Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

3 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

A scrip leak is something the large majority will avoid but all the episodes being legally and easily available is not. There is huge excitement around weekly episodes and that's shared by many, many people and you simply won't have that when it's all released at once.

I actually think that GOT is a very good binge show but something huge will be lost if they follow the digital distributor model of putting it all out at once.

do you know how many people have been spoiled already in comment sections because of the leaked episode? it's crazy man. if you feel there's something magical about waiting every week, that's on you. the show won't diminish in quality if the release format changes, only your subjective perception perhaps. maybe HBO should actually poll the matter because i'm interested how everyone would feel

13 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Well,final season's script is also leaked so try to show patience for a whole year....:devil:

12 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

holy shit, are you serious man ? did they even write it ? ?

okay... WUT? WUT? do you have this script?????
Did u read it?
sweet baby jesus...

?

Edited by BG_painter

1 hour ago, Bubblyfishes said:

do you know how many people have been spoiled already in comment sections because of the leaked episode? it's crazy man. if you feel there's something magical about waiting every week, that's on you. the show won't diminish in quality if the release format changes, only your subjective perception perhaps. maybe HBO should actually poll the matter because i'm interested how everyone would feel

Do you know how many people watch this show? however big the group of people that got spoiled is; they're still a complete monumental minority in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not arguing for it because it makes my viewership more enjoyable - again I enjoy binging; but objectively speaking the show wouldn't be as big as it is now without the collective group experience which the format provides. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Do you know how many people watch this show? however big the group of people that got spoiled is; they're still a complete monumental minority in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not arguing for it because it makes my viewership more enjoyable - again I enjoy binging; but objectively speaking the show wouldn't be as big as it is now without the collective group experience which the format provides. 

by that logic, i'd argue that the validity of a full season accessiblity system is even more warranted. if it's available, it'll be watched. the spoiled people will always be a minority because the demand is incredibly high.

the collective group experience you speak of would, imho, still exist. perhaps slightly less because of the lack of waiting, but i wouldn't expect a lowered fanbase or anything of the likes. i understand your point, but i strongly have to disagree with your notion about it not being as big, should it have a different system. the netflix shows have an incredible following & success, and shows like Fargo, Stranger Things, Bloodline etc. usually have crazy cliffhangers and theories. the reason for GoT's bigger success is mostly the shock value, expecting virtually anything and nothing at the same time, the strong demand for fantasy, the crazy production value, the politics, etc. there's something for everyone to enjoy. whereas a lot of shows usually stick to one genre that won't appeal to people who dislike said genre.

however i think it's an interesting topic to discuss and i definitely see the pros and cons of both perspectives. but it's 4 AM now, i'll get back to this when my eyes aren't closing while typing haha

Thoughts on the episode. 

Lot more than 7 people now. xD
Clegane gives no fucks for whinging lmfao.
Seeing all of that snow is pissing me off because I know it's coming in the next few months. :angry:
Jorah earning that respect. T^T
I think Sansa has it backwards. She never would have survived Arya's journey. 
Clegane and Tormund's back and forth lmfao.
Great big monster babies hahahahaha.
Dany confirmed size queen lol.
After all of that...the Zombear was felled by a dagger? Was it made of Valyrian steel?
So Jon seriously didn't send a letter to Sansa that he was going north of the wall? 
1 of the dead just so happens to survive. -_-
Guess Brienne doesn't have a teleportation device.
Well now we know whether or not the dragon's are ok in the cold.
How the fucking hell did she get there so fast? Hypersonic dragons? The writers are being so ridiculous with time it's appalling.
Surprised she didn't tell Jon to bend the knee or else he can't get on the dragon lol.
I'm only not annoyed with the dragon being taken down because of the supernatural force behind it.
I kinda figured whatever magic is behind the night king and his army would be more than enough to take out a dragon.
Jon overstayed during the fight. Possible reason 1 of the dragons died.
I knew Benjen would appear at some point. 
Dany is falling for Jon lmfao.
Loved Arya taunting Sansa.
ZOMBIE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!! (tbh it should have been expected)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Thoughts on the episode. 

