I can't convert my console peasant friend.

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Like others have said, calling them your "furry friend" and "console peasant" isn't helping you in any way, especially with this site catering to PlayStation users, you also come off as very elitist and arrogant in the OP, yet another thing that isn't helping your argument. It's also rather hypocritical to call them out for not wanting to buy a gaming PC and then you go off and say you're not willing to pay for PS+. I also think there is no need to "convert" them, if they prefer console gaming, let them. I don't think anyone takes that "console peasant" and "PC master race" stuff seriously these days anyway, which again hurts your argument.

I know not all PC gamers are like this as well, I play Final Fantasy XIV on PS4, and quite a few (almost all, actually) of the members of my Free Company (basically a guild) play on PC, and not once have they ever tried to get me to play it on PC instead, well, except for one former member, but she had an extremely elitist personality and was eventually kicked from the Company for her behaviour.

I dunno - maybe this is simply a troll question posted here, on a Playstation trophy tracking site, just for the lulz, maybe not - but anyways what I think about this is irrelevant and not necessarily true.

Now, with all due respect, how would you feel if you had a friend who tried to convert you to play on PC, and you told them that you don't want to, but they wouldn't let up? Kinda annoying, right? You've said that maybe PC gaming isn't for everyone, so no need to go further - there you have your answer. Not everybody likes the same things you like, and the opposite. If your friend wanted to play on PC, be certain that they would already do that on their own, and since you do play on PC, they would ask you for advice on how to build it etc.There's so many wrong stuff with the OP ranging from ''my console peasant furry friend'' to ''I refuse to pay 50$ per year for PS+ but I have no problem spending tons of money for a gaming PC'' (which will only stay relevant for 2-4 years), I don't know from where to start. Always act to people they way you would want them to act to you and respect their views and opinions, without compromising your own ones of course.

Edited by XShadowNebula01

If this person didn't already have so many posts here then I'd have been sure this was bait. It has all the signs: unnecessary invocation of "furries", using console peasant on a console forum, an impossibly oblivious OP. Seriously how can you not want to shell out for PS+ but see no inconsistency in asking your friend to get a gaming PC?

18 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

No, no we can't :P

Damn ;(

5 hours ago, SaltyCatRemi said:

Na, I can't get along with people who think they are better because of what they game on.

I didn't mean it like that T.T People can be arrogant but a game is still a game no matter how you slice it right?

• Like 1

As you say, "PC gaming isn't for everyone", so why even try if you already know your friend isn't interested? As a "console peasant" myself, I have many reasons for preferring console over PC, but the biggest of all is... it's just a preference, like how I like some foods more than others.

(also, the more I hear "PC master race" the lower opinion I get of the PC gaming community tbh. Not only does it sound really arrogant, but unfortunate associations much?)

• Like 3

As a "console peasant" who's friends & boyfriend all play on PC and who works for a computer/PC building retailer, I understand the advantages of PC gaming and why people play on PC but I still simply prefer playing console. I don't drag my friends or coworkers for dropping twice, if not three times as much on a PC than I do on a console. If you were a decent friend you wouldn't care what they played on. I can talk about Overwatch, Far Cry, Minecraft, Fallout & tonnes of other games with my PC friends and they don't give a fuck what I play on, they just appreciate that we have another thing in common: video games.

• Like 1

ogVdeXc.jpg

I'm a console peasant with a £800 gaming PC, work that one out :)

On 02/07/2017 at 10:53 PM, xKrAzY_8sx said:

Can this get deleted? It's people who constantly think about this or that being the "elite" way to game that ruin gaming more than anyone else. It needs to stop.

Naw, posts like these are hilarious :D

Edited by Combatting

On ٢‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 2:15 AM, angelgrievous said:

WTF is a furry friend?  

supposed to be a fictional animal to human-like creature, could be a catgir wearing a school girl dress or a cute foxboy at the size of a person or whatever rock your boat.... :|

never saw one in real life, i'm sure that all my friends are human.....