Winter 2017/18 Backlog Challenge

1. Witcher 3 - 25% 21/79 --> 40% 35/79

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 19% 19/79

3. LEGO Star Wars: The force awakens - 21% 19/70 --> 38% 30/70

4. Darksiders Warmastered edition - 25% 16/43

5.Cities: Skylines 96% 42/45 --> 100% 45/45

Finished the story of Witcher 3 and now trying to fix some of the extra-trophies before starting on the DLCs. I'm having huuuge problems with the game crashing from time to time. Makes it hard to really get stuck in it and enjoying the game. But, if I didn't like it as much as I do I would've given up ages ago. Apparently some issue with PS4-pro and Witcher 3. I figured out it dies when I inspect something and try to sell it while inspecting, but it crashes at random times too. So we will see if I've got it in me to play through it again. I hope I can manage the DLCs at least.

Also did some progress in LEGO Star Wars: The force awakens. Playing it with a friend so just small updates, hoping to complete a few more trophies in it next week depending on how our school schedule matches. :)

I'm really tempted to just give up on Witcher and start Horizon, will see! :)

Good job everyone on working through your lists! Doing really well :D

• Like 2

Crash Bandicoot 2 - 25/25 (100%) :platinum:

Crash Bandicoot Warped - 0/25 (0%)

de Blob 2 - 0/26 (0%)

Transistor - 0/34 (0%)

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People 

• Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner - 0/14 (0%)
  • Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough - 0/14 (0%)

Demon's Souls - 38/38 (100%) :platinum:

Back to the Future (PS3)

• Episode 1: It's About Time - 12/12 (100%) :gold:
  • Episode 2: Get Tannen - 0/11 (0%) >> 11/11 (100%) :gold:
  • Episode 3: Citizen Brown - 0/11 (0%) >> 11/11 (100%) :gold:
  • Episode 4: Double Visions - 0/13 (0%) >> 13/13 (100%) :gold:
  • Episode 5: OUTATIME - 0/12 (0%) >> 12/12 (100%) :gold:

Metro: Last Light Redux - 0/50 (0%)

Completed all five episodes of Back to the Future! I had a ton of fun with this one! The Back to the Future trilogy have been my favorite movies for ages, and this Telltale series was a great addition. I played the first two episodes back when they came out years ago (obviously not on my PS3) but never did finish the series. I'm glad I finally got around to it. It may be my favorite of all the Telltale games I've played.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@Liioni Good luck on Witcher!  Hope you are able to wrap that one up without too many more crashes.  That is a beautiful game and I really want to get back to that one.

Thank you! I am actually thinking of maybe borrowing a standard PS4 from a friend just so I can play through it without pulling all my hair out. (Yes, it is seriously that bad). A few days ago it crashed on me 8 times during one gaming session.

I do love the game though! I had this thought that I had to play for a few hours every time i started it to really be able to enjoy the story, that made me not play it at all instead. (Rarely had the time for a few hour gaming sessions). But I've finally realized it actually works out well playing for just small amounts of time too. The story is really good!

On 12/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, Kishnabe said:

This time will surely be a 100% success...

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (10%)
  2. YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (25%)
  3. Dragon Quest Builders Vita ( 3%)
  4. Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 8%)
  5. Gravity Rush (2%)
  6. Gravity Rush Remastered ( 0%)
  7. Gravity Rush 2 (0%)
  8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 (5%)
  9. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness Vita (100%  January 1st)
  10. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 ( 100% December 31st )

Progress:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (12%)

Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 22%)

YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (27%)

Completed YSVIII Lacrimosa of Dana

• Like 3

On 12/04/2017 at 3:45 PM, SpellbladeKnight said:

1) Bastion (22%)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>100%

2) Machinarium (0%)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>100%

3) Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (0%)>>>>>>>>>100%

4) Muramasa Rebirth (0%)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>56%

5) One Piece Unlimited World Red (0%)>>>>>>>>>>>>98%

Update 5: Usually don't do mid game updates, but figured I'd do one in light of Platting Muramasa Rebirth. The base game was really fun and really challenging. For doing the Fury mode playthroughs on 1hp, I had to learn the bosses down to a science. The game's awesome though. Great visuals, great combat, great story. I do wish each boss had their own special music instead of the generic but it didn't hurt the game. Will tackle all the DLC and try to 100% in the coming weeks :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Lastly, started and completed Danganronpa 1-2 Reload. I was rather underwhelmed with these games. After seeing them placed alongside the Zero Escape games so often, I was expecting fantastic things.... but they aren't anywhere near as excellent. Not terrible, but not fantastic.

Yeah, the series is slightly hollow in some aspects. But personally I didn't go in expecting a masterpiece. After doing prep research I knew Danganronpa had the potential to be good but not stellar. So yeah, I kinda agree: not terrible, but not fantastic.

Edited by SpellbladeKnight

2/2/2018 Update:

XBlaze Lost 100%

Psycho Pass 100%

Syberia 100%

Hatoful Boyfriend 100%

Syberia II 100%

Batman TT 100%

South Park: SoT

Syberia a very enjoyable game. Same controls and wonkiness as Syberia II, but still a nice story.  With that being said, I think I'll add South Park: The Stick of Truth to my list.

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 4

A little weekend update:

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
L.A Noire 13% > 22%
Chaos Child 4 17%
Amnesia collection 1%
Darksiders 2: deathinitive edition 12%
FF VII 100%
Haotu Boyfriend 100%
Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice 100%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 100%

Solved a few cases and knocked out a few misc trophies in LA Noire. I love the game but sometimes mechanically it's a bit archaic for my liking, that kind of fits in with the slow plodding nature of being a detective and helps build tension, but I don't like too much time wasting. I hope to plat it over the coming week and work some more on Chaos child.

