea but to try and say it makes sense is dumb.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

 

And obviously he couldn't get any backup? 

I like the idea but to try and say it makes sense is dumb.

Well I mean look at Clearwater Town, that's a pretty infamous example of a town getting taken over by a cult. When Cult members manage to sneak into politics a lot of stuff can happen.

Edited by Azaan60
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is completely possible that "Father" has some kind of leverage over people. Otherwise, not cultist would've skipped town already. I highly doubt that total supression would be the answer to this kind of situation in real life.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this and normally an easy platinum :platinum: 😜

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, damon8r351 said:

Far Cry games tend to take place in locales where the civil order has either broke down or doesn't exist yet (as in Primal). Which is why I disagreed when people would say places like Australia would be a great setting: Australia is a first world nation and far too stable. What you need for a Far Cry game to work is a region where the gov't is nonexistent or so dysfunctional that it can't keep order and that a state of anarchy initially is more powerful than the force of order (hence Kyrat, Rook Island, Leboa-Sako/Bowa-Seko). Part of the campaign of these games is to help restore order, at least in 3 and 4. So seeing as this game takes place in the U.S., my theory is that one of three things is happening in the game:

  1. This takes place in a dystopia. Either alt-history, or in the near future. Some sort of civil war has taken place or is progress, hence why the traditional chaotic Far Cry sort of setting is present in a stable, first-world nation. This is what I wish is happening.
  2. This takes place in the modern day, in this universe, and the developers are taking a suspension-of-disbelief killing amount of artistic license, placing the traditional Far Cry setting in a stable first world country. Realistically, there's no way any stable gov't would allow the sort of situation and in the same scale that's normally seen in a Far Cry game to develop without doing something about it. That's something you normally see in the third world. This is probably what's actually going to happen.
  3. This takes place on a much smaller scale than we've seen before. Maybe only a farm or a large compound. Like for instance, David Koresh's compound. This is probably not what's happening.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how this ends up working out.

 

 

Really looking forward to it and good points, but  the differences between #1 and #2 really aren't that big in a video game world.  Look at Grand Theft Auto IV (NYC) or V (LA).  They took place in a modern day world (#2) but with all the leaps of faith, we were essentially in a chaotic, alt-history world #1.  No way the they could get away anywhere near that level of carnage.  So yeah, there will need to be a healthy dose of disbelief.

 

This trailer/setting looks really good.  I may have to buy at launch and I seldom do that these days.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

Well I mean look at Clearwater Town, that's a pretty infamous example of a town getting taken over by a cult. When Cult members manage to sneak into politics a lot of stuff can happen.

 

Yeah but in the case of Far Cry your a cop who's team have been taken out. Rather than going on a one man rampage why not just drive to the next county and get help? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

 

Yeah but in the case of Far Cry your a cop who's team have been taken out. Rather than going on a one man rampage why not just drive to the next county and get help? 

I'd hate to play the "It's a video game" card but...

 

It'd be a pretty boring game if all you had to do was just call in more backup and sit at a stand still for multiple days until the whole place goes up in flames.

Edited by angelgrievous
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

I'd hate to play the "It's a video game" card but...

 

It'd be a pretty boring game if all you had to do was just call in more backup and sit at a stand still for multiple days until the whole place goes up in flames.

 

What in the Waco, Texas are you talking about?!? B)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love if this was getting a christmas release but ok.........I guess I can wait 😒

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2017 at 9:25 AM, angelgrievous said:

I'd hate to play the "It's a video game" card but...

 

It'd be a pretty boring game if all you had to do was just call in more backup and sit at a stand still for multiple days until the whole place goes up in flames.

 

I understand that I was replying to the 'this is a more believable story comment' 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I have not seen anything that makes me think it's anything but another FarCry

 

I.e the start of the game is fun, after about 10 hours you have all the good guns and it turns into a grindfest of collectibles and repeating the same shit over and over. By the end your begging for it to be over. This is how I found FC3/4 and Primal anyway.

 

Hopefully they have changed up the formula somehow because I will skip it if it's the same old same old.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.