Hide contents

Lot more than 7 people now. xD
Clegane gives no fucks for whinging lmfao.
Seeing all of that snow is pissing me off because I know it's coming in the next few months. :angry:
Jorah earning that respect. T^T
I think Sansa has it backwards. She never would have survived Arya's journey. 
Clegane and Tormund's back and forth lmfao.
Great big monster babies hahahahaha.
Dany confirmed size queen lol.
After all of that...the Zombear was felled by a dagger? Was it made of Valyrian steel?
So Jon seriously didn't send a letter to Sansa that he was going north of the wall? 
1 of the dead just so happens to survive. -_-
Guess Brienne doesn't have a teleportation device.
Well now we know whether or not the dragon's are ok in the cold.
How the fucking hell did she get there so fast? Hypersonic dragons? The writers are being so ridiculous with time it's appalling.
Surprised she didn't tell Jon to bend the knee or else he can't get on the dragon lol.
I'm only not annoyed with the dragon being taken down because of the supernatural force behind it.
I kinda figured whatever magic is behind the night king and his army would be more than enough to take out a dragon.
I knew Benjen would appear at some point. 
Dany is falling for Jon lmfao.
Loved Arya taunting Sansa.
ZOMBIE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!! (tbh it should have been expected)

you had my hubby "lmao" with that ?

The session is polier free now ppl.
My review of the episode: Fuck the night king. Fin.

Edit: now that i am thinking of it: it was not clear but i think Vyserion is the dragon that died. Jon Targaryen will ride Raeghal the dragon that has his dad's name. But i am still sad/pissed/goddamit. I h8ed Arya/Sansa thing. Grow up and gimme a break. What's next? They will start twitter war? :P

QUESTION: ZOmbie dragon spits fire or ice? ?

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

and what about Bran? He is going to sit his ass on the tree watch his sisters fight and don't do shit about it? Jesus...

This season quite honestly is a hot mess. Just really bad handling of events.

Where the fuck is Theon? Grey Worm? Melisandre's crazy ass? Euron, and therefore, Yara? 

Is Benjen gone for good?

We ever going to see the end of the Ellaria/Tyene scene?

Whole episode went by. Sam could be anywhere on the entire planet housing the GoT universe. FFS he could even be drinking tea with the Lord of Light!!!

• Like 2

Beyond the Wall features some of the best lines and action ever on GoT. Such a monumental episode where Fire finally meets Ice and Jon sort of bends the knee ?. Not Dany then, how about my Queen ?.

Finally RIP Viserion ?. Such a gut wrenching moment, you'll be missed.

main-qimg-008b7c24018e80e665bfad2d49876fe1-c

Edited by StarFang7
  • Like 1

The banter was very, very well written. Some of the best writing since season 4.

But the ending with Jon and Dany pissed me off since it goes against the bloody principle of being KITN. You gain an army, you lose an army and LF/Sansa can make the perfect power play. If the northern lords just accept this i'll be flabbergasted.

and benjen was useless. seriously.

• Like 1

I like this thread as people respect the no spoiler rule. Never forget the day I was watching E3 and some dick put out "JON SNOW DIES!!!!!" to the brothers

Onto the episode. Watched the early leak and it was awesome. Was a great ep. My ass almost went out the window when Tormund was almost taken out. 

Honestly thought one of the main cast would die there.

The distance in this season has seemed to vanish. People get to places in the next scene when it takes around a month or so to get to these places. But I do understand they need to do this as it would be boring to see them travel for a few eps.

I was chuffed that my prediction that I made a few seasons back (after the night king brought back the army) happened. I said to people "imagine if the night king 1 shot a dragon with his sword or spear and then he brings it back as part of his army". So much blood though from it. Was an insane moment to see it fall and crash into the ice.

