Let's Play Kingdom Hearts

Can I get someone to confirm, the best play order for these games is to just work down the list as presented in 1.5/2.5 disc on the PS4 right? I'm planning on getting back into these soon and just figuring out the order they are meant to be played. If it matters I have finished 1 and 2 a long time ago but never played any of the other games.

9 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Can I get someone to confirm, the best play order for these games is to just work down the list as presented in 1.5/2.5 disc on the PS4 right? I'm planning on getting back into these soon and just figuring out the order they are meant to be played. If it matters I have finished 1 and 2 a long time ago but never played any of the other games.

I think you can safely play them in that order. It's not the exact chronological order as Birth by Sleep would go before KH1 but everything else should be in chronological order. Days is a bit of a question where to put it in the order but personally, I think, that the beginning of KH2 makes more of an emotional impact if you have watched Days before playing KH2. Playing from KH1 onwards has the bonus that you get the clunkiest gameplay out of the way earlier before getting used to refined gameplay and controls :D
So in short: Either start with Birth by Sleep and then continue the list down or start with KH1 but then remember that BBS plays before everything else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I think you can safely play them in that order. It's not the exact chronological order as Birth by Sleep would go before KH1 but everything else should be in chronological order. Days is a bit of a question where to put it in the order but personally, I think, that the beginning of KH2 makes more of an emotional impact if you have watched Days before playing KH2. Playing from KH1 onwards has the bonus that you get the clunkiest gameplay out of the way earlier before getting used to refined gameplay and controls :D
So in short: Either start with Birth by Sleep and then continue the list down or start with KH1 but then remember that BBS plays before everything else.

Ok great, thanks for that I'll figure out what I'm doing eventually

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the emblems for the people who have earned plats in the last couple of weeks:

@soultaker655

Spoiler

6XQ1rBi.png

@AUSTRALIANDJ

Spoiler

MAcMBzK.png

@sephiroth4424

Spoiler

bSgVPp2.pngaKIdR8B.png

@BoNaa-FiDee

Spoiler

k9ZxgjT.png

Great job to all of you. We're now in the year of Kingdom Hearts 3 so it's time to get excited!

@masaru-san  @Vermachtnis So sorry that it took so long to get you added. You've both been added to the OP. Welcome to the event and enjoy!

On 12/18/2017 at 1:03 AM, Dessane said:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories 

Kingdom Hearts 2 

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days 

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 

Kingdom Hearts re:Coded

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance 

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage 

Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover 

That is the recommended order to play the series in.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:14 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

I've finished KH2, so i'm done with all 6 games in 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (again). I don't have the 2.8 Remix yet.I was hoping Sony would do a good discount in the January Sales (that's why i played KH the last month) but they had other plans.I don't worry about the deadline though,it's KH3 :giggle:

Congrats! You flew through those. I'll get you those other two medals as soon as possible.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This thread has been awfully quiet lately (which is partly my fault so I apologize). Has anyone made progress lately? I'm working though Birth by Sleep right now and am nearly done with Aqua's reports and it hasn't been too bad. I know I'll regret saying that when I do Terra and Ventus's but for now it's smooth sailing. 

Here are some new emblems:

@sephiroth4424

Spoiler

l4eiO9x.pngqImhL6g.png

@masaru-san

Spoiler

FQ1gyC2.png

There was also a new trailer for KH3 that released last week. I'll link it in the OP and in this post for those who haven't seen it yet. Feel free to have some discussion over the contents of it. Personally I was 

Spoiler

really excited to see Marluxia back. i believe he'll be trying to get the original Organization back together which could be interesting. I'd love to have data fights for both organizations cause I love the boss fights. 

I really need to get back on Birth by Sleep.

Spoiler

I've already completed the Critical runs for everyone and got Critical Competitor, I just need to do the grind through Beginner for each of them (and try the battle level glitch to get Ventus and Terra a place to grind levels fast so I can get them to Level 99 and a fighting chance against the super-bosses) but so far Ventus hasn't reached Radiant Garden yet. *sigh*

And thanks for posting the D23 trailers on this page, Kent. I've already seen them and they look l33t. Here's hoping for more info at E3! :D

Edited by CJ_Mystery

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I'd love to have data fights for both organizations cause I love the boss fights. 

26 boss fights with 16 bars of health and super-powerful attacks that can one-shot you in Critical Mode? If I have to do that, I am doing it in Beginner Mode, which I pray they don't abolish! All in all, I hope the trophy list is reasonable. Right now I am waiting on Secret of Mana. ;)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I have to purchase the 2.8 collection.It's a bit pricey for a remaster and half a game,so i'll wait until easter sales.But tbh,i don't think i'll complete the event.I read again the first post and i saw the deadline.If SE do the same thing they did with FFXV (many dlcs),i'll wait for a complete edition before getting KH3

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I have to purchase the 2.8 collection.It's a bit pricey for a remaster and half a game,so i'll wait until easter sales.But tbh,i don't think i'll complete the event.I read again the first post and i saw the deadline.If SE do the same thing they did with FFXV (many dlcs),i'll wait for a complete edition before getting KH3

Hopefully there will be no DLCs. As I said in the OP, if there is an interest (or in this case DLC making people get the game later on) I'll extend the deadline. It's meant to be fun so I want as many people to complete the event without having to rush through. 

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Monster Inc. and Toy Story are ruining the game, those worlds should be cut from the game :awesome: .

They're better than whatever Darkwing Duck is :awesome:.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Monster Inc. and Toy Story are ruining the game, those worlds should be cut from the game :awesome: .

Let's start a anti-Pixar rebellion before they announce Finding Dory/Nemo's world as one of the worlds in the game. It'll be KHFM Atlantica all over again. :D

But to be honest, I think I'll probably enjoy those worlds even though I don't like the movies. I didn't like The Little Mermaid but Kingdom Hearts made me love it.

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

Let's start a anti-Pixar rebellion before they announce Finding Dory/Nemo's world as one of the worlds in the game. It'll be KHFM Atlantica all over again. :D

But to be honest, I think I'll probably enjoy those worlds even though I don't like the movies. I didn't like The Little Mermaid but Kingdom Hearts made me love it.

But you just said you hated Atlantica.

3 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

A tempting offer, but I think if you use all your accounts you'd have more than enough to convince SE and Disney to remove all the Pixar worlds from KH :awesome: .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

A tempting offer, but I think if you use all your accounts you'd have more than enough to convince SE and Disney to remove all the Pixar worlds from KH :awesome: .

It's comments like these that make me wish we could give more than one like to a post :awesome:.

• Like 3

Hey @Kent10201, would I be able to sign up please? I'm planning on starting Kingdom Hearts as apart of The Love Boat event and, seeing as though I'll be playing them for a while, I thought it would be great to get in on this :D! I have both the PS4 and PS3 versions and the 2.8 game as well, so I'm pretty ready to start them now :)!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey @Kent10201, would I be able to sign up please? I'm planning on starting Kingdom Hearts as apart of The Love Boat event and, seeing as though I'll be playing them for a while, I thought it would be great to get in on this :D! I have both the PS4 and PS3 versions and the 2.8 game as well, so I'm pretty ready to start them now :)!

Of course you can join! I've added you to the OP, have fun and enjoy a great series. If you need any tips just ask here :D.

• Like 1