tips?

Stargazer2600

So i completed the story, Unlocked all aeons, defeated a few of the dark aeons and did things like the celestial weapons and getting all primers. Now it seems like the only thing left is grinding the full grids of all the characters (....yay) and defeating the rest of the aeons. Thing is the grinding is super boring since the fastest and most efficiant way is to do the tonberry thing and even after that i am told that dark yojimbo is damn near impossible as he is overly difficult.

Is there any tips or tricks that I am not aware of? more people have gotten the plat for the game than i expected from a game with this kind of grind and hidden difficulty so i must be missing something. any help would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So i completed the story, Unlocked all aeons, defeated a few of the dark aeons and did things like the celestial weapons and getting all primers. Now it seems like the only thing left is grinding the full grids of all the characters (....yay) and defeating the rest of the aeons. Thing is the grinding is super boring since the fastest and most efficiant way is to do the tonberry thing and even after that i am told that dark yojimbo is damn near impossible as he is overly difficult.

Is there any tips or tricks that I am not aware of? more people have gotten the plat for the game than i expected from a game with this kind of grind and hidden difficulty so i must be missing something. any help would be appreciated.

Okay so best method i found to do this is 

get a black weapon synthesise "Overdrive - AP , Triple AP , Break Damage Limit and Triple Overdrive" get at least half your party with this set up to begin with then every battle switch out the character make sure each one gets a hit on the enemy so they all get rewarded XP, (bare in mind you may want to cast hasteaga for this to get more turns and have at lesst one character with a weapon with First Strike) once done farm the either the monster arena Earth Eater or the Chimea if not go to the Omega Ruins to farm if you do not have much gil. You will gain loads of XP and sphere levels for this and gain spheres that you need for the luck nodes. This is a long grind it will help you greatly if you have the PS Vita version of the game too so you can cross save and continue on the go to make it go faster if you do not have acccess to your PS4/3 at certain times.

Hope this helps 

The best tip I can offer is to watch TV or something while you grind lol.

Ignore the luck stat all together, it's the worst one to grind. Also don't bother with clear spheres. Those things are only really needed if you're going for perfect stats or want to beat the aeons without zanmato.

Just fill in all the blank spots with enough to get to 255 in the other stats then fill in whatever is left with whatever sphere is easiest for you to farm.

As for Yojimbo, don't bother trying to Zanmato him, since you have to beat him 5 times back to back and trying to do that with Zanmato is a nightmare. The biggest problem with fighting Yojimbo is it's hard to hit him, this is where people recommend the luck stat. But you can get around this by using doublecast of your strongest spell since spells don't miss. This is where you'll need your 255 stats. If it wasn't for this you could just fill the sphere grid with w/e.

Getting 3 characters strong enough to fight Yojimbo isn't even the worst part of the grind. Filling the entire grid with everyone, grinding Tonberry, is the real tedious part.

Edit : of course, it should go without saying that auto Phoenix / auto haste are a must for Yojimbo. It's been awhile since I got the plat so sorry this is all so vague. Can't remember specifics.

Edited by KingGuy420

17 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

The best tip I can offer is to watch TV or something while you grind lol.

Ignore the luck stat all together, it's the worst one to grind. Also don't bother with clear spheres. Those things are only really needed if you're going for perfect stats or want to beat the aeons without zanmato.

Just fill in all the blank spots with enough to get to 255 in the other stats then fill in whatever is left with whatever sphere is easiest for you to farm.

As for Yojimbo, don't bother trying to Zanmato him, since you have to beat him 5 times back to back and trying to do that with Zanmato is a nightmare. The biggest problem with fighting Yojimbo is it's hard to hit him, this is where people recommend the luck stat. But you can get around this by using doublecast of your strongest spell since spells don't miss. This is where you'll need your 255 stats. If it wasn't for this you could just fill the sphere grid with w/e.

Getting 3 characters strong enough to fight Yojimbo isn't even the worst part of the grind. Filling the entire grid with everyone, grinding Tonberry, is the real tedious part.

Edit : of course, it should go without saying that auto Phoenix / auto haste are a must for Yojimbo. It's been awhile since I got the plat so sorry this is all so vague. Can't remember specifics.

when you say back to back do you mean without a break or can you save and such in between but not leave the area

2 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

when you say back to back do you mean without a break or can you save and such in between but not leave the area

Back to back, no saves or nothing. You get a break in between to heal but that's about it.

BTW I remembered something else. The first 3 characters you max, make sure they have multi hitting overdrives like Wakka or Tidus. Those OD's do big damage.

Edited by KingGuy420

3 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

jesus christ...

He's really not that bad with 255 stats. Just have auto phoenix / haste and have one character dedicate to casting auto life for when he wipes the party, while the other two doublecast flare or ultima.

