Vita vs. PS4

I've heard the sound quality of the Vita version is fairly poor compared to the PS4 version. Not sure how true this is, I don't have the Vita version to test for myself.

I got all the other Danganronpa games on Vita since I got them at launch, and I have to say, I do kinda regret not getting this game on Vita as well. The game looks really bad (the 3D models and environments at least) on a big screen, it definitely feels more fitting for a small screen. On one hand though, I don't have to worry about my Vita battery running low any more, it means I can't really play the game outside of my house, but I rarely bring handhelds out with me anyway unless I'm going on vacation.

The main reason I got the game for the PS4 is just for future proofing. If my PS4 were to ever die, it'd be super easy to just get a new one. If my Vita died (and it is getting on now, bought it like 4-5 years ago), I would have a lot more difficulty nowadays to find a brand new, sealed Vita. I've re-purchased games I've loved for newer consoles for this reason too. It may just me being paranoid, but I have had consoles die on me before, usually when it's at that point where new consoles are no longer being produced.

I wouldn't say the game costs "50% more though", at least not here. The Vita version was like £30-35, and the PS4 version cost me £40. This is the physical versions I'm talking about. There's been plenty of other games where the PS4 version costs more than the Vita one though.

• Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks guys. 

@SuperSmexy500Here in the states, the Vita version is $39.99, while the PS4 version is $59.99. 

That's a rather insane price difference. The most I've seen here is a PS4 version of a game being about £10 more than the Vita version.

I'd just say go with whatever version of the game you prefer. Obviously the Vita is the cheapest option, and there's really no differences between the PS4 or Vita version, so it's ultimately up to you which version you decide on.

I've got all three danganronpa games on psvita and I was really looking forward this V3. I tried both demo on my ps4 and my vita and the differences between them really shocked me. What I am really worry about the vita version are:

1) really bad audio quality

2) compressed video scene

3) really strange graphical effect (granylike) during class trial, expecially between change of camera (almost 1 every minute or so)

Are these faults present also in the shipped and patched version of the game?

11 minutes ago, Canne said:

I've got all three danganronpa games on psvita and I was really looking forward this V3. I tried both demo on my ps4 and my vita and the differences between them really shocked me. What I am really worry about the vita version are:

3) really strange graphical effect (granylike) during class trial, expecially between change of camera (almost 1 every minute or so)

I'm playing on Vita, and I haven't experienced anything of what you mentioned, so that's either an exaggeration, or the final version is free of these issues. The game looks and sounds great to me.

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm playing on Vita, and I haven't experienced anything of what you mentioned, so that's either an exaggeration, or the final version is free of these issues. The game looks and sounds great to me.

That's very good to hear my friend, thanks a lot :o

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks guys. 

@SuperSmexy500Here in the states, the Vita version is $39.99, while the PS4 version is $59.99. 

Same here. 

As for the Vita version, the only issue I've experienced so far is with the sound. When I started the game, my first thought was that the sound was too low. And when I tried to turn it up, I realized that it was already at its max. Even with the headphones, I couldn't hear really well. Now I play the game when everything is silent around me and I changed the parameters to hear the voice acting over the background music. I don't think I could play this game in the bus/train/car because I probably wouldn't hear anything. Btw, I have the Japanese voices dlc on it, that might be the reason why some people are experiencing trouble and others don't?

The voices are definitely too quiet by default on the Vita version, but I asked @Redgrave who's playing on PS4 and he said it was the same for him. Like others have mentioned, you can just turn up the voice volume and turn down the music in the options menu which fixes that particular issue. I play at about 80% volume on Vita and I can hear everything just fine.

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The voices are definitely too quiet by default on the Vita version, but I asked @Redgrave who's playing on PS4 and he said it was the same for him. Like others have mentioned, you can just turn up the voice volume and turn down the music in the options menu which fixes that particular issue. I play at about 80% volume on Vita and I can hear everything just fine.

I'm not used to having to go over the sound limit of my Vita to hear what's happening in a game. But as long as this works, I'm cool with it. 

Edited by Myu

4 minutes ago, Myu said:

I'm not used to having to go over the sound limit of my Vita to hear what's happening in a game. But as long as this works, I'm cool with it. 

What's the sound limit on Vita? But yeah, for most games I don't need the volume as high as I do with DRV3 to have it at a level I'm comfortable with. Max volume is definitely still overkill, though. I suppose I should mention that I always use earphones when playing games on Vita, so maybe it's different if you're using the speakers.

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

What's the sound limit on Vita? But yeah, for most games I don't need the volume as high as I do with DRV3 to have it at a level I'm comfortable with. Max volume is definitely still overkill, though. I suppose I should mention that I always use earphones when playing games on Vita, so maybe it's different if you're using the speakers.

AVLS that limits the sound to approximately to 80%? You know, to protect your ears and everything. 

Edited by Myu

17 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is what I am most concerned about (number 3 on the list):

https://streamable.com/abj64

Edited by Canne

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

And you're sure that isn't an intentional effect? It does't happen on the PS4 version?

No that I remember but I'll look into that, are these "effect" present in the final game? Maybe is just that, an effect, but i really dont remember seeing that in ps4 demo ;)

12 minutes ago, Canne said:

No that I remember but I'll look into that, are these "effect" present in the final game? Maybe is just that, an effect, but i really dont remember seeing that in ps4 demo ;)

That's the impression I got when playing the game. It didn't feel like a glitch or anything like that. Either way, it's really not much of an issue.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:57 PM, Canne said:

I remember hearing complaints about audio quality a while back related to some other game or its demo. I think the heavy audio compression's point was to bring down the file size of a demo and in the end the audio was fine in the final product or at least fixed with a patch. Maybe someone here remembers which Vita game this was? I'm guessing (and hoping) this is the case with Danganronpa V3 demo too.