The UK show will be on tonight at 9pm and I'll probably watch it again (for the 3rd time). Still don't know if it topped Battle of the Bastards though. It's equal to it or just slightly over

Edited by Kazeh54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

The banter was very, very well written. Some of the best writing since season 4.

But the ending with Jon and Dany pissed me off since it goes against the bloody principle of being KITN. You gain an army, you lose an army and LF/Sansa can make the perfect power play. If the northern lords just accept this i'll be flabbergasted.

and benjen was useless. seriously.

Just one of the reasons why I think Jon Snow is a poor leader. He makes for an excellent soldier but when it comes to leadership, he is sorely lacking. It is one of the reasons why I think he shouldn't sit on the Iron Throne. Think about what this means for the North:

• In GoT, the entire storyarc for the North is that the Northern Lords want their independence from the other Six Kingdoms. It is why they proclaimed Robb Stark King of the North at the end of the first season. Their fight from that point onwards right up until the Red Wedding was for their independence. Although they suffered defeat at the Red Wedding, as soon as the Battle of the Bastards was over and the Starks were reinstated in Winterfell, they proclaimed Jon Snow King of the North. The North is begging for it's independence and would rather instill a bastard child as their king than continue having rulers from the South.Yet, in the space of one season, Jon Snow gave up that fight simply because he wants to bone Dany. You could make the argument that Dany proved that she cares about the kingdom by telling Jon she will fight with him against the Night King and his army, but there was no need for Jon to give up the North's independence. He already had Dany as an ally in the war.
  • Of course, his lack of leadership skills can even be pointed out as far back as when he was Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The decisions that he made resulted in him getting stabbed by several members of the Night's Watch.
  • Going back to the Battle of the Bastards, Jon would have lost that battle if it wasn't for Sansa. He made the decision to go to war with the Boltons knowing full well that he had less men. Even Sansa argued that it was a losing battle but Jon was having none of it. If it wasn't for the timely arrival of the Vale, Jon, the Mormonts, the Wildlings and quite a few other Houses would have all gotten wiped out.

It is probably a good thing that Jon effectively gave up his reign as King of the North in this episode. His military strategy would have spelt the end for the North. Saying that, I don't think any of the Starks would make a good choice as ruler of the North. Bran is the Three Eyed Raven, Arya is an assassin and Sansa, while the best choice out of the lot, is getting manipulated by Baelish far too much.

This still doesn't top Batte of the Bastards in terms of how well it was was directed.

I do have some plot holes with this episode though:

-Everyone mentions it, but how does Gendry run back to The Wall, send a raven out to reach Dragonstone, for Daenerys to get ready and fly all the way back in 1 day?!?1

-Why did the Night King throw the Javelin at Viserion who was flying in the air? Yes he hit it, but Drogon would have been an easier shot and would have stopped the heroes flying away, I would have directed it a lot different. I would have had him line up to go for Drogon, but Viserion starts flying down towards the Night King, and then the Night King kills him that way, but the way they actually did it seems rather odd.

-What on earth was Rhaegal doing the whole battle? Couldn't he just fucking swoop down behind the Night King and roast him that way?

-Where the hell did Benjen come from?

-Why did Jorah's tiny dagger kill the bear? Jon could have OHK the bear with Longclaw, surely?

Anyway, 9.5 from me.

• Like 1

Noooo does that mean the three headed dragon theory cant happen anymore :(

As much as i hated a viserion getting killed it was important for showing how powerful the knight king is and to give Dany a motive to fight.

The banter between clegane and Tormund was hilarious. The line with Gendry about there being no women and having to make do cracked me up. 

I wonder how long those walkers would have stood there if it wasn't for clegane throwing that rock. "dumb C**t"  :lol: 

The annoying thing is last week i saw a video entitled "viserion the ice dragon" at first i thought he was gonna breathe ice or something but was saddened to find out what it really meant. This is the first time im watching GOT on release date and i still get fucking spoilers. even minor spoilers still annoying.

