Because of major glitches I wasn't the first to beat game

dimewoods

StarCrunch the original poster expects us to shower them with sympathy for, by their own volition, staying up all night and getting trophies. We aren't saying that the game glitches are acceptable, just that acting like a child that wasn't given it's candy is what we are taking exception with.   And then on top of that saying taketwo is liable for compensating them for that time. We aren't a community that panders to cry babies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

I think a part of it is that it's almost expected from the series and the publisher. I'd just avoid this series in the future tbh. Support those who make games you enjoy.

Agreed. 2Ks support is absolute shit. I gave up on WWE 2K16 because my online trophies glitched. It has been written on this site many times before how each iteration of this series has issues and 2k releases it anyway.

I feel for the OP, I really do, but 2K got your money already. Based on my experience you will not get anything, especially anything resembling satisfaction for hardships endured.

“Broken games” are not the norm, as some people seem to think here, every game has glitches but it’s stupid to say they’re broken, seeing as there’s no game thats 100% Bug free guys. Glitches are acceptable to an extent. 

12 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Agreed. 2Ks support is absolute shit. I gave up on WWE 2K16 because my online trophies glitched. It has been written on this site many times before how each iteration of this series has issues and 2k releases it anyway.

I feel for the OP, I really do, but 2K got your money already. Based on my experience you will not get anything, especially anything resembling satisfaction for hardships endured.

Lol 2K does great, You ever wonder if maybe it’s you guys that are the problem?

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Buying a game at release nowadays is basically (not in all cases) publishers selling you a broken, unfunctional product. And being fully aware of it. (Google the term "known shippable" in the game industry)

In many countries this is llegal for physical goods in stores.

Physical game copies are still treated as software and the reason that software can be fixed post release is probably why the law doesnt care about it to much yet.

Edited by thekiffer21

38 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

“Broken games” are not the norm, as some people seem to think here, every game has glitches but it’s stupid to say they’re broken, seeing as there’s no game thats 100% Bug free guys. Glitches are acceptable to an extent. 

Lol 2K does great, You ever wonder if maybe it’s you guys that are the problem?

I have 210 Platinums of which at least 60 have online trophies. I've  only had online issues with Defiance(whose issues with online DLC trophies are well documented) and WWE 2K16. In fact, I have the platinum for WWE 2K14.

SO to answer your question; in WWE 2K16 I played every match type 3 times and had over 276 matches won with no trophies earned. I got a message after every match that I got a disconnect penalty even when no one disconnected.

No, I am pretty sure my game was fucked up. All 2K did was run me in circles until the servers closed.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Games that don't work properly sucks, but unless something was different than advertised I don't see you getting your money back.

Well considering it is a WWE game...and they are known for being riddled with bugs...I say he did get what is advertised ^_^ It is the same as posts complaining about Bethesda games not working :P

wwe-13-glitch-o.gif

DQZYefK.gif

funny-game-glitch-wrestling_zps48730ba2.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chester said:

Just so you know I have a MacBook that runs autocorrect lmao so try again before calling me illiterate

Not that it really matters, but let me leave a comment on this. I just want to make sure that you are aware of that you have a plethora of flaws in the following (preceding) comment, and that your MacBook's automatic data validation function does not autocorrect everything - no offence. I just want to help. ?

The gameplay is glitches not the trophies.

I have not experienced one glitch in this game that affects a trophies, as for the player who says about glitches, these things happen with most games in this day and age, and unfortunately is the norm with most 2K games as well, these forum posts for glitches are created every year, as for the community, its no different to anywhere else, if you're going to complain about the community sucks because they have a different view to something than you, then good luck to you.

That might be one of the longest sentences I've ever read. How to split it up? Put full stops, not commas. This site can you give a good explanation of how and when to use commas.

It's the gameplay that has glitches, not the trophies. I have not experienced one glitch in this game that had an effect on the trophies. For the player who utters himself about these glitches, these things happen with most games in this day and age. Unfortunately, that has become a norm with most of 2K's games. These forum posts regarding glitches are created every year. I didn't get this sentence, but I'm guessing you wanted to say the following: This community is no different to any other, so if you're going to complain and convey that the community sucks because they have a different point of view than you, then good luck to you.

Edited by gameoncomrade

5 hours ago, Chester said:

Just so you know I have a MacBook that runs autocorrect lmao so try again before calling me illiterate

Your MacBook with autocorrect has no relevance to your personal literacy level whatsoever. It just shows you have the ability to run spellcheck software (and badly too I might add) on an overpriced and under functional computer, the name drop of which I imagine is often attempted to be used in a similar way people of a certain disposition often buy a high powered sports car then drive around 30mph zones. 

Just saying. 

15 hours ago, ThatDragonCancer said:

StarCrunch the original poster expects us to shower them with sympathy for, by their own volition, staying up all night and getting trophies. We aren't saying that the game glitches are acceptable, just that acting like a child that wasn't given it's candy is what we are taking exception with.   And then on top of that saying taketwo is liable for compensating them for that time. We aren't a community that panders to cry babies. 

