Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 7/6/2024 at 6:56 PM, Cassylvania said:

is there another decent western out there?

Well, it's not really a Western but Live-A-Live has a Western outlaw called Sunset Kid who has a quest where he helps a saloon town fight back against some desperados who want to invade the town. ;)

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 11:03 PM, Cassylvania said:

Platinum #438 - Sid Meier's Civilization VI

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/33a006/trophies/1L8642ec.png

A bit late, but congrats for this one :D another game that's on my loooong list of "someday I'll conquer the world via a videogame" list!

But, you mentioned one other game that caught my attention big time. I am also aiming to complete this little Firaxis marvel:

450126033-394128119826094-2405019258598765055-n.jpg

So hope you don't mind if I browse around in your 2019 posts, because I do see you had a hell of a blast with it :lol: hope my UFO Aftermath experience will help with this one...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

It's not a bad game, though. It's not even a bad strategy game. It just shouldn't be marketed for $60 or whatever PS5 games go for these days. This is a $30 game. The game is probably longer than it needs to be, the missions start to feel repetitive after a while, and I really think they got lazy with the game design in the final act. Fortunately, the characters and gameplay are solid enough that I didn't get bored. You really need to play Persona 5 before you play this, though. (You really need to play that anyway.) I don't think this is going to make someone a Persona fan who isn't one already.

I'll do what my gamer friend Jody does: I'll wait for a sale. ;)

Also, I'm not surprised at Futaba's role. She wasn't a combatant in Persona 5 either, she was the navigator and support buffer, not a part of the fight. (Though I did like it when her all-out attack triggered. ^_^)

• Like 2

On 7/27/2024 at 6:47 PM, Cassylvania said:

Platinum #444 - Lies of P

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/c05018/trophies/1Lccb563.png

Well...alright, I admit, I expected you to not like this one...guess I will have to postpone the legendary battle in realm722's thread 😂

Congrats for this one! As mentioned, I loved this game a lot, but because it vibed with me in certain ways that I can't really explain. 

As for gameplay, I just went for the Holy Sword that transforms in a spear, that you get from that weird priest turned scorpion boss, it's the weapon that kinda demolished the entire game for me, both NG and NG+ :lol: Str weapons really are busted in this game.

One thing I will have to half-agree with...

My biggest complaint is the boss fights. I didn't like them. I'd say my feelings vary from boss to boss, but there's a simple formula you can use for figuring that out. The bigger the boss, the worse the fight. Yeah, you know that meme that you know shit is about to get real when you see a boss the same height as you in a Souls game? Here, you see a boss the same height as you and you're like, "Oh, thank you. This isn't about to be bullshit."

Yeah I will give, the big bosses are preeeeetty meh. Not the first ones I'll say, but this one specific fucker...

Screenshot_(406).png?width=1280

Good lord this one sucked ass. 

The regular size bosses were mad fun though, with parries. Lasaxia or whats-her-name was mad fun :D 

I think I'm done with Souls-likes for the year.

I too kinda doubt that images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6KxubN3n0TEA8f8k-az0NLeah-mXOiNHcQg&s

• Like 2

On 7/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, Kitty_Fairy5 said:

To me, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix will always be the Dark Souls of Disney to me. :lol:

But Dark Souls is actually good...

I kid. KH2 was fun.

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Well...alright, I admit, I expected you to not like this one...guess I will have to postpone the legendary battle in realm722's thread 😂

I liked Lords of the Fallen (the ORIGINAL one), so Lies of P was probably always going to be safe. In fact, I think Souls-likes are almost at a 100% success rate for me, which is amazing considering how frequently I tear into games from other genres that I love. (Farming sims come to mind...) I think the only Souls-like I straight up hated was The Surge, and I'd still consider playing the sequel. But only because I already bought it or got it for free.

I'd say I'm excited for a Lies of P sequel, but let's be real. I finished the game, so there's going to be DLC.

Yeah I will give, the big bosses are preeeeetty meh. Not the first ones I'll say, but this one specific fucker...

Screenshot_(406).png?width=1280

Exactly the one that came to mind when I wrote that. King of Puppets was a really good boss, though. He's the exception that makes the rule.

I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoyed the gank squad boss fight.

I too kinda doubt that images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6KxubN3n0TEA8f8k-az0NLeah-mXOiNHcQg&s

It didn't even last a day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'd say I'm excited for a Lies of P sequel, but let's be real. I finished the game, so there's going to be DLC.

