Winter 2017/18 Backlog Challenge

Merry Christmas nerds!

Been playing with PSVR the last few days (wanted to plat RE7) but started on chaos child last night, vita trophies take ages to sync with server so they wont show up yet. Hope to complete Chaos child before new years and maybe even do a few cheap fast plats as I'd like 100 platinums before 2018.

• Like 2

1. 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution 0% (0 out of 40 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution 0% (0 out of 49 trophies)

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 11% (8 out of 34 trophies)

4. Final Fantasy XIII 4% 23% (11 out of 36 trophies)

5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 0% 100% (33 out of 33 trophies)

6. I Am Setsuna 0% (0 out of 50 trophies)

Total trophies earned: 1 :platinum: 5 :gold: 12 :silver: 23 :bronze: (41 total)

Total: 231 unearned trophies starting off (190 left)

So it's been a bit since I updated and not a ton of progress as far as number of trophies, but I made a very good dent in the storyline of FFXIII by getting to chapter 10 and obtaining the loremaster trophy.  Definitely not too bad of progress made there.

• Like 1

1. Criminal Girls: Invite Only - 7%

2. Hitman - 33% >> 38%

3. Titan Souls - 11%

4. Letter Quest Remastered - 9%

:platinum: 5. Cat Quest >> 100%

Finished my Christmas game [Cat Quest] and although it was fun it was really disappointing as far as story went. Really: there wasn't one. Or more like, there was a hint of a story but that's all. Far too much self-insert by the devs and it even had NPCs telling you to give them comments on Facebook, side quests telling you to download their phone app games and a tiny hint about there being a rival kingdom of dogs that will only appear 'if Cat Quest gets popular enough!'.

The end felt rushed, like they'd got bored of working on it and just wanted to ship it, there's no tying up loose ends, or explanation of what's happened or anything that would constitute a real ending. It's like they wanted to leave it open for a sequel but didn't really know how, so they just cut it at the midway point. Not even a cliffhanger.

It's a good game for little kids as an introduction to games, and it's good for an easy plat, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless it's on sale.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 4

A little headway into Chaos child and Darksiders. Mostly played some off-list games to bring me up to 98 plats, I'd like to make Chaos Child #99 and then thinking FFVII or Okami HD (off list) as #100. I don't see myself getting 100th plat before 2018, but that's ok it's a milestone so I'll try and make it a good one.

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
L.A Noire 13% 
FF VII 4%
Chaos Child 0% > 4%
Amnesia collection 1%
Darksiders 2: deathinitive edition 0% > 12%
Haotu Boyfriend 100%
Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice 100%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 100%

Woo! Post 100! Inching along with Odin Sphere! It's a lot of fun.

Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts (Vita) [IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>2 イグニッション・ハーツ] 0%

Norn9 Var Common (Vita) 0%

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita) 3% --> 31%

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita) 0%

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) 0%

Utawaremono: Mask of Deception (Vita) 0%

Root Letter (Vita) 0%

Update:

PS4

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (100%) :platinum:

- Crash Bandicoot (0%)

- Dishonored: Definitive Edition (0%)

- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (0%)

- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (0% => 100%) :platinum:

- The Surge (0% => 5%)

PS3

- Mass Effect 2 (0%)

Finished LEGO Batman 3 and started on The Surge. Hoping to finish The Surge and Mass Effect 2 soon.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

Update 3: Just got my last Platinum for the year with Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. I did the blind playthrough for the story and it was pretty good. The first class trial had the most impact for me personally since everything was new and I wasn't expecting plot twists that early. Game had an interesting cast and motivations. Truthfully, the game was approximately what I had expected it to be: "good but has room to grow". School Mode took a little extra fortitude tho. Not a bad experience overall. Now, I'll be moving on to "One Piece Unlimited World Red", but as I initially posted, due to one inconvenient trophy I'll be aiming for one trophy shy of the Platinum. Hope the game is fun though.

Great work on your trophies!

