I'm a Golden God Glitch?

Briste

So I just got this trophy, however I don't think I should have. I got an A+ in all light worlds and beat all the dark worlds. I beat all of the warp zones and was in the process of getting all of the bandages to finish up this trophy. When I got my 16th bandage in the rapture world (giving me 96 total), the trophy for I'm a Golden God popped and so did Meat Ninja. I was not expecting either until I got the remaining 4 bandages. When I check my statistics from the title screen, it says I've beaten 100% of the categories, but when I go into the game it shows 95% on rapture and 100% for all the other zones.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've played solely on my Vita to this point but will probably do some of the no death runs on my PS4. The only other glitch I've had so far was in 7-19x XOXO where the blocks were reappearing too quickly and the level was impossible to beat. Restarting the game fixed that glitch (I'll be pissed if that happens during my no death attempt...). I mean it's only 4 bandages I'm missing, but it's still weird. This is the first trophy I've ever had pop ahead of schedule...so far any glitch I've encountered has made me redo something.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Something even weirder happened for me. I had 98/100 bandages, all warp zones done except skyscraper. Everything else was unlocked. I did the very first warp zone in the game (1-5, I think?), that popped the trophy, and I had 105% completion on The Forest. I rebooted my game, and it was gone. I don't recall if meat ninja stayed unlocked, I think he did (as he can't 're-lock' himself?). After completing skyscraper with both bandages, nothing happened and I got my 100% completion as normal.

• Like 1

I saw that in a couple places when I was looking up if this was a known glitch, but I haven't completed any of the glitch levels yet so in my particular scenario that wasn't the case. I've unlocked them all, but since there wasn't a trophy related to them, I wasn't prioritizing beating those.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Quick follow-up question.. I get that you can earn the "Golden God" trophy without earning all bandages thanks to the game going up to 106%. 

Question... Is it really possible to earn it without earning "The Real End"? I keep seeing profiles where "The Real End" is the last trophy earned, but it seems weird, as it is a requirement for "Golden God" and surely counts more towards 100% than 4 bandages.. 

So I'd be happy to have a definitive answer... is it possible or is it not? I don't like doubting people but I can't help it when I see that trophy order ?

6 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Yes it is possible, I have done it myself

*context*

I ended up with like 230%

(Not sure if its patched on ps4 but this happened on xbox, a bandaid on a 9 second level wouldnt unlock and i tried for a long time to get it unknowingly it added to my %)

Rare case I assume?

Apparently that was a thing back in 2010/2011 on the X360, but it was patched. The glitch wasn't possible anymore with the release on PS Vita or PS4, so that can't be it. The glitch basically allowed you to get infinite bandages, which would increase your completion % without actually having to progress in the game. 

So my question still stays :) Is it possible on the PS4 to earn "Golden God" before "The Real End"?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12-3-2020 at 3:11 PM, Arcesius said:

So my question still stays :) Is it possible on the PS4 to earn "Golden God" before "The Real End"?

I could test this out if you still need an answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I could test this out if you still need an answer.

Well, I don't yet have an answer, and I think it would be interesting to know for sure... So if it doesn't feel weird to you leaving the dark end boss for last, it'd be awesome! ?

Good luck man, you got this! 

• Like 1

On 3-4-2020 at 6:55 PM, Arcesius said:

Well, I don't yet have an answer, and I think it would be interesting to know for sure... So if it doesn't feel weird to you leaving the dark end boss for last, it'd be awesome! 1f600.png

Good luck man, you got this! 

Well, it’s possible. I just got I’m a Golden God and I still need to do 6-5x, 7-13x, 7-19x and the Dark World boss. So it unlocked earlier than expected.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Well, it’s possible. I just got I’m a Golden God and I still need to do 6-5x, 7-13x, 7-19x and the Dark World boss. So it unlocked earlier than expected.

Well, congrats on getting this with a "broken" controller ? And thanks for trying it out, interesting to know ?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm a Golden God trophy just unlocked for me after beating 7-17x, I already got all bandages and all A+ ranks I was just working through Cotton Alley Dark World. I guess I did some glitch levels but forgot about them? It's weird that you can unlock it without actually finishing Cotton Alley Dark World

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...