I'll get to Lies of P eventually, but I still have pretty much the whole FromSoft catalogue to catch up on as well as Lords of the Fallen (OG) and The Surge already on my list. So correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that...

Spoiler

There's a secret ending in Lies of P that hints at them doing a Wizard of Oz souls next? Sounds pretty cool if so. I can imagine the flying monkeys as some sort of Bloodborne Lovecraftian horror.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

My nose grew so big that it turned into a plague doctor mask! Introducing...

Platinum #445 - Thymesia

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/8e07d4/trophies/1L3bcf07.png

Cassy promising she won't play another Soulslike

tumblr_my41vzvFfD1stb7vko2_250.gif

Damn, Thymesia, that was an interesting game! I remember that I actually enjoyed the combat....and not much else, because most of the effort was put in the combat. I do remember deflecting being harder to pull, but also more rewarding + you got some iframes improvement upgrades. Also the weapons you could steal in this game were fun, I too abused the scythe (free health recovery lol) and I think the bow was overpowered too.

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

There's also one TERRIBLE fight that isn't like this. Picture Dragon God, but with swarms of enemies blocking your path. I don't consider that to be a boss fight.

Oh god that boss...where you had to run through the plague and had to fight some dancer enemies and oh my god that entire level was complete ass. Yeah that's not a boss, that's really Dragon God but in Plague version and multiplied by 3.

The circus master boss was fun though!

Congrats for this one, and best of luck with your goal! Will Code Vein be next? :lol: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Also, there's that game I haven't touched since January... huh.

I saw that name, ANNO Mutationem and I thought it's part of the Anno series 😂 I was "hot damn, they made an anime economic simulator?

Then I saw the gameplay and yeah...you definitely are not breaking trade contracts with the Shogunate in that game :lol: 

Best of luck with the backlog, especially CTR. That will be a fun one!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

And this actually marks an interesting milestone on the year. The platinum number isn't anything amazing, but what is amazing is that we have now completed FORTY games this year. Twenty shy of my goal and five months to go. I'll let you do the math, but I can assure you that it's completely doable.

This is wild!  If you take any two years since I started collecting trophies in 2018  I don't know if I have 40 games completed.. much less 60!?  

• Like 1

Better shout this out now since Cassy enjoyed Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin... the developers, XSeed, are having a sale of that game on their online store until the 11th so you can buy it for $20 until then, so if you too want to be like Cassy and create your own Japanese rice farm with combat exploration, you have eight days to get it for 60% off. ;)

Edited by Kitty_Fairy5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I might have to start my own "30 Platinums in 30 Days" YouTube video.

That would be interesting! I would love to hear your voice on YouTube, I bet you're a middle-aged man with a deep voice and I'd love to hear you saying weird words about the games you played. I watch a ton of those challenge videos. I'm actualy thinking of editing a "15 Platinums in 15 Days" challenge, which I intend to do in a couple of weeks. ;)

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Also, I had unlimited stamina in the tutorial, so I cut down an entire forest and gathered all the rocks I can fit in my bag. Now I get to actually play the game.

I also abused a similar mechanic. In Dragon Quest Builders, the first one, in the beginning of the first chapter, Cantlin, time does not pass and you do not grow hungry until you complete certain quests for Pippin(about the fourth or fifth quest), so what I did was achieve the trophies for destroying and placing 3000 objects because I was able to spend all the time in the world tearing down a nearby hill for earth blocks and used those to turn the ruins of Cantlin into a decent sized city with a future Cantlin Garden to get the trophies.

If I wanted, I could have just ran around the field killing slimes to get the trophy for defeating 2000 enemies too! But I'm not insane and the Bashmobile is a far faster method for farming kills. 😜

(You can also rescue Rollo and put him in the town before you are given the quest to find him.)

Of course, you have limited materials, but one material you have plenty of is broken branches you can make oak clubs with. You can't harvest everything - stone walls are too strong for a club, you need the hammer which requires advancing the story - but I was able to get 15 Chimera Wings, 35 Healing Creams, 60 Marshrooms and plumberries for food when I started starving to death, and enough Earth Blocks to rebuild Cantlin's walls and buildings. :lol:

As long as you don't complete the quest to make a bedroom, you can build whatever you want without working about sleep or food. But you won't get very far as you need the wooden mallets to break stone and chop down trees for wood, so your crafts are limited. But at least you won't be starting with ruins and have time on the clock like in the other chapters. This is why the Chapter 1 speedrun is 20 days instead of 30, the devs realized you had a head start. ;)

Edited by Kitty_Fairy5
  • Like 1