How bad is this? Wanting to join a late party

So I finally..I played teaser demo and I really liked what I saw and wanted to play hole game. Problem is I'm really really really bad playing horror games heck I have problems sometimes playing games like fallout because I'm too scared. I don't want to watch any walkthroughs or gameplay cause I dont want spoilers but can anybody say what type of horror game is this like it's there lots of combat, sneaking, running etc.

Thanks

I'm more or less the same and i'm not ashamed but i did finish this game twice with someone so i can perhaps calm you on this matter. The combat is less to ones of the past i played but there is still decent amount of that, there are a lot of jumpscares, but in a slighter tone i think and they seem to slowly stop while progressing. You have some options to play this game; sneak behind lesser enemies unless they are required by the story or are a boss to avoid them or run past them completely (if you can that is) or if playing on an easier difficulty: kill everything on sight to prevent needless jumpscares when going through the story, the choice is yours of course.

There are puzzles in this game as well and some need thinking, in the end it's not too scary if you don't play it while having the lights off and/or have someone with you in case you get frightened. Best of luck.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

If you get scared at fallout I definitely wouldn't play this.  It's dark, it's tense, there are jump scares, it's first person. If you are scared by a game that isn't even made to be scary then you won't get on with this so I'd recommend avoid. 

13 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

I definitely recommend you avoid this game. There's a decent amount of jump scares and a lot of intense moments where you're being chased by unkillable enemies. 

Thanks but I don't want to avoid something because I'll get fucking scared. I have played games like amnesia and even if it's something I never want to do again I liked my time with it. I just wanted to know what I'm putting myself into so I could ease a lttle bit of fearstress. Like when I played condemned I didn't do any research and that got me a little bit traumatised.

2 hours ago, untuvakana said:

Thanks but I don't want to avoid something because I'll get fucking scared. I have played games like amnesia and even if it's something I never want to do again I liked my time with it. I just wanted to know what I'm putting myself into so I could ease a lttle bit of fearstress. Like when I played condemned I didn't do any research and that got me a little bit traumatised.

In that case just prepare yourself when going into any new rooms. If you're playing on easy there's enough resources to kill every enemy, if not then a lot of them can be ran around. Maybe turn the brightness up higher than it suggests too. And enjoy, because it's a fantastic game. 

• Like 1

I started this game with a good headset on. Man that really makes all the difference, you can hear the nothingness when it is completely silent (just the character's breathing) but every single sound will make you jumpy. The beginning of the game especially is very scary, but as you get the layout of the mansion and stuff it gets way less scarier, the beginning is probably the most scared i've been playing a game ever (not a horror gamer, have only played a couple) but maybe that was because i was playing it with headphones on, at 11 at night, completely alone at my house with all lights turned off.

BTW i haven't finished, I'm at what i think should really close to the end, will update to reflect my thoughts about how scary or not scary the ending was.

Edited by linkdevivo

14 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

I started this game with a good headset on. Man that really makes all the difference, you can hear the nothingness when it is completely silent (just the character's breathing) but every single sound will make you jumpy. The beginning of the game especially is very scary, but as you get the layout of the mansion and stuff it gets way less scarier, the beginning is probably the most scared i've been playing a game ever (not a horror gamer, have only played a couple) but maybe that was because i was playing it with headphones on, at 11 at night, completely alone at my house with all lights turned off.

BTW i haven't finished, I'm at what i think should really close to the end, will update to reflect my thoughts about how scary or not scary the ending was.

Yeah I played some horror games with good headphones and lights off and that's something I can't do even though it's better experience. I have to sit far from my monitor/tv and have every light on in my apartment if it's dark outside. If I have friends over and somebody else is playing then I have no problem with darkness and indvidual hedphones etc.

• 1 year later...

Just bought the game. Review scores are decent but its gamers opinions that I go off and this is enjoyed by the majority. 

You know a game is freaky when even in daylight it creeps you out. Though once I've done it all the fear with turn to rage with all those stressy dlc requirements for the 100%.