Preview for the finale looks epic. We finally see the unsullied again. In before massive cliffhanger 

Hackers are threatening to leak the season finale so watch out for spoilers ;)

Edited by Gibbo_0113

10 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

The annoying thing is last week i saw a video entitled "viserion the ice dragon" at first i thought he was gonna breathe ice or something but was saddened to find out what it really meant. This is the first time im watching GOT on release date and i still get fucking spoilers. even minor spoilers still annoying.

I really hate people who post spoilers. The worst kind is when you are watching a random video on youtube/facebook and some asshat comments "Don't let this distract you from the fact that in the GoT season finale..." and then posts a major spoiler. I came across one of these posts from somebody who read the script leak (who the heck reads a script leak?!?) but thankfully managed to close the page before I got spoilt.

I have one week to go to avoid the spoilers. Hopefully I make it to the end. 1 like = 1 prayer

• Like 3

I have to say once again thank you for the people who had seen the episode prior to Sunday not posting spoilers (I avoided reading this thread like the plague until Sunday in case something wasn't in a spoiler box).  I have much respect for those people not ruining the episode for the people who haven't seen it yet.

11 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Thoughts on the episode. 

Hide contents

1. Lot more than 7 people now. xD

2. Great big monster babies hahahahaha.

3. After all of that...the Zombear was felled by a dagger? Was it made of Valyrian steel?

4.  1 of the dead just so happens to survive. -_-

5.  I knew Benjen would appear at some point. 

6.  I'm only not annoyed with the dragon being taken down because of the supernatural force behind it.

3 hours ago, Kazeh54 said:

I was chuffed that my prediction that I made a few seasons back (after the night king brought back the army) happened. I said to people "imagine if the night king 1 shot a dragon with his sword or spear and then he brings it back as part of his army". So much blood though from it. Was an insane moment to see it fall and crash into the ice.

1.  When Jon Snow and his Angels (really bad Charlie's Angels reference) were battling on that rock in the middle of the frozen lake there was a spot where Jon Snow reached the top of the rock and saw the White Walkers down below.  Then an extra falls down and gets killed.  I wondered where he came from because I swore that all the extras were killed (last one being killed moments before that scene happened).

2.  That line cracked me up and I'm so glad Tormund didn't die.

3.  I'm very confused about the White Walkers now (not just the bear).  I thought Valyrian steel killed all White Walkers in one swing.  It didn't seem that way at some points (yes, I'm aware not everyone in the posse has a Valyrian steel weapon).

4.  One survived for plot convenience.

5.  The writers had to tie off Benjen's story.

6.  That battle pissed me off.  From Dany arriving things could have went so much differently.  I'm completely aware that Dany had no idea that if you kill one of the generals a slew of White Walkers under their control will die; however, couldn't Jon - or ANYONE left for that matter - tell Dany to attack the generals/Night King with one of her dragons when she landed with Drogon?  Another thing, why did Jon not just hop on Drogon?  Was there any particular reason he had to go swinging his sword at White Walkers who were, at the time, few and far between?  Because of this stupid action, Viserion gets killed* by that magical ice spear (sure that could have happened anyway; nevertheless, I think if Dany was paying more attention to her children she could have commanded Viserion somehow to avoid the spear).  Then, instead of finishing off Jon, the Night King walks away (only to return later).  Why not just kill Jon?  I think Jon was quite foolish and completely ignorant, and this has further proved to me that Jon Snow is an incapable leader in times of war.

*Side note:  Where did the White Walkers get the chains?  Where were the giants?  Would it have been easier if they helped?

8 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This season quite honestly is a hot mess. Just really bad handling of events.

Where the fuck is Theon? Grey Worm? Melisandre's crazy ass? Euron, and therefore, Yara? 

