Psnprofile moderators edit your posts

Hi! Can you please explain is it legal for moderators of this forum to edit our posts? Your post is your intellectual property. Is it allowed to change the content of your post without your permission? In other  forums which i know moderators only delete posts which violate forum rules.

I asked Psnprofiles owner about activities of his moderators but he ignored my private message.

May be he ll answer now in public

6 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

There's no content policy on the site so you could probably sue them if you felt like it. It might not be so successful though.

Yeah, i suspect the first piece of evidence that was cited by the defence would be that post you made specifically stating your granting permission for them to edit your posts.

you might not remember posting it, but, y'know, here it is in black and white... ;)

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah, i suspect the first piece of evidence that was cited by the defence would be that post you made specifically stating your granting permission for them to edit your posts.

you might not remember posting it, but, y'know, here it is in black and white... ;)

Is this situation really fuuny for everybody?

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You know, I didn't believe you at first, but it's there! And what's that under it? Edited by... who is that? That's not my username?

Illegal? It's a fucking internet forum dude. On top of that, I'm sure there's some stupid term and condition you agreed to that says they can anyways.

Besides, it's not like it's worth anything, see the first part, it's a fucking internet forum. It's not the be all end all, and if the history of many other trophy sites is anything to go off, the whole bloody site could be gone before you know it. 

I've had a few posts edited here and there, but there was always a reason and it was put in there. Back when the Switch launched, I said to one dude on here he could have my account deets to try out this game I had that he was interested in, since I only had the one game I wasn't too fussed about losing my account if he decided to be an asshole. Anyway, it's against rules to gameshare apparently so it was edited out, and it said who edited it, what happened, and why.

Also had the odd one deleted too, but that happens. I often post irrelevant or rude shit. Know why? See the first part

It's a fucking internet forum dude, who cares?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Is this situation really fuuny for everybody?

Not really, just pointing out the futility of the fight. Any dispute with the people who can change any aspect of the site, disappear what they want, ban who they want and edit what they want, is fruitless. In the end, what happens here isn't life or death man - frustration is one thing, but in the end, its a privately owned site, and user do so by the owners / moderators discretion. 

Not sure what has you pissed off, but we've all been there at some point. Come the following morning, it never seems quite so irksome. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

@OP  Well, the forum says you have 5 posts, of which I see 5 on this thread itself. Would you care to enlighten us with what you had posted on and what the subject matter was?

6 minutes ago, IoIly said:

But i dont post rude shit

I'd say you're off to quite the start with being oh so polite. 

Just now, TristanBrown17 said:

@OP  Well, the forum says you have 5 posts, of which I see 5 on this thread itself. Would you care to enlighten us with what you had posted on and what the subject matter was?

I'd say you're off to quite the start with being oh so polite. 

My main account was suspended for having conversation with moderator about editing my post

Sorry my English

2 minutes ago, IoIly said:

My main account was suspended for having conversation with moderator about editing my post

Sorry my English

Still doesn't quite answer the question. What were you posting about and what about it was edited? You know it's not fair to present a problem without giving explanation. 

Just now, grimydawg said:

The mods wouldn't edit your posts unless you said something stupid and/or inappropriate.  The mods have had to edit my posts because snitches being mad about me calling them out or calling disputers morons, but that's about it.

If the mods delete your posts when you said "something stupid and/or inappropriate" it is ok. Delete and edit are different things

What is the matter which post is edited? Everyday they edit posts

9 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

Still doesn't quite answer the question. What were you posting about and what about it was edited? You know it's not fair to present a problem without giving explanation. 

What is the matter which post is edited? Everyday they edit posts

Is this a joke?  The servers belong (either directly or via hosting agreement) to Sly.  He's giving you permission to add/edit data stored on his server.  Of course he, or the staff he appoints, are allowed to change it.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

Is this a joke?  The servers belong (either directly or via hosting agreement) to Sly.  He's giving you permission to add/edit data stored on his server.  Of course he, or the staff he appoints, are allowed to change it.

Naw, this is serious bruh