glitch on how to get grounded plus difficulty trophy ?

MomeAlsadi

hello there 

I read the guide but I didn't get it !!!

i completed the game on grounded mode 

then i have to complete the game on any game plus difficult then what? 

how is that going to help me getting grounded plus trophy ........

help PLZ 

Edited by MomeAlsadi

16 hours ago, MomeAlsadi said:

hello there 

I read the guide but I didn't get it !!!

i completed the game on grounded mode 

then i have to complete the game on any game plus difficult then what? 

how is that going to help me getting grounded plus trophy ........

help PLZ 

I think you mix somethings up. You can complete the game on a low difficulty like Normal, start New Game + (same difficulty), save in chapter 1 (Boston QZ), then use chapter select on the 1st chapter (Boston QZ) to get a higher difficulty (like Grounded) in New Game + Mode. But you have to play again with this...

Not sure if this is a glitch but i used this to get grounded and grounded+ trophies easier:

1. Complete the game on a low difficulty like Normal

2. Complete the game on New Game + same difficulty (in my case Normal+)

3. I looted everything i could, hardly shot anytime, used melee attacks or let the npcs kill

4. After your 2nd playthrough is done, choose Chapter Select and go in Reverse Order from Chapter 16 to 15 down to Prologue

5. Replay Epiloge.

Unfortunately this meant for me playing through 3 times in order to get Grounded, Grounded+, Survivor+ and Hard+ ... but it pad off :D

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 1:19 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I think you mix somethings up. You can complete the game on a low difficulty like Normal, start New Game + (same difficulty), save in chapter 1 (Boston QZ), then use chapter select on the 1st chapter (Boston QZ) to get a higher difficulty (like Grounded) in New Game + Mode. But you have to play again with this...

Not sure if this is a glitch but i used this to get grounded and grounded+ trophies easier:

1. Complete the game on a low difficulty like Normal

2. Complete the game on New Game + same difficulty (in my case Normal+)

3. I looted everything i could, hardly shot anytime, used melee attacks or let the npcs kill

4. After your 2nd playthrough is done, choose Chapter Select and go in Reverse Order from Chapter 16 to 15 down to Prologue

5. Replay Epiloge.

Unfortunately this meant for me playing through 3 times in order to get Grounded, Grounded+, Survivor+ and Hard+ ... but it pad off :D

Why did you do it backwards? Did that make it easier for some reason?

the glitch you're talking about allows you start new game plus on grounded difficulty without playing twice . you beat the game once without the glitch so the glitch is completely pointless. You'll have to beat the game a second time on grounded to get the new game plus trophy. :(

edit: i see what you were saying. To answer your question, you were supposed to beat the game once on any difficulty for your first playthrough. Easy or normal would've been ideal for a smooth ride obviously. After your first playthrough, you would've needed to play the game on ng+ grounded difficulty for the rest of the difficulty trophies. 
You messed up by playing grounded difficulty first because now you'll have to play the game on grounded + for the grounded plus trophy.

Edited by doom-monger
  • Like 1

Kind of off topic, did you guys rely on the Shorty (pistol shotgun) at all on grounded? I stopped playing in the sewers, I missed the gun pick-up. Wondering if I should restart when I pick it back up again. Getting to that point all ready took dozens of hours. Some places are just completely luck based to get through.

6 minutes ago, Avalynch said:

Kind of off topic, did you guys rely on the Shorty (pistol shotgun) at all on grounded? I stopped playing in the sewers, I missed the gun pick-up. Wondering if I should restart when I pick it back up again. Getting to that point all ready took dozens of hours. Some places are just completely luck based to get through.

If you're looking to fully upgrade all of the weapons in the current playthrough to get the For Emergencies Only trophy then I'd restart the chapter. I don't think there are any enemy encounters in the Sewers up to the point you pick it up if I remember correctly so you'll be able to get there quite quickly. If you chapter select with the current save file you're using, all of the stats/upgrades/ammo up to that point will be the same as they originally were just before you missed the Shorty if that makes sense. To answer your other question, I found it useful against the Infected at short range. 1 shot kills on Runners, Stalkers and Clickers if very close.

3 hours ago, SPDSTA2011 said:

Yes a lot easier. I gathered as much supplies as possible on Normal+, hardly shot a bullet and all those supplies were available in my Grounded+ playthrough. If you start chapter 2 on Grounded+ you have the supplies from Grounded+ chapter 1 left over. In my case i had all supplies from Normal+ playthrough chapter 1 left over :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 4 months later...
On 2018-05-07 at 3:36 PM, SPDSTA2011 said:

Play backwards so you start each chapter with more resources. Front to back will overwrite your chapter select saved info and you will likely have less stuff on G+ than normal +. 

Someone please help me out here. I'm playing this game on easy to plow through it quick because I've already played it like 4 times but lost my save after doing grounded. If I complete it on easy, why do I have to beat it again on easy plus just to get grounded plus? Can't I just go right to doing grounded?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, JAYSEN187 said:

Someone please help me out here. I'm playing this game on easy to plow through it quick because I've already played it like 4 times but lost my save after doing grounded. If I complete it on easy, why do I have to beat it again on easy plus just to get grounded plus? Can't I just go right to doing grounded?

On 10/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, Massey480 said:

I accidentally did the epilogue on grounded when I was messing about

I am doing the rest of the game the same difficulty 

Will it affect the trophies in any way at all 

No, it shouldn't.

• 8 months later...

I'm playing first run on Grounded. I notice when i scroll to Easy in the menus but don't actually select it (just scroll back to Grounded and back out), it will spawn supplies all around me. I can't yet confirm if this will corrupt my Grounded progress, but no warning prompt comes up when i do this