Tales of Project Platinum

sundrew

19 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

The only trophy left is Cross Chase Ace because it seems I was to lazy to use it most of the time (still have to do it around 100 times 1f605.png)

Any tips on how to get it as fast as possible?

Can't wait for my first Tales of plat!

I did that one during normal gameplay, but an easy way would be to do the same as the grade farming technique explained in the guide, but do it as Shing or whichever character you use that has the skill for increased chances of Cross Chases happening.

On 9/17/2017 at 3:20 AM, FractalOfBliss said:

I just discovered these Project Platinum threads. I have 4 Tales of Plats. Do I win something? ?

You've been added as Undine! Welcome!

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

I got it!

I finally have my first Tales of platinum :)

Congratulations Sylph!! Great work! That was really fast.

Hopefully you've been bitten by the bug now and motivated to pursue more Tales plats! I've been meaning to start Xillia soon myself.

10 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

Congrats on the Tales of Hearts R platinum! How's the game?

Tales of Hearts is one of my favorites from the Tales of series. It's a perfect game for the Vita in my opinion. There should have been more Tales games for the Vita :)

10 hours ago, sundrew said:

Congratulations Sylph!! Great work! That was really fast.

Hopefully you've been bitten by the bug now and motivated to pursue more Tales plats! I've been meaning to start Xillia soon myself.

I really just had to do a few things which took around 5 hours. I did the rest a year ago. Overall it took me 56 hours.

I already played every other Tales game except for Dawn of the New World and Berseria.

Xillia is a great game. I'd like to get the plat for that. Maybe I'll finish it when I'm done playing all the other games I want to play right now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I finally got that sweet Symphonia plat! Please upgrade me to Efreet! ;)

On a sidenote: Xillia 2 and Symphonia DotNW plats left to do until joining the ranks of Lords of the Spirits (lol)! But seeing as I don't like either of these games much, it will probably take a lot of time for me to sit down and play. ?

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 8:08 PM, eigen-space said:

Still Undine, but now I have 4 plats. Just got Tales of Hearts :)

On 10/31/2017 at 4:51 AM, MondaDashi said:

Oh yeah, I finally got that sweet Symphonia plat! Please upgrade me to Efreet! ;)

On a sidenote: Xillia 2 and Symphonia DotNW plats left to do until joining the ranks of Lords of the Spirits (lol)! But seeing as I don't like either of these games much, it will probably take a lot of time for me to sit down and play. 1f605.png

Congrats on the new plats, guys! I've updated your games completed/ranks.

@MondaDashi You got this! You've gotten through some of the toughest plats so you're almost there! Admittedly, Dawn of the New World is probably the worst game of the bunch and a very long plat. I'll look forward to upgrading you when you're done. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently playing Tales of Berseria. Is there anything to keep in mind while playing the game? I'm keeping track of the Katz treasure chests and side quests, is that enough or will I have to go back to earlier areas because there's more related to trophies?

While I'm at it, I might as well ask about two of the ToX2 trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2822-tales-of-xillia-2/47-battle-lord

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2822-tales-of-xillia-2/48-battle-god

I don't remember which titles I'm missing, but do you have a good guide for these trophies?

I'm also missing Codependence, but know what to do and just never felt like doing it.

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

I'm currently playing Tales of Berseria. Is there anything to keep in mind while playing the game? I'm keeping track of the Katz treasure chests and side quests, is that enough or will I have to go back to earlier areas because there's more related to trophies?

For the "Witness to the Mystic" trophy, you need to see all mystic artes for both allies and enemies. Make sure you know which enemies have them, and some enemies have multiples! The game doesn't track which ones you see and don't see, so you have to do that yourself; fortunately, you can see them across multiple playthroughs.
I found all the other trophies to be pretty straightforward. Feel free to message me if you need help with something :)

4 hours ago, eigen-space said:

For the "Witness to the Mystic" trophy, you need to see all mystic artes for both allies and enemies. Make sure you know which enemies have them, and some enemies have multiples! The game doesn't track which ones you see and don't see, so you have to do that yourself; fortunately, you can see them across multiple playthroughs.
I found all the other trophies to be pretty straightforward. Feel free to message me if you need help with something :)

Thanks. The walktrhough of my choice lists all Mystic Artes, I'll be fine as long as I read the strategy for the bosses.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 5:12 AM, TrunksUSSJ said:

Recently got my first Tales of plat, Tales of Xillia! Add me to Sylph rank please.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:38 AM, fantrig99 said:

Got Tales of Hearts R completed. Great Tales of game on the Vita and one of the best in the series imo!

You guys have been added/updated! Sorry for the delay. @fantrig99 You are very close to plat rank!!

On 2/12/2018 at 3:45 PM, SmilexBomb said:

This looks like a fun project :) First tales platinum on this account was Vesperia.

Currently working on Innocence R. Have a few Tales plats over various accounts but will get em all on this one eventually.

You've been added as Gnome with the special Vesperia emblem! The non-localized games like Innocence R and Vesperia don't count for the total (I don't feel it's fair to make people play games they don't understand), but you will get special emblems for your hard work. Keep me posted on your progress!

Edited by sundrew
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2018 at 0:49 PM, AppleKratue said:

I just earned the platinum in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, so rank me up to Lord of Spirits, please :)

Nice work! Congratulations!! You've been upgraded to Plat rank :). Hopefully you've enjoyed the journey to plat them all.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:33 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I'll be doing that one and finishing Tales of Xillia 2 in the coming months. I was waiting until I bought my recording PC, I wanted to start recording my "way to Platinum" =p

Looking forward to ranking you up! Definitely share any recordings of your progress as you make them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Anyone know if Zestiria's DLC has ever been on sale?

It was actually free for a short period of time, but that was a while back.  Like a year or two ago, maybe.

That's actually why I'm playing Zestiria on the PS3 and not the PS4 -- I only had the older console at the time the DLC was free, so that's where I had to grab it and stash it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

congrats @AppleKratue. I've been stuck playing Zestiria, but will probably skip ahead and do Berseria first. Anyone know if Zestiria's DLC has ever been on sale?

Thanks! You're close to beating Zestiria though, so I'd at least beat the game first and clean up the trophies later. Like @acasser said, it was free for the first few weeks after launch, but it has been on sale before, last time a few months ago: https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/128018/tales-of-zestiria-alishas-story-additional-chapter

Edited by AppleKratue