• Like 2

1. RWBY: Grimm Eclipse - 5% (4/38 0/0/0/4) --> 22% (13/38 0/0/5/8)

2. Injustice 2 - 13% (9/63 - 0/0/0/9) --> 76% (51/63 - 0/0/1/50)

3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 11% (7/59 0/0/2/5)

4. Valkyria Revolution - 0% (0/28 0/0/0/0) --> 30% (13/28 0/1/3/9)

5. Legend of Korra - 18% (10/31 0/0/2/8)

Total new trophies acquired: 64 (0/1/9/54)

Been away for the last week so yesterday was the first time in a a while since I got to play video games.  Made some more progress on Valkyria Chronicles, but I am still on the initial play through.  To e honest I really am not impressed with this game, which is a shame because I loved the original.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, Kishnabe said:

This time will surely be a 100% success...

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (10%)
  2. YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (25%)
  3. Dragon Quest Builders Vita ( 3%)
  4. Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 8%)
  5. Gravity Rush (2%)
  6. Gravity Rush Remastered ( 0%)
  7. Gravity Rush 2 (0%)
  8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 (5%)
  9. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness Vita (20%)
  10. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (18%)-->( December 31st 100%)

Progress:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (12%)

Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 22%)

YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (27%)

Completed The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

18%-->100%

• Like 4

On 12/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, Kishnabe said:

This time will surely be a 100% success...

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (10%)
  2. YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (25%)
  3. Dragon Quest Builders Vita ( 3%)
  4. Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 8%)
  5. Gravity Rush (2%)
  6. Gravity Rush Remastered ( 0%)
  7. Gravity Rush 2 (0%)
  8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 (5%)
  9. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness Vita (20%)
  10. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 ( 100% December 31st )

Progress:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 VIta (12%)

Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 ( 22%)

YSVIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Vita (27%)

Completed Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness

20%--> 100%

• Like 2

December Progress

3/4 Home - 0/0   0/2   0/2   0/3
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload - 0/1   0/2   0/16   0/26
:platinum: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - 1/1   4/4   3/3   40/40 (Dec 28)
Trails of Cold Steel 2 - 0/1   2/2   8/10   26/38
Unfinished Swan - 0/0   0/2   0/1   0/7
Wolf Among Us - 0/1   0/5   3/5   16/25
:platinum: XBLAZE Code Embryo - 1/1   4/4   8/8   26/26 (Dec 10)
:platinum: XBLAZE Lost Memories - 1/1   5/5   5/5   29/29 (Dec 13)

Totals - 3/5   15/26   27/50   137/194 - 62% (4755 / 7650 points)

Made a really good dent in my progress this month... trying to decide if I want to add more games to this list or finish ones that I've left partially complete before this challenge started ?
I'll probably complete The Wolf Among us in 1-2 days followed by finishing up Trails of Cold Steel within the next 5-7 days. After those are complete, it's time for Danganronpa then the two no-plat games.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 4

Hatoful Boyfriend - 100%

Hotline Miami - 10%

Rain - 30%

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 1%

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 13%

Batman - 100% :platinum:

Flower - 23%

Bully - 25%

Had a good close out to the month with quite a lot of trophies earned and a good start to January. I'll be aiming for 100 platinums this year too (potentially Ni No Kuni, Portal 2 or a new release). Also finished up Gang Beasts, which I've thoroughly enjoyed as a multiplayer game.

Batman is my first plat of 2018 in the year which was my favourite Telltale game so far; definitely dipping in for the sequel.

Time to make some serious headway with South Park and hopefully finish up Rain this week so I can start making moves on Wolverine.

• Like 3

On 12/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, Asvinia said:

1. Criminal Girls: Invite Only - 7%

2. Hitman - 33% >> 38%

3. Titan Souls - 11%

:platinum: 5. Cat Quest >> 100%

Update #3

1. Criminal Girls: Invite Only - 7% >> 32%

2. Hitman - 38%

3. Titan Souls - 11% >> 48%

5. Cat Quest >> 100% :platinum:

Made some good progress in Titan Souls, only got the specific runs to do and I've already cleared the first 4 bosses in Hard Mode + Iron Mode. Criminal Girls is pissing me off though, I might have to do a little grinding just to make the boss easier, RNG can really screw you over.

