Encounters with non-trophy hunters.

aZombieDictator

I have PSN friends, who say they get the trophies they can the rest doesnt matter to them.

Also I got those people who re not diehard trophy hunters but love to 100% a specific game they play (mostly online) anyways.

And then theres is those causal friends, who complain to me that games are short and boring and that they have "nothing" to do in there.

Thats the ones who for example in GTA just like to waste money, drive around not doing anything,instead of trying to make goals for themselves.

Any other than that it seems most people never visited the menu as they woulde look at me like "what re these trophies can u buy sth with it"

Most are impressed that I have over 50 plats.  I remember talking to a guy at work when I platted Type 0.  He was amazed I platted it under a week.  Ratalaika Games would blow his mind.  Although I don't think they were a thing seven years ago.

I was big into achievement hunting back during the 360 days and I had a friend who just didn't get it. To him, it seemed like I was playing the games solely for achievements devoid of any enjoyment. Sure there are lots of things I'll play or do in a game that I wouldn't if it wasn't for achievements/trophies, but I feel like it gives me direction and motivation to not only finish games but get the most out of them. Otherwise, I used to start and never finish a ton of games.The best comparison that I could make for him was that achievements/trophies are very similar to getting 100% in a game. That's what a lot of them mostly consist of anyways.

• 1 year later...

I actually envy non-trophy-hunters in many ways. They enjoy their games for the most-part without literally becoming a slave to the machine.

I have a few people on my friend's list who are not trophy-hunters. They like them, and enjoy earning them, but aren't hardcore in to them.