Handyman trophy problem

TheAveryChu

So, I've completed the game once so far, and I have built all of the following items. 

Handgun Bullets
Shotgun Shells
Sniper Rifle Cartridges
Assault Rifle Cartridges
Magnum Rounds
Flamethrower Fuel
Shock Bolt 
Smoke Bolt
Explosive Bolt
Harpoon Bolt

Freeze Bolt 
Medical Syringe 
Medical Kit 

These are the only craftable items that I found were mentioned online. Is there something else from the list that I've missed?

The only thing I can think of is the craftable Sniper Rifle early in the game, which I didn't create. Now, I have the Sniper Rifle from the later section of the game, and am unable to make another sniper. Unless I'm missing something, I think this might be the problem. If so, does anyone know a workaround? One that preferably doesn't mean playing through the entire game again?

Edited by TheAveryChu

1 hour ago, TheAveryChu said:

So, I've completed the game once so far, and I have built all of the following items. 

Handgun Bullets
Shotgun Shells
Sniper Rifle Cartridges
Assault Rifle Cartridges
Magnum Rounds
Flamethrower Fuel
Shock Bolt 
Smoke Bolt
Explosive Bolt
Harpoon Bolt

Freeze Bolt 
Medical Syringe 
Medical Kit 

These are the only craftable items that I found were mentioned online. Is there something else from the list that I've missed?

The only thing I can think of is the craftable Sniper Rifle early in the game, which I didn't create. Now, I have the Sniper Rifle from the later section of the game, and am unable to make another sniper. Unless I'm missing something, I think this might be the problem. If so, does anyone know a workaround? One that preferably doesn't mean playing through the entire game again?

Yup you need to craft sniper rifle and flamethrower aswell :) If you crafted Flamethrower , just play to chapter 3 find the parts, sniper rifle is on the roof near church, sniper parts, are in the shed just before pit stop area, so bad with directions guys, :D remember to play on same save tho.

• 10 months later...

So I finished the game. Can you craft everything but the sniper in the first run through then 2nd run through craft only the magnum bullets and build the sniper rifle / fix it and craft the sniper rifle bullets ? 

Or must it be all in the one playthrough (new game +) ?

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think by getting the sniper later u void that trophy completely and would need to start completely from scratch since u can only have the 1 sniper so can't craft the other even in new game plus but I'm not sure like i said

Im 100% sure because I experienced this while optimising my TW routes.

@JWill_55

If you collected the Sniper Rifle in Mission 15 instead off crafting it in Mission 3, then you have COMPLETELY locked yourself out of the HANDYMAN trophy for this save and you will have to begin a FRESH new game.

Progress does carry, so all depends on whether you already have it or not. Hopefully you crafted it in Mission 3.

Getting it in Mission 15 actually gets you a little bit more ammo, but locks you out of the handyman trophy

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I dunno, but this trophy doesn't pop for me either. I have crafted Sniper Rifle in chapter 3, and completed Flamethrower right after obtaining main part, because I've killed almost all those guys around post office before the boss. Crafted all bolts to check, all medicine and all types of ammo.

Including useless Assault Riffle, but I've only made one bullet, should I craft more? 

I think this trophy just glitched one, no mater weapons obtaining order.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 0:55 AM, zero3extreme said:

Damn this trophy, now i have this issue,  i crafted everything except sniper weapon which i get it in chap 15, so the trophy locked?  Damnit

Yes I'm so frustrated now because of this damn trophy. I'm doing my second playthrough to get all collectibles and upgrade all weapons and I didn't know you had to pick the two missing pieces of the Sniper Rifle in chapter 3. I got the Rifle from chapter 15 by exploring the level from my first blinded playthrough. 

So I guess I have to do 3 playthroughs instead of just 2 initially :

1. Finish my second playthrough to get all the remaining trophies (collectibles, upgraded weapons, specific actions)
  2. Play a new fresh game to pick up the two missing pieces of the Sniper Rifle and also pick up all the weapons again in the game...
  3. Play a new game plus and just craft all munitions and fuel and hopefully get the trophy
  4. Play a new game in Classic mode to get the last trophy of the game

It's annoying me because I will waste my time playing an entire playthrough. The trophy guide mentions this trophy as locked if you miss the pieces from chapter 3 fortunately for the ones who read first. But, I don't read any trophy guide when I play a game for the first time so this trophy is really annoying.

Update

Finally, I did it differently. Instead of doing another nightmare playthrough, I did the classic playthrough with cheats (didn't want to be bothered with the difficulty and finish as soon as possible the game. I assume that entirely) and picked up all weapons, especially the sniper rifle from the chapter 3.
So you have to pick up the sniper rifle from chapter 3 or you will avoid the trophy for good on your playthrough file.

Edited by Mystic_Snake