Mein Leben Runs.

41 minutes ago, closertim said:

Attempt 33 - chapter 4, New York

Attempt 34 - chapter 11, Venus.

Attempt 35 - chapter 12, final boss fight.  I'm so mad right now!

Keep at it, mate! You're almost there!

I haven't played the game myself but I check this thread out every now and then to see people's progress etc. I might give it a go one day.

You can do it!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, closertim said:

Attempt 33 - chapter 4, New York

Attempt 34 - chapter 11, Venus.

Attempt 35 - chapter 12, final boss fight.  I'm so mad right now!

You're getting closer and I'm looking forward to seeing you complete ML. For the final fight, I am not sure what your strat is, but I found hiding behind the crates underneath and shooting either direction is good for the foot soldiers before killing the 2 robots. I have never been successful running to the ladder.

I'm sure you know your shortcomings, but hopefully you succeed soon. Don't get frustrated mate, get it done :shakefist:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TriadThunder-X said:

You're getting closer and I'm looking forward to seeing you complete ML. For the final fight, I am not sure what your strat is, but I found hiding behind the crates underneath and shooting either direction is good for the foot soldiers before killing the 2 robots. I have never been successful running to the ladder.

I'm sure you know your shortcomings, but hopefully you succeed soon. Don't get frustrated mate, get it done :shakefist:

Cheers man, my strat is to run to that ladder, which is kinda risky, but I’ve practiced  alot and I have a good success rate, the issue I had today was the first set of super soldiers that popped up. Normally they only take 1-3 shots with the upgraded shotgun but for some reason the first one took 5 or 6. I eventually got rid of them, then was waiting for the next set but a random soldier got behind me and took half my life, when I turned round to get him the other set of super soldiers came in from behind me and shot me to bits. Basically it all just turned to shit. I may look into a safer strat because that was heartbreak. 

Edited by closertim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I come here every few weeks just to see if closertim finally got it done. The persistence of this man is seriously motivating. This is the kind of dedication I want to have whenever I finally tackle VVVVVV.

Persistence always wins at the end!!!

• Like 2

I've got all the trophies besides the harder difficulty ones playing on Bring 'Em On. I'm now doing an I Am Death Incarnate playthrough while following a guide for Mein Leben strategies. I'll obviously have to go back and practice specific areas, so anyone got advice on where to spend the limited amount of manual saves?

Edited by disaster500

18 minutes ago, disaster500 said:

I've got all the trophies besides the harder difficulty ones playing on Bring 'Em On. I'm now doing an I Am Death Incarnate playthrough while following a guide for Mein Leben strategies. I'll obviously have to go back and practice specific areas, so anyone got advice on where to spend the limited amount of manual saves?

I described my save file strategy in this post:

• Like 1

1. Start of the wheelchair chair

2. New York, chapter 4

3. Roswell, chapter 6

4. Courtroom, chapter 8

5. New York bunker,  chapter 9. Very easy chapter once you get used to it.  

6. New Orleans, chapter 10

7. Venus, chapter 11

8. Ausmerzer 2, chapter 12.

I highly recommend going for the chapter 2 and 5 glitch skip. Both easy enough to pull off. You might want to split the roswell and new orleans chapters as both are long or making a chapter 3 and 7 save as well. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, closertim said:

Attempt 39 - New Orleans, near the end again. 

Attempt 40 - Chapter 12, second to last boss fight. Climbed the small ladder to a shotgun to the face. Silly mistake. 

Attempt 41 - Chapter 4, New York. Something about this chapter for me. Didn’t have my silenced machine guns equipped and got alerted. Tried to rush to the checkpoint but got gunned down. 

Attempt 42  - Chapter 1, the bit where you go down the pipes and there’s 4 guys down there. Lately my strat there has been turning to shit. 

Attempt 43. - Complete. Finally it’s done. Had a few sketchy moments with the final chapter again, but finally held my nerve and got it done. Only had 44 health while climbing that ladder but somehow made it. 

Quick review - This game in my opinion is pretty much perfect. I’ve had so much fun playing this game. Sure it made me a nervous wreck at times , but the story, gameplay just everything is sooooo good. Mein leben difficulty is probably the best bit about this game, as you can see it made me have a few playthrough, and never did those cut scenes get boring. Favourite one would be the Venus cutscene. 

Anyway, I wonder who’s next on this journey…

Congratulations Tim, hope someone can take your journey as an inspiration to push on :yay:

• Like 2