How hard is this game?

It's not overly difficult but requires some patience. I thought it was pretty addicting. The game is hard to explain but basically you go from point A to B while killing enemies and collecting treasures. You need to kill every enemy and collect every treasure to unlock the bonuses/costumes.

Your agent gets progressively stronger during your easy run and getting 100% isn't too difficult. You get unlimited lives but your progress is saved by going through doors. If you kill a certain amount of enemies and die, you lose that progress. However, if you kill some enemies and go through the door and back in, your progress is saved. This helps immensely on hard mode.

Speaking of hard mode, your agent loses his bonuses and you need to get them again. You get a second agent which is kind of like a Chun-Li version and she is immune to damage when kicking/punching and is super fast. She has zero range unfortunately but I was able to beat all stages with her once I good a good handle of her strengths. (Killing the flying robots can be brutal)

Hard mode is where the games gets to be a pain in the ass. You can either upgrade your agent again or use the second agent. The game is "easy" in the sense that you get unlimited lives and can upgrade yourself, but there are some controller/hair pulling moments for sure. Sometimes the bad guys will end up in lava so you either need to go back through the door or try and try and use your bullets/kicks to get them.

I would say this is a 4/10 maybe a 5/10 in terms of difficulty. It's worth the price, not worth the annoyance. I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't play it again if you paid me :)

For those who did it, I thought chapter 4 on hard mode was awful with the second agent since there is only one door to save your progress in.

Edited by Thunder_At_Home
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Thunder_At_Home said:

It's not overly difficult but requires some patience. I thought it was pretty addicting. The game is hard to explain but basically you go from point A to B while killing enemies and collecting treasures. You need to kill every enemy and collect every treasure to unlock the bonuses/costumes.

Your agent gets progressively stronger during your easy run and getting 100% isn't too difficult. You get unlimited lives but your progress is saved by going through doors. If you kill a certain amount of enemies and die, you lose that progress. However, if you kill some enemies and go through the door and back in, your progress is saved. This helps immensely on hard mode.

Speaking of hard mode, your agent loses his bonuses and you need to get them again. You get a second agent which is kind of like a Chun-Li version and she is immune to damage when kicking/punching and is super fast. She has zero range unfortunately but I was able to beat all stages with her once I good a good handle of her strengths. (Killing the flying robots can be brutal)

Hard mode is where the games gets to be a pain in the ass. You can either upgrade your agent again or use the second agent. The game is "easy" in the sense that you get unlimited lives and can upgrade yourself, but there are some controller/hair pulling moments for sure. Sometimes the bad guys will end up in lava so you either need to go back through the door or try and try and use your bullets/kicks to get them.

I would say this is a 4/10 maybe a 5/10 in terms of difficulty. It's worth the price, not worth the annoyance. I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't play it again if you paid me :)

For those who did it, I thought chapter 4 on hard mode was awful with the second agent since there is only one door to save your progress in.

I'll definately check it out if that's the case, thanks :)

Normal Mode is harder than Hard Mode. The gun character was fine up until the the 3rd and 4th bosses. 

Completing Normal Mode gives you such a CHEAP character. I can spam immune attacks with the melee character.

Platted the Vita version, probably going to have a much easier time with the PS4 version due to learning boss patterns.

3-6 hour enjoyable platinum with 2 trophy lists. Cross Buy. 3 Dollars..

Edited by Kishnabe

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips for the melee character? I can breeze through the first two stages and first boss with the shooter, but the second boss's minions are annoying bullet sponges and it frustrates me to no end. I tried the melee character and can't even clear a single screen without dying! Your punches pull you forward and you contact enemies and hazards, but they take forever to kill and you're constantly losing life anyway. How do I avoid this? Is it all in timing and with a lot of jumping?

I had genuine fun playing through on normal 100%ing everything for the heck of it, but I don't think I'm patient enough to finish on hard at this rate.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 9:35 AM, irishcab said:

I found the second boss to be extremely difficult as well.  Still working on beat it.

HA! I'm sure this has already been settled, but the second boss was impossible for me because I didn't have all the available power ups. Missing TWO damage enhancers made it impossible to kill to kill off the butterfly/bug things.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, I think this is the hardest common plat you'll ever play. The levels are short, so you can always brute force it, but it's still not a joke. If you couldn't go back and forth between doors to quicksave your progress, this would probably be an ultra-rare plat. 

You'll die a lot.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

On "Normal" - The game actually gets easier the further you get especially if you collect all the gun upgrades in every level along the way.

On "Hard" - The game makes it near impossible to get pass the 2nd boss using the main character (Blasting Agent) and pretty much forces you to use the melee attack based character (Sting) that you unlock after the first playthrough of the game. Once you start completing levels with Sting, it becomes virtually impossible to beat the game without him due to needing to get the gun upgrades missed in previous levels for Blasting Agent. On average, enemies take between 5 to 6 hits to kill and tend to be much faster and stronger than your character. Sting makes things more manageable because he cannot be damaged as long as you continue to mash the attack button for non-stop combos and this tends to make short work of most of the game's bosses. The main problematic area in Hard mode is Level 4 - both the level and the boss. It is very easy to go flying off the screen from one of Stings jump attacks due to there being no means of interrupting it; there being only one door at the very top of the first area to go through in order to save your kill/collection progress; and the boss requiring a very specific and long winded strategy to defeat (attack the right hand wall repeatedly to avoid damage and wait to attack the boss quickly every time it falls).

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally don't recommend this game.

Hard Mode is complete bullshit. Your 'blasting agent' is basically useless, so you must rely on Sting, who is a Kung Fu fighter of sorts. You basically just mash the attack button throughout all six levels. You have to use doors as checkpoints, they are absolutely mandatory on Hard Mode.

The fourth level is a pile of crap. There is only one door that serves as a checkpoint, and enemies like to fall off the screen forcing you to use the door so they will respawn at their original location. The eye boss is essentially several minutes of mashing that attack button so you won't take damage, then you try to chip away at its health. Poor game design. The game was alright on Normal Mode, but Hard Mode completely sucked the fun out for me.

Worth it for the bargain bin price. Not worth it for Hard Mode's shitty design and sheer annoyance. @Thunder_At_Home said it best.

• 3 months later...

the inaccuracy of diagonal kicks with the fighter girl is terrible... it took me 40 minutes to kill the two flying robots at the end of level 3 (hard) and also the second boss form was an absolute disgrace to depend on those kicks. just 3 more levels to finish it, the first run was great and I loved the soundtrack, now though...