How are all these trophies uncommon?

30 minutes ago, A_93juantheone said:

I'm pretty sure I'lll be able to get the platinum soon, but 3 hours my butt. I don't know if it's because I suck, I don't think so. I'm just wondering how everyone here seemingly makes it look so easy. What's your secret friends?

Like @Demon--Prototype said you can exploit save at any point of the game. 

The trophy guide link below explains everything

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4449-arcade-game-series-pac-man-trophy-guide

Btw I would have never got all 4 plats in the series without the save exploit

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 3

@A_93juantheone for me getting the Pac Man Plat was the hardest of those 4 Arcade Game Plats... even with using the save exploit i needed 6 hours... Ms. Pac Man was done in 4 hours, because i knew the game by then (there almost identical :D)... Dig Dug was a bit difficultier than Ms. Pac Man but i backed up my save only every completed level... Galaga was the easiest for me since i used the enemies stop shooting glitch and backed up my save after every wave in the challenge levels starting round 11...

But true i too wondered why games with 3 hours estimated time have uncommon plats.. and i looked through all of them they differ a lot too... funnily the easiest for me has the lowest platinum trophy (Galaga) rate and the hardest game the highest rate (Ms. Pac Man) :D

• Like 1

I think the trophies are pretty easy when you consider the games. They've all been out for decades, if you're gonna plat a game, at least back in the day, you had to be a master of the game. If you're a master at Pac-Man, it shouldn't be too hard to loop around and eat everyone four times.

I am not a master, and I found it pretty easy, in Pac-Man at least. I was just cruising through and popped the 100%.

Trophies shouldn't just be handed out for playing the game, or at least that's my opinion. I'd say the list would be hard if there was a trophy for playing from level 1 all the way through 256 without save scumming. That shit is hard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I think the trophies are pretty easy when you consider the games. They've all been out for decades, if you're gonna plat a game, at least back in the day, you had to be a master of the game. If you're a master at Pac-Man, it shouldn't be too hard to loop around and eat everyone four times.

I am not a master, and I found it pretty easy, in Pac-Man at least. I was just cruising through and popped the 100%.

Trophies shouldn't just be handed out for playing the game, or at least that's my opinion. I'd say the list would be hard if there was a trophy for playing from level 1 all the way through 256 without save scumming. That shit is hard.

Yeah I actually had never played Pac - Man, but I got good enough once I looked up some tips. And I fought through Om Nom Nom, but then I found about the save when I lost twice to the doing the rounds. I didn't realize that you could turn on level select. Yeah eventually it wasn't too difficult. And I'll always be more proud of my rarer trophies  then Plats because they were usually harder to obtain. 

8 hours ago, A_93juantheone said:

Yeah I actually had never played Pac - Man, but I got good enough once I looked up some tips. And I fought through Om Nom Nom, but then I found about the save when I lost twice to the doing the rounds. I didn't realize that you could turn on level select. Yeah eventually it wasn't too difficult. And I'll always be more proud of my rarer trophies  then Plats because they were usually harder to obtain. 

Dude, you made it your whole life without playing the Pac Attack? That's insane dude. 

Did it hold up to all the hype and reputation to you, or did it just come across as another basic old arcade game?

7 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Dude, you made it your whole life without playing the Pac Attack? That's insane dude. 

Did it hold up to all the hype and reputation to you, or did it just come across as another basic old arcade game?

Yeah, my brother played Pac Man: Championship Edition years ago, but I never touched it and then I heard that this had a Platinum so I played it. As far as hype and all that, I'd say it's well deserved. It's definitely showing it's age at least in terms of control. I feel that I could never really control Pac-Man as accurately I wanted to, but then again it could be a limitation of using the joystick instead of the actual stick that was on the Arcade. The charm holds up and it was fun while I was playing it. It definitely feels like what somebody would say is a tech demo in the modern era, but I'm sure it was revolutionary at the time. I had fun. I'd say it's more than basic. It's a great, fun, little game and I can see why it would be addicting trying to get the high score. I do that on all my mobile games, so I can understand the allure. The fact that it's fast and mostly accurate makes it hold up far more than Galaga or Dig-Dug in my opinion. I don't know if that's the answer you're looking for, but it's kind of hard to talk about a game that does only one thing. Hopefully it's not too wordy. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was wondering the same thing until i saw the save exploit. Without that in the game I legitimately believe this platinum would be sub-2% rarity just because of the Om Nom Nom trophies. Even with the save exploit I probably had to reload my game 30+ times until I finally got it. 

• Like 1