Is Benjen gone for good?

We ever going to see the end of the Ellaria/Tyene scene?

Whole episode went by. Sam could be anywhere on the entire planet housing the GoT universe. FFS he could even be drinking tea with the Lord of Light!!!

I concur.  Sansa is the only one this episode who mentioned some form of time (how long Jon has been gone from Winterfell).  I feel for Melisandre her story for the moment has been tied up since she said she was going overseas.  I'm sure Benjen is not coming back (they had to tie his story up because as far as I can see he is pretty much useless now).  And as for Ellaria and Tyene we already know that Tyene is going to die as I'm sure Ellaria may die, too.  It kind of goes along with whatever happened to Unella (the "Shame!" woman)?  Did The Mountain "rip her in two"?

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just one of the reasons why I think Jon Snow is a poor leader. He makes for an excellent soldier but when it comes to leadership, he is sorely lacking. It is one of the reasons why I think he shouldn't sit on the Iron Throne. Think about what this means for the North:

• Of course, his lack of leadership skills can even be pointed out as far back as when he was Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The decisions that he made resulted in him getting stabbed by several members of the Night's Watch.

Yeah - "Fall back!" Jon Snow yells to his bros.  "WHERE?" I yell at the TV.

@BG_painter - I think you had said something about Bran and why isn't he helping (I cannot open the spoiler box for some reason).  I wondered that, too, in the aspect as to why he can't say to his sisters to knock it the fuck off.  But perhaps because he is Almighty and All-knowing he knows that Arya won't actually do anything to Sansa.  Quite frankly, his behavior is making him look like a pompous asshole.

Edited by MooseSketts
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

I really hate people who post spoilers. The worst kind is when you are watching a random video on youtube/facebook and some asshat comments "Don't let this distract you from the fact that in the GoT season finale..." and then posts a major spoiler.

I had that during E3.

Was watching E3 and decided to see the comments to see what people were saying and what they were excited for. Then in all caps "JON SNOW DIES!!!!!!"

That's the worst part about it airing Sunday for America and Monday for UK. Always gotta be some asshole around.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I have to say once again thank you for the people who had seen the episode prior to Sunday not posting spoilers (I avoided reading this thread like the plague until Sunday in case something wasn't in a spoiler box).  I have much respect for those people not ruining the episode for the people who haven't seen it yet.

You're welcome. You probably made the wisest decision out of us all -you only have to wait 7 days for the next episode. Those of us who couldn't wait have to wait 10 days ?

42 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Another thing, why did Jon not just hop on Drogon?  Was there any particular reason he had to go swinging his sword at White Walkers who were, at the time, few and far between?  Because of this stupid action, Viserion gets killed* by that magical ice spear (sure that could have happened anyway; nevertheless, I think if Dany was paying more attention to her children she could have commanded Viserion somehow to avoid the spear).  Then, instead of finishing off Jon, the Night King walks away (only to return later).  Why not just kill Jon?  I think Jon was quite foolish and completely ignorant, and this has further proved to me that Jon Snow is an incapable leader in times of war.

I was literally screaming at my laptop "Get on the DAMN dragon Jon" when watching that scene lol

44 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

And as for Ellaria and Tyene we already know that Tyene is going to die as I'm sure Ellaria may die, too.  It kind of goes along with whatever happened to Unella (the "Shame!" woman)?  Did The Mountain "rip her in two"?

The actress that plays Ellaria has already confirmed she will no longer appear in GoT and that dungeon scene was her final scene. We can assume that Tyene is dead and Ellaria will rot in the dungeon or (more than likely) kill herself with grief.

46 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Yeah - "Fall back!" Jon Snow yells to his bros.  "WHERE?" I yell at the TV.

?

43 minutes ago, Kazeh54 said:

I had that during E3.

Was watching E3 and decided to see the comments to see what people were saying and what they were excited for. Then in all caps "JON SNOW DIES!!!!!!"