Yes - that's clearly my expectation. Also, I'm not the "original poster". 

I couldn't care less about this guy's efforts to be first with trophies. Literally, I don't care at all. What I care about is that he bought a glitch-riddled game. In virtually any other market, he would be entitled to either a fix, or compensation for his loss. But for whatever reason, this is video games, so you just take it up the ass, but next time, you don't give them your money. The fact that he stayed up all night getting trophies has zero to do with this. You can make fun of it, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the consumer deserves a fix for a broken product, or a degree of compensation for it.

Does he deserve a full refund? Of course not. If I bought a house, and the construction crew forgot to put in a toilet paper holder, I don't get to gain a full refund of my purchase price. If I go out and put that toilet paper holder into the bathroom, I don't lose the right to that compensation. But for whatever reason, gamers side with the publishers on this, throwing out rationalizations like "Oh, every game has glitches" (or, apparently, drawing distinction between "game glitches" and "trophy glitches", whatever those may be). Hence the tongue-in-cheek remark about shills, because honestly, I don't get it.

Not that anyone cares, but to give you a personal example, I bought a game on sale called Apotheon. I finished the game. It was a glitch-riddled nightmare, crashing on me over 100 times during the course of my plat run. I tried to get a refund (to no avail), and ultimately bit the bullet and finished it. But be damned sure that I believe, to this very day, that I deserved recompense for this product. That's not "a child that wasn't given it's[sic] candy". 

Make fun of his trophy habits all you want. But stop equating this with the very real problem of buying games with glitches, and getting nothing in return. 

12 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Not that it really matters, but let me leave a comment on this. I just want to make sure that you are aware of that you have a plethora of flaws in the following (preceding) comment, and that your MacBook's automatic data validation function does not autocorrect everything - no offence. I just want to help. ?

That might be one of the longest sentences I've ever read. How to split it up? Put full stops, not commas. This site can you give a good explanation of how and when to use commas.

It's the gameplay that has glitches, not the trophies. I have not experienced one glitch in this game that had an effect on the trophies. For the player who utters himself about these glitches, these things happen with most games in this day and age. Unfortunately, that has become a norm with most of 2K's games. These forum posts regarding glitches are created every year. I didn't get this sentence, but I'm guessing you wanted to say the following: This community is no different to any other, so if you're going to complain and convey that the community sucks because they have a different point of view than you, then good luck to you.

Again, that wasn't the intention of my remark. Certainly, the guy's post wasn't Tolstoy or anything, but I could read it. The interesting thing here is the fact that he got so bent out of shape over the insult, even though in the same breath he was claiming that asking for some courtesy from a supposed community of gamers is wrongheaded.

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well considering it is a WWE game...and they are known for being riddled with bugs...I say he did get what is advertised ^_^ It is the same as posts complaining about Bethesda games not working :P

Bethesda is the one that really pops into my head here, because people have legitimate complaints about it, but are shouted down in much the same manner as is found here. 

Also, I was sad to delete your images. They were hilarious.

Edited by starcrunch061

9 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Bethesda is the one that really pops into my head here, because people have legitimate complaints about it, but are shouted down in much the same manner as is found here. 

Also, I was sad to delete your images. They were hilarious.

I think the problem with people who complain about Bethesda games rush out and buy the game at launch when that company is KNOWN for having horrible game breaking glitches. It is kind of the old adage "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me". I mean you can't keep going back to Bethseda games and complaining they are broken.  Either you have to accept the glitches OR wait to buy the game. 

Now that being said I don't think we should give Bethesda (or any company) a pass with glitches. I remember my brother getting reamed out on a forum board because he didn't know about a Half Life 2 glitch where you had to jump before the elevator stopped or else you would be stuck (or something like that). I mean it is one thing to say "Well it is a Bethesda/R*/2K game it will have glitches" and another thing to tear someone apart for not knowing a work around to a glitch...that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

So yeah we should speak with our wallets. Every game will have glitches (that is a sad fact) but when developers put out broken game after broken game we shouldn't buy it at launch. Maybe wait for a sale or buy it use. Then make sure the developers know what you are doing. Tweet them saying "won't be buying your game because of...list reasons." If they get enough messages like that and their sales decline they will fix it next time.

But as for deleting those images...yeah WWE games have awesome glitches :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yes - that's clearly my expectation. Also, I'm not the "original poster". 

I read it like he was addressing you and then explaining their interpretation of what the original poster (not you) wanted. Like as if there was a comma or colon after your name. I don't know that it matters a whole lot, but maybe it makes a little less adversarial?

For what it's worth, I don't think this community is all that bad. But I do get a lot less, hm... emotionally involved in online communities than I used to, so maybe it's just a matter of perspective. Guess I'm getting old.