Encounters with non-trophy hunters.

aZombieDictator

So I just came across this guy on Facebook after I commented on a life is strange top 5 post saying "how can you make a top 5 of this game and have no easy platinum as one of them" This is one guys response. I just gotta say I love the people like this, you mention trophies and it just pisses them off for some reason. Anyone else had encounters with people like this?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I just like to tell them sorry I like getting my moneys worth of a game. 1f595.png

That's one way to do it!

7 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Most of the reactions I get are shock when they see my trophy list. None of my IRL friends care about trophies, yet they're always impressed by my profile! xD 

I don't know too many people irl, cause I'm too busy playing games lol. But I've not known anyone around where I live that cares about or understands trophies, it sucks not having fellows gamers around but I manage. I spend lots of time on the internet though and I mostly get reactions from people just getting angry... Some people impressed, most indifferent, and some angry.

18 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Most of the reactions I get are shock when they see my trophy list. None of my IRL friends care about trophies, yet they're always impressed by my profile! xD 

Same here. I've only met one person like the one that the OP encountered, and she was one of the biggest annoyances I've ever met in my life.

Just now, StrickenBiged said:

You can't leave us in suspense! Is it a good story?

Oh, if it were a good story, I would tell you. She was the fiancee (now wife) of a fellow postdoc, and was altogether annoying and grating. To speak any more of it would just serve to increase her annoyance, and that's not a good thing.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, like ExHaseo and DuckSwimmer, I use the "money's worth" argument.

• Like 2

I've met people like this. I understand some of their reasoning, though I don't agree with them. I generally just ignore them and move on. They have their views, I have mine, and neither of those are likely to change so I don't really see the point in unnecessary confrontation -- especially since in a lot of these instances people tend to be far from civil. Everyone just has different hobbies really.

To be fair you can say anything is a waste of money and time. For me make-up is a waste and buying expensive clothing is a waste, everyone has their opinions but if that something makes others happy there's no need to put them down because of it.

Edited by LucileRose
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I probably could have commented better but I was already kinda ticked off cause a "PC Master race" guy was there too shitting on consoles and being arrogant.

Just point out that their master race mind set pretty much makes them gaming Nazis; who see themselves as the master race of humans. That normally shuts those pricks up.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Next time I see one I'll definitely say that to them.

Eh, comparing someone who thinks consoles are stupid to people who killed millions of innocent people would make you look pretty silly, in my opinion. You should just ignore them, stop caring what other people think about how you enjoy yourself. 

Parker

• Like 2

I don't get why people talk to you like that when you say anything about achievements and trophy like it really affects them or something. 

My friends and family members that have PSN don't care about trophies but if I ask them for help for a specific trophy they are good to go and OK with it. 

I really don't get people like this. If you don't enjoy going for achievements/trophies in games, just ignore them, simple as that. Not sure why other people who enjoy obtaining achievements/trophies would bother anyone, but the same can be said for literally anything that's "harmless" that somehow seems to offend some people.

I just shrug off people like that, I just assume they've got bigger issues in their lives, and aren't venting and/or dealing with them properly, so look for other outlets.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Sorry but what do you mean by "a life is strange top 5 post"?

Top 5 reasons to play life is strange.

But yeah I've encountered so many people over the internet that just get triggered and pissed when I mention achievements/trophies. I typically shrug it off but I just felt like posted something here and seeing if other people encountered it.

• Like 1