That's the worst part about it airing Sunday for America and Monday for UK. Always gotta be some asshole around.

Yep. I have work the following morning so I can't stay up till 2am to watch it on Sky Atlantic. Also, I don' have Sky Atlantic on my TV so that doesn't help either.

There is literally no way to avoid spoilers unless you avoid the internet completely. I watched a GoT video last year on youtube and ever since then I see snippets from last night's GoT episodes appearing in my suggestion feed. Same with facebook. A friend might like an article discussing the recent episode and it appears on my newsfeed but these articles always uses the most spoilery screenshots. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

-Everyone mentions it, but how does Gendry run back to The Wall, send a raven out to reach Dragonstone, for Daenerys to get ready and fly all the way back in 1 day?!?1

Yeah, this was my biggest 'wtf' moment as well. Like, were they sitting there for one day or more? Wouldn't they get hypothermia or something anyway. Then again, I don't know how cold it is beyond the Wall but I'd imagine it's pretty damn cold.

Anyhow, I have to say that I did not like the episode that much. I knew about the fate of Viserion like 1-2 weeks beforehand and well, as soon as I heard what is going to happen, I was like "Nope, do not want." I hate the arguing between Arya and Sansa. They did it as kids and they're still doing it. Stop, please. I want Littlefinger dead already. And I don't know, Jon bent the knee quite easily in the end... but maybe he considered the things that Tormund said to him. 

Honestly, I feel the whole season is a bit of a mess. Things happen either too fast or too slowly. I am happy that they are finally unraveling secrets, characters meet etc. but in my opinion some of the things could have been revealed/done earlier. I just feel like they have taken so much time to set up everything in previous seasons and now they realize that they are running out of time.

In any case, only one more episode to go and then we have another long wait ahead of us.

• Like 3

That was a pretty satisfying episode, I enjoyed it. The banter was great. I don't feel like nitpicking the episode, because I have come to expect shortcuts and plot issues now, and I expect S8 will be more of the same. It's still fun to watch things rush towards the end. I'll be honest, there were times when I found the show pretty hard to stick with (S5 was particularly tough for me IIRC), but I'm glad the buildup is finally paying off.

A lot of people are saying Jon is a terrible leader. I don't necessarily disagree that he's a poor military leader, but is anyone a good leader in this show? Pretty much everyone on this show has made some pretty major mistakes, many of them fatal. Jon always chooses to do the "right" thing, and that has resulted in him getting killed and almost dying multiple times. But I'm still rooting for him. It will be interesting to see how his decision to bend the knee goes.

Side note, I was totally expecting Dany to jump on Jon as he was lying in bed. As I recall, his best friend Sam got surprised the same way when he was wounded. :)

3 minutes ago, novemberrx said:

Honestly, I feel the whole season is a bit of a mess. Things happen either too fast or too slowly. I am happy that they are finally unraveling secrets, characters meet etc. but in my opinion some of the things could have been revealed/done earlier. I just feel like they have taken so much time to set up everything in previous seasons and now they realize that they are running out of time.

Yeah, I agree. It really feels like the producers suddenly realized they had to meet a deadline and had no time left. I know that feeling well at work. :P

It's still fun to watch but it can be frustrating sometimes.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

21 minutes ago, novemberrx said:

Yeah, this was my biggest 'wtf' moment as well. Like, were they sitting there for one day or more? Wouldn't they get hypothermia or something anyway. Then again, I don't know how cold it is beyond the Wall but I'd imagine it's pretty damn cold.

Anyhow, I have to say that I did not like the episode that much. I knew about the fate of Viserion like 1-2 weeks beforehand and well, as soon as I heard what is going to happen, I was like "Nope, do not want." I hate the arguing between Arya and Sansa. They did it as kids and they're still doing it. Stop, please. I want Littlefinger dead already. And I don't know, Jon bent the knee quite easily in the end... but maybe he considered the things that Tormund said to him. 