"What's that player? We're going to die in the next turn? How about we all just try to debuff the boss? Healing? What's that?" Fuck you Yuko.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Criminal Girls is pissing me off though, I might have to do a little grinding just to make the boss easier, RNG can really screw you over.

"What's that player? We're going to die in the next turn? How about we all just try to debuff the boss? Healing? What's that?" Fuck you Yuko.

I loved Criminal Girls but you're right about the RNG stuff, boss battles are needlessly difficult as a result at times. I enjoyed the game overall however, the 2nd one is great too. Well done on your progress.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StilRh said:

I loved Criminal Girls but you're right about the RNG stuff, boss battles are needlessly difficult as a result at times. I enjoyed the game overall however, the 2nd one is great too. Well done on your progress.

Yeah I'm enjoying the game, but RNG is really the only thing that makes it awkward. If the skills weren't RNG and I could pick what I wanted to use the game would be a breeze.

I'm looking forward to getting the second one, thanks ^^

1. 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution 0% 7% (5 out of 40 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution 0% (0 out of 49 trophies)

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 11% 31% (18 out of 34 trophies)

4. Final Fantasy XIII 4% 23% (11 out of 36 trophies)

5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 0% 100% (33 out of 33 trophies)

6. I Am Setsuna 0% (0 out of 50 trophies)

Total trophies earned: 1 :platinum: 5 :gold: 15 :silver: 34 :bronze: (55 total)

Total: 231 unearned trophies starting off (176 left)

Made some great progress in Ni no Kuni and finally beat the game today.  Now I'm just doing the post game grind, and yeah it's a grind.  Have a ton of errands and bounties to do, materials to find for alchemy recipes, familiars to tame, hidden treasures to find etc.  Definitely still a lot to go, but getting the story finished was definitely a huge step towards that plat since now everything is open to me to try and find.

I also started Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution, which is proving to be a harder plat than its sequel was so far.  But the beginning of that game is much harder because your party sucks and a bit of bad luck can wipe the party out and ruin your chances at some trophies.  Definitely going to be a bit slower going in that one, but I'll get there eventually and have at least finished the prologue without any characters being KOed, so now I only have to worry about retries.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

Third update! Been crazy busy over Christmas and New Years so not time for updates, or that much gaming. Managed to grab a few at least. Studying for finals right now, but I'll try to get some gaming time in too! I messed up in Darksiders and confused one trophy with another so I'll have to start a new game later to get it. But it's early in the game so should be fine. Cities: Skylines is a huuuuge grind regarding some of the trophies. But I'm still enjoying it at least! :)

I played some Witcher 3 too, (it was my plan for Christmas to finish it), but I really want to be able to sit down for a few hours when playing it. Will see if I manage to complete it!

1. Witcher 3 - 12% 11/79

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 19% 19/79

3. LEGO Star Wars: The force awakens - 11% 10/70 --> 13% 12/70

4. Darksiders Warmastered edition - 12% 8/43 --> 25% 16/43

5.Cities: Skylines 51% 28/45 --> 61% 34/45

On 03/01/2018 at 5:34 AM, ladynadiad said:

Made some great progress in Ni no Kuni and finally beat the game today.  Now I'm just doing the post game grind, and yeah it's a grind.  Have a ton of errands and bounties to do, materials to find for alchemy recipes, familiars to tame, hidden treasures to find etc.  Definitely still a lot to go, but getting the story finished was definitely a huge step towards that plat since now everything is open to me to try and find.

Man, that grind is really putting off the Ni no Kuni plat!

I've been back a couple of times and when it's running back and forth from the same battle hoping to come across a specific familiar and then hoping it drops a certain item it can be so annoying.

Good luck!