June 2017 flash sale (NA)

ShadowStar83x

On 6/23/2017 at 7:37 PM, Spaz said:

Maybe this will stop trophy hunters here from having 200 - 300+ games on their backlogs.

You guys are fucking insane for having that many games on your backlog, playing through them all will take years of dedication.

so many meh sales for me this year, which is a good thing cause the last few years there were to many games i bought from sales. this year it seems like i'm able to clear some of the games i want without adding games a hefty amount every month. i'm starting to finally get more careful with purchases which is a problem i've had for a few years, and most of it is thanks to viewing how depressing most sales look to me. the only sale i really liked this year was golden week, and there have been maybe a few times i've picked up other games on earlier months from random sales. but not an extraordinary where its overwhelming like past years. and i've been learning that i'm not going to like all these games i'd pick up just from hype lol. just hope i keep my behavior under control when i get a ps4 somehow, or i'll be screwing myself up all over again. :c

On 6/23/2017 at 6:05 PM, DamagingRob said:

Lol. No, no it won't. There are always deals to be had somewhere. And when you try to complete every single game, it only exacerbates the situation. :/ I buy games far faster than I play through them, and that will likely never change.. With a Plus subscription, constant sales, and new game releases, there's just no winning the battle. It would be 1,000 times worse if I actually had a job. Less time to play, and I'd have more money to spend.

That's me right now. I have a job which changes it's schedule constantly so I often have periods where I don't play much, and periods where I play a lot more.

I have around 92 - 95 games on my backlog and that's more than enough for me. Titles like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V among others will take up several hundred hours of gameplay. Then of course you may have games you can't fully complete because the online servers are dead or the games are far too difficult.

We never had this problem as kids because parents had to buy the games for us. Even if you were an adult back in the 1980s - 1990s and even the early 2000s you didn't have the Flash sales you do today.

I was happy enough to have just 5 - 10 games each on my Sega Genesis, SNES, NES and N64 consoles. Buying a new game wasn't cheap given that I only had an allowance at the time. I had to go to Blockbuster or some other video rental store for trying out new games. Which was completely fine, I was grateful to even get to try out a new game since I was poor growing up.

It concerns me when people have several hundred games on their backlogs. At that point there's just no way you're going to play all of them. I have a lot on my backlog but playing all of them at some point or another is very doable even if Playstation Store takes a nosedive. I can't win the battle either, but at least I know my limit.

If I didn't know my limit I'd be 250 - 300+ games deep. That's a lot of money spent on those games even if you only spent a few bucks on each of them, and it would hurt me to waste all that money since I would likely never get around to playing each and every one of those games.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

It concerns me when people have several hundred games on their backlogs. At that point there's just no way you're going to play all of them. I have a lot on my backlog but playing all of them at some point or another is very doable even if Playstation Store takes a nosedive. I can't win the battle either, but at least I know my limit.

If I didn't know my limit I'd be 250 - 300+ games deep. That's a lot of money spent on those games even if you only spent a few bucks on each of them, and it would hurt me to waste all that money since I would likely never get around to playing each and every one of those games.

Well, it's good you've got a handle on things. But I really don't think I'm going to care if I've played every single game I've bought, when I take my last breath. As long as you're staying within your budget, I don't see a problem with buying more games. Gives me more options to choose from, when I don't feel like playing some things. 

People waste money on all kinds of things, they could probably live without. Expensive shoes, designer clothes, eating at a fancy restaurant, seeing a movie, etc. Why make the money, if you're not going to spend any of it? And when you're buying games on the cheap, instead of these $100+ collector's editions(which is another unnecessary luxury IMO), it pales in comparison to some of these things. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, it's good you've got a handle on things. But I really don't think I'm going to care if I've played every single game I've bought, when I take my last breath. As long as you're staying within your budget, I don't see a problem with buying more games. Gives me more options to choose from, when I don't feel like playing some things. 

People waste money on all kinds of things, they could probably live without. Expensive shoes, designer clothes, eating at a fancy restaurant, seeing a movie, etc. Why make the money, if you're not going to spend any of it? And when you're buying games on the cheap, instead of these $100+ collector's editions(which is another unnecessary luxury IMO), it pales in comparison to some of these things. 

Truth has been spilled. 

Those sales are always a guilty pleasure, I currently have 5 games ready to play from 2 previous sales but I'm always eager for the next one. 

Matter of fact, there will always be a moment throughout the year that a drought will emerge, so it's good to have a variety of games to choose from and keep yourself entertained.

Like Rob said, if is within your budget, spend those bucks in greatness, it will ultimately increase your plat count, so why the hell not. 

I'm going to get amnesia collection and re 5 PS4, that game was my first plat 8 years ago, so I'll give the honor of being my milestone 10,000 :D

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 11:36 AM, ShadowStar83x said:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/23/june-2017-psn-flash-sale-live-heres-deals/#/slide/1

Not the worst one I've seen, but nothing to write home about, either.

Wow. I even went on PSN on Sunday, and didn't notice this at all. So, yeah, nothing to write home about.