Slayaway Camp Trophy Thoughts

Dwightsarmy14

Apparently it's something from Steam (no surprise..), but seams like it got quite a lot of positive reviews there, so it should be decent.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530390/Slayaway_Camp/

Edit: after reading a bit seams like it's an horror puzzle game. I guess that I will keep an eye on it's price tag..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

Huh, thought this was a multiplayer game, but seeing as it's a single player game... I might look into it when it gets released.  I mean, I do like me my horror, and puzzles are pretty awesome too.  So combining the two where it makes it look like you're the killer... yeah, call me interested.

I mean I know some YouTubers have played it, I just haven't watched them play it is all.  But yeah, will give it a go I think, depending on price and all that.

Edit: Okay, watching Markiplier's one of it... and yes, it looks very interesting so far:

Edited by DrakeHellsing

11 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

I played the game originally when it came out on Steam, and had a blast with it! Like others have previously mentioned, the references and trophy names are pretty superb. I will definitely pick up this title, and platinum it when I can.

Do you know if, unlocking killers from the mystery box increases with each turn? As in, first time I'm aware is 1,000, but after that, does it stay at 1,000? Or does it increase by 1,000 each time?

I'm assuming that 666 characters to kill will be a small grind.

10 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Do you know if, unlocking killers from the mystery box increases with each turn? As in, first time I'm aware is 1,000, but after that, does it stay at 1,000? Or does it increase by 1,000 each time?

I'm assuming that 666 characters to kill will be a small grind.

If I remember correctly, the prices never changed for the mystery box in the same way that they never changed for the different kill packs. And 666 kills should come naturally from playing through all of the main levels, if not it is relatively a small grind. Some levels are straightforward and have multiple people that can be offed in a short amount of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawless_Llama said:

If I remember correctly, the prices never changed for the mystery box in the same way that they never changed for the different kill packs. And 666 kills should come naturally from playing through all of the main levels, if not it is relatively a small grind. Some levels are straightforward and have multiple people that can be offed in a short amount of time.

Ah, that's all good to hear then.  I assume that the coins themselves would be a small grind at the very least? Or... not so much as well?

Either way, I am looking forward to playing this, looks like so much fun.  Hopefully the price on PSN wont be so bad.

@DrakeHellsing

On one of the steam forum topics a while back, there was a discussion on the number of coins that were earned after completing each level. More coins can be earned at the end of each level by successfully pushing a button at the correct time, but it was only a small increase. The developer of the game had responded by saying that they would be working on some ways to farm coins more efficiently. While the price of killers and moves never changed, the grind for coins was still slowish. 

They did make some changes which should be present in the PS4 release whenever it releases! I know I will definitely be purchasing this...on top of the other cool games coming out this month xD

Here's a link to a forum post about one of the good grinding spots in the game: https://steamcommunity.com/app/530390/discussions/1/312265589446190219/ (Happy hunting!)

Edited by Lawless_Llama

I do know of which button pushing game you're talking about, as I've watched some videos on this game, so I do have a rough idea.  But yeah, hopefully I'll keep that in mind for whenever it releases, which I do hope is tomorrow, or this week in general, which would be nice :D

Not many games I'm after, this one, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (it's on sale is why) and later on when we get it over here, Steven Universe: Save the Light... so yeah, some for me, not as many xD

• Like 1

I smiled immensely at these just based on their name alone (because I love Stephen King):

Graveyard Shift
Complete Slayaway Camp 7 "Office Hours".

Lawnmower Man
Unlock the gorepack called Party's Over

Love the references to band's music (is what I'd assume to be):

Iron Maiden's- Number of the Beast

Number of the Best
Kill 666 victims across all Slayaway Camp movies.

Faster Pussycat the band perhaps? Might be wrong on this one..

Faster, Pussycat!
Get through a level with a cat without killing it.

Overall a very cool horror-themed list (I may have missed some that went under these categories that intrigued me because I was so excited by the list) They may have sold me once this game goes on sale. I could see it being plus at some point though.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:25 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

This game is really fun, the puzzles are great and the style is amazing.

The grind here at the end to get 666 kills and enough coins to buy anything is mind numbingly boring.

What is the quickest way to get the 666 kills? Is there a certain level you know of that is quick to finish with a good amount of enemies? And do you know if playing the DLC movies count towards it?

22 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

What is the quickest way to get the 666 kills? Is there a certain level you know of that is quick to finish with a good amount of enemies? And do you know if playing the DLC movies count towards it?

The deleted scenes and nc-17 levels count because I got my trophy during one of them.

i just kept playing everything I had until it popped.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

Just started playing this and laughing my ass off. If you're a fan of slashers or a gorehound, get this.

The trophy names are a bit meh for me by the way. There's lots of movie references, but not to the classic slashers that obviously inspired this game. The Bees, Fire Walk With Me, Slay It Again, Sam, Milton's Revenge. I mean, I get the references, but those are not horror movies. I was hoping for more like Maniac Cop, My Bloody Valentine, Rest in Pieces (assuming it's a reference to Pieces). You know, classic 80s horror.

I'm not far yet, but I hope Angela is in this game as a playable character, with the game being named Slayaway Camp and everything. ?