• Like 2

New update!

Playstation 4

• Assassin’s Creed Origins: 95% (56/59) —> 100% (59/59)
  • The Sims 4: 16% (10/51) —> 22% (14/51)
  • Journey: 9% (2/14)
  • Persona 5: 17% (12/49)
  • The Escapist: the Walking Dead: 1% (1/25)

Vita

• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 7% (5/38) —> 14% (10/38)

I got the 100% in Assassin’s Creed Origins this week! I really liked the game although getting the platinum and 100% dragged on a bit too long. 

Continued Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on Vita and all most finished the main story. I’m really enjoying it so far and hope to get the Platinum this week. Not sure how long it will take me to get it, but I think I’ll have some free time to spend this week to do it ? 

• Like 2

1. Witcher 3 - 40% 35/79 --> 63% 51/79

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 19% 19/79

3. LEGO Star Wars: The force awakens - 38% 30/70

4. Darksiders Warmastered edition - 25% 16/43

5.Cities: Skylines 96% 42/45 --> 100% 45/45

I've played a lot of Witcher 3 lately, I managed to fix part of the crashing by limiting the size of the information-tabs. So I played through one of the DLC, I lack one of the trophies from that one, and I am planning on starting on the next one this week. Because of the crashing-issues I have had with Witcher I'm pretty sure I will not have time for all the other games. Trying to decide if I should focus on Horizon or Darksiders next. I did get bored of Darksiders because it felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again, but I'm thinking I could move Horizon to the next event. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, Fanatixa1 said:

Continued Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on Vita and all most finished the main story. I’m really enjoying it so far and hope to get the Platinum this week. Not sure how long it will take me to get it, but I think I’ll have some free time to spend this week to do it 1f917.png 

I got the Trigger Happy Havoc plat in 4 days and this was back when the game came out.  It's probably about 20-30 hours total and very straightforward.  Should be no problem for you to get the plat this week unless you end up having no time to play it.

• Like 1

1. 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution 0% 100% (40 out of 40 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution 0% (0 out of 49 trophies)

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 11% 100% (34 out of 34 trophies) 

4. Final Fantasy XIII 4% 30% (15 out of 36 trophies)

5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 0% 100% (33 out of 33 trophies)

6. I Am Setsuna 0% (0 out of 50 trophies)

Total trophies earned: 3 :platinum: 14 :gold: 33 :silver: 61 :bronze: (111 total)

Total: 231 unearned trophies starting off (120 left)

So I realized it's been a while since my last update.  Since my last update I got the plat in Sora no Kiseki FC Evo, which was pretty hard and also took a ton of idling for that play 100 hours trophy.  But that's done and 3 plats is more than I did last challenge, so I'm really glad about that!  Hoping I'll get the FFXIII plat as well and make it 4 before the end of the challenge.

In FFXIII I finally finished chapter 11.  That was definitely a long chapter, but the guide I'm using had me do a lot of optional Cie'th stone missions that I could have waited until post game on, but it's put me at a nice advantage of being seriously overleveled and with a lot of nice stuff and I'm able to win battles I shouldn't be able to win at this point in the game.  So far I've done missions 1-26, 28 and 55.  55 especially was an insane mission to try and tackle this early, but the reward will make getting the Master's Seal trophy much easier since I'll have the growth egg available for chapter 13 when the best spot for CP grinding is available.  I seriously lucked out on mission 55 and actually got it 5 starred on my first try, with the strategy needed this early on, it's mostly luck to win because the strategy boils down to spam death until the mark dies or you die and then slowly pick off its minions while you have two healers healing.  Looks like chapter 12 and 13 aren't nearly as long, so I hopefully will finish the story this weekend and move into the post game grind.

• Like 1

Weekend update

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
L.A Noire 22% > 70%
Chaos Child 17%
Amnesia collection 1%
Darksiders 2: deathinitive edition 12%
FF VII 100%
Haotu Boyfriend 100%
Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice 100%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 100%

Made lots of progress through LA Noire. Having completed the story I loved it. Now to hoover up misc trophies. Confident LA Noire and Chaos Child will be completed before event ends, so 6/10 completion rate at least, much improved from last challenge.

Figure that I should update even though I've hardly been playing anything lately.

MeiQ (7%) ---> :platinum: 100%

The Last Guardian (4%)

Kona (10%) ---> :platinum: 100%

Dark Cloud 2 (4%) ---> 17%

I Am Setsuna (0%)

Don't think I'm going to be finishing this list by the end of February.  Might have to renew a few of these into the Spring Challenge.

Edited by Kevvik

On 12/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, Kishnabe said:

This time will surely be a 100% success...

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (10%)
  2. YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (100% January 31st)
  3. Dragon Quest Builders Vita ( 3%)
  4. Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 8%)
  5. Gravity Rush (2%)
  6. Gravity Rush Remastered ( 0%)
  7. Gravity Rush 2 (0%)
  8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 (5%)
  9. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness Vita (100%  January 1st)
  10. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 ( 100% December 31st )
  11. Dragon Sinker (8%)
  12. Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom (0%)

Progress:

Added: Dragon Sinker, Lost Grimoires

Dragon Quest Heroes up to 25%

Gravity Rush up to 5%

TOCS2 up to 14%

Looking like I will fail this challenge again. Hopefully can finish off DQ Heroes and the easy ones I added in.

8 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

The vehicle challenge was the hardest, wasn't it?

It was tedious, I tried to jump into all vehicles throughout the game so by post game I only had 30 or so to collect, I used the showroom trick to get about 25 of them to spawn, mission select to grab another 3 specific ones and then driving around for hours to get the last few :( While I completed the game in 23 hours, getting the plat took 35.