I actually found him pretty easy, he gives you plenty of time to keep everyone alive.

I tried for days to Zanmato him with about 30 failures. Got him first try when I did this method.

5 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

He's really not that bad with 255 stats. Just have auto phoenix / haste and have one character dedicate to casting auto life for when he wipes the party, while the other two doublecast flare or ultima.

I actually found him pretty easy, he gives you plenty of time to keep everyone alive.

I tried for days to Zanmato him with about 30 failures. Got him first try when I did this method.

thing thats confusing is like everyone says things like

you need auto phoenis, first hit and all this stuff but then people are like no you need limit break and triple AP and all this and im sitting here like

dude, i only have so many slots and i cant switch s**t out

last thing i wanna do is put the wrong stuff in and have to start over. hell for all i know i did that already

You need to fill the sphere grid for all characters anyways so I would invest in some luck while you're at it, although not necessarily all the way up to 255. I believe you only need like 110 to reliably hit most dark aeons, and even then you can just 1hit everything with zanmato (except yojimbo ofc). Once you fill the sphere grid for one character it's not as bad going for the rest since you only need the red spheres by then, and those are easy to come by aside from fortune spheres.

Also have you killed 10 of every enemy? You need to do that to unlock clear spheres which will be important in maxing your skills, and more importantly nemesis which you need for one of the trophies. I actually found this to be one of the most tedious things I did for the platinum.

Honestly the most difficult parts of the platinum come while you're earning and fully upgrading the celestial weapons since some of the requirements are extremely annoying. Since you got past that there shouldn't be any roadblocks now to the platinum besides your patience.

Edited by jaehyun1009

I just filled the grids by grinding out the spheres to max all stats. I used every character in every fight in the arena for this, and this alone gave me enough "xp" (I forgot what's it called in this game) to fill everyone's grid by the time I had all the spheres to max stat everyone. I know there's this overdrive to ap stuff, I didn't need it though. I just used every character in every arena fight. And with max stats, I don't remember having any problems with any of aeons.

30 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

thing thats confusing is like everyone says things like

you need auto phoenis, first hit and all this stuff but then people are like no you need limit break and triple AP and all this and im sitting here like

dude, i only have so many slots and i cant switch s**t out

last thing i wanna do is put the wrong stuff in and have to start over. hell for all i know i did that already

Well, for your weapon, you should have the celestials. I don't know why anyone would even mention weapon skills. Especially triple AP, that should be on your leveling gear but you should never go out of your way to put it on main gear lol.

As for things like auto haste / phoenix, I wouldn't even say they're required, they just make life a whole lot easier. Same with auto protect / shell / ribbon. They make things easier but far from forced.

I always went celestial for my weapon, auto haste / phoenix / protect / shell for my armor, but that stuffs really up to you. 255 stats is all I'd say you "need".

Edited by KingGuy420

I didn't bother using zanmato either. It's a massive grind but it's pretty mindless, you don't have to pay much attention. Like you said do the tonberry method to fill the sphere grid. Once you can beat one eye consistently you can get all the cash you need by selling his drops. Use the money to fight earth eater for fortune spheres to boost your luck, I think I got mine to about 130 that was enough to hit dark yojimbo.

Use celestial weapons and armor with auto haste. You need chocobo wings for this and the easiest way is to bribe machea in the omega ruins. You get 60 a time for 360,000 Gil so it's expensive but you'll have the cash for selling one eye drops. You don't really need anything else as you won't be getting hit. Once you are done your party can basically hit for 99999 damage every hit and be so quick dark yojimbo can rarely get a turn in. If he ever does, sacrifice an aeon. The first battle he always ambushes you so have auron in your party to negate this, swap in yuna and summon. You can heal your aeons at save spheres between battles

Failing that, train yojimbo to zanmato consistently and you are golden. I was never able to get him to do it 5 times in a row but it's definitely doable

Edited by Cleggworth

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Well, for your weapon, you should have the celestials. I don't know why anyone would even mention weapon skills. Especially triple AP, that should be on your leveling gear but you should never go out of your way to put it on main gear lol.

As for things like auto haste / phoenix, I wouldn't even say they're required, they just make life a whole lot easier. Same with auto protect / shell / ribbon. They make things easier but far from forced.

I always went celestial for my weapon, auto haste / phoenix / protect / shell for my armor, but that stuffs really up to you.

Ribbon should be on Tidus or a character he plans on using often. Unless he enjoys grinding and by going from his OP he does not, then grinding another x99 Dark Matter is not worth it. Once is enough. He will get x99 from the monster arena, along with a few other things, but not enough to give a set to everyone. 

As for passives, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoniex are a must. Auto-Shell is okay, but with a maxed out Magic Defense at 255, it isn't really worth it. I replaced Auto-Shell with Stone Proof, but that is me.