In any case, only one more episode to go and then we have another long wait ahead of us.

Possibly a two year wait. There's been talk of season 8 debuting in 2019.

1 hour ago, MooseSketts said:

1.  When Jon Snow and his Angels (really bad Charlie's Angels reference) were battling on that rock in the middle of the frozen lake there was a spot where Jon Snow reached the top of the rock and saw the White Walkers down below.  Then an extra falls down and gets killed.  I wondered where he came from because I swore that all the extras were killed (last one being killed moments before that scene happened).

2.  That line cracked me up and I'm so glad Tormund didn't die.

3.  I'm very confused about the White Walkers now (not just the bear).  I thought Valyrian steel killed all White Walkers in one swing.  It didn't seem that way at some points (yes, I'm aware not everyone in the posse has a Valyrian steel weapon).

4.  One survived for plot convenience.

5.  The writers had to tie off Benjen's story.

6.  That battle pissed me off.  From Dany arriving things could have went so much differently.  I'm completely aware that Dany had no idea that if you kill one of the generals a slew of White Walkers under their control will die; however, couldn't Jon - or ANYONE left for that matter - tell Dany to attack the generals/Night King with one of her dragons when she landed with Drogon?  Another thing, why did Jon not just hop on Drogon?  Was there any particular reason he had to go swinging his sword at White Walkers who were, at the time, few and far between?  Because of this stupid action, Viserion gets killed* by that magical ice spear (sure that could have happened anyway; nevertheless, I think if Dany was paying more attention to her children she could have commanded Viserion somehow to avoid the spear).  Then, instead of finishing off Jon, the Night King walks away (only to return later).  Why not just kill Jon?  I think Jon was quite foolish and completely ignorant, and this has further proved to me that Jon Snow is an incapable leader in times of war.

*Side note:  Where did the White Walkers get the chains?  Where were the giants?  Would it have been easier if they helped?

I concur.  Sansa is the only one this episode who mentioned some form of time (how long Jon has been gone from Winterfell).  I feel for Melisandre her story for the moment has been tied up since she said she was going overseas.  I'm sure Benjen is not coming back (they had to tie his story up because as far as I can see he is pretty much useless now).  And as for Ellaria and Tyene we already know that Tyene is going to die as I'm sure Ellaria may die, too.  It kind of goes along with whatever happened to Unella (the "Shame!" woman)?  Did The Mountain "rip her in two"?

I didn't count the people, but I'll bet that for those that did an extra or 2 appeared out of nowhere. :giggle: 

But can Benjen die normally? I don't remember his story much, but I was pretty sure he wasn't actually alive. Sort of like a zombie who's kept his mental faculties.

Speaking of the walkers, was it always known that taking out one of the "head honchos" that their followers crumbled as well? Didn't Jon take one of them out before? Nothing like that happened as far as I remember.

As for Dany's arrival and instructing her. Did you see the way Jon reacted to seeing the Night King? He's terrified of him. Except for maybe Bran, Jon is the only one I can think of that really understands the terrifying power behind him. We saw what one spear did to a dragon and that dragon wasn't flying dead at him like Dany's dumbass did to Bronn. Imagine if Dany flew straight at the Night King as he aimed? 

I feel like Jon has a bit of a problem. He seems to have no problem charging into a situation where he has no chance of coming back from when he doesn't. fucking. have. to. Like he has some sort of sad hero/death wish complex. I still think if he cared, he would make a better ruler than Dany though. I'm a little annoyed with Jon saying he'd bend the knee simply because at the very moment Dany saw the scars on his torso? I feel like she wasn't going to ask him again. 

I don't really know the strength behind the walkers. We saw a full on skeleton which is commonly avoided in zombie type things I think, because they shouldn't be able to stand on their own. With whatever magic is behind them I'm assuming they have more strength than normal humans though.