Winter 2017/18 Backlog Challenge

Crash Bandicoot 2 - 0/25 (0%) >> 15/25 (50%)

Crash Bandicoot Warped - 0/25 (0%)

de Blob 2 - 0/26 (0%)

Transistor - 0/34 (0%)

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People 

• Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner - 0/14 (0%)
  • Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective - 0/15 (0%)
  • Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough - 0/14 (0%)

Demon's Souls - 0/38 (0%)

Back to the Future (PS3)

• Episode 1: It's About Time - 0/12 (0%)
  • Episode 2: Get Tannen - 0/11 (0%)
  • Episode 3: Citizen Brown - 0/11 (0%)
  • Episode 4: Double Visions - 0/13 (0%)
  • Episode 5: OUTATIME - 0/12 (0%)

Metro: Last Light Redux - 0/50 (0%)

Haven't done much yet because I've been busy and also I got distracted by the new Destiny 2 DLC lol. Should be done with Crash 2 in a day or two, depending on how long the gold time trial relics take. 

• Like 2

1. 英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evolution 0% (0 out of 40 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution 0% (0 out of 49 trophies)

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 11% (8 out of 34 trophies)

4. Final Fantasy XIII 4% 5% (4 out of 36 trophies)

5. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 0% 100% (33 out of 33 trophies)

6. I Am Setsuna 0% (0 out of 50 trophies)

Total trophies earned: 1 :platinum: 4 :gold: 12 :silver: 17 :bronze:

Total: 231 unearned trophies starting off (197 left)

First update for me!  I started and finished Zero Time Dilemma, which was a pretty easy and fun plat.  Also I earned a whole 1 trophy in FFXIII.  Will be playing more FFXIII since I'm hoping to get that out of its current E ranking before the end of the year and from the looks of things, that's going to take story completion.

• Like 1

FF type 0 16% > 19%
World of FF 15%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 0% > 6%
L.A Noire 13%
FF VII 4%
Haotu Boyfriend 0%
Chaos Child 0%
Amnesia collection 1%
Darksiders 2: deathinitive edition 0%
Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice 100%

Made a tiny bit of progress on FF type 0 and started Dishonored DOTO, had loads of work last week and will be same next week, should get some good gaming time when my holidays start.

• Like 1

A slow week of play, only a few trophies for Odin Sphere to report.

Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts (Vita) [IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>2 イグニッション・ハーツ] 0%

Norn9 Var Common (Vita) 0%

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita) 0% --> 3%

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita) 0%

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) 0%

Utawaremono: Mask of Deception (Vita) 0%

Root Letter (Vita) 0%

On 12/04/2017 at 3:45 PM, SpellbladeKnight said:

1) Bastion (22%)

2) Machinarium (0%)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>100%

3) Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (0%)

4) Muramasa Rebirth (0%)

5) One Piece Unlimited World Red (0%)

Update 1: I completed Machinarium, which was a pretty short game. Pretty short and pretty decent. Nice art and light, silent story telling. No platinum though.I figured I'd get the easiest game out of the way first. Now it's time to start hunting those platinums.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

Update 1: I completed Machinarium, which was a pretty short game. Pretty short and pretty decent. Nice art and light, silent story telling. No platinum though.I figured I'd get the easiest game out of the way first. Now it's time to start hunting those platinums.

Good luck with Muramasa Rebirth's 100%.  Base game alone needs 5 playthroughs unless you get the speedrun one on your first run.  The DLC takes quite a bit of time as well because you need two playthroughs on those and on one you have to beat all the bosses from the main game and the evil caves four times and two DLCs require speedruns.  It's not an easy plat or 100%.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Good luck with Muramasa Rebirth's 100%.

Thanks. I'm aware that it's a challenging plat. I looked up the guide and trophy roadmap already. It will likely be the hardest plat on my list. But I figured it might be doable. My only concern is my Vita's drifting analog stick. I imagine muramasa requires split second accuracy, so I'm worried my hardware will work against me, especially on Fury mode when I'll only have 1hp. I wanted this game to be my 30th platinum but I'm thinking maybe I should save this game for last so I don't burn out midway. But thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

Thanks. I'm aware that it's a challenging plat. I looked up the guide and trophy roadmap already. It will likely be the hardest plat on my list. But I figured it might be doable. My only concern is my Vita's drifting analog stick. I imagine muramasa requires split second accuracy, so I'm worried my hardware will work against me, especially on Fury mode when I'll only have 1hp. I wanted this game to be my 30th platinum but I'm thinking maybe I should save this game for last so I don't burn out midway. But thanks for the heads up.

You'll be fine on legend difficulty and unlocking fury is a piece of cake once you've beaten all the evil caves.  Fury difficulty is a pain in the ass that shows how much BS some of the bosses are with their unblockable attacks that you have to either dodge or time a secret art well on.  Not sure how badly the analog stick will affect you, but some of the controls aren't as tight as I'd like them to be in such a game, like an immense difficulty at controlling yourself in the air.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

You'll be fine on legend difficulty and unlocking fury is a piece of cake once you've beaten all the evil caves.  Fury difficulty is a pain in the ass that shows how much BS some of the bosses are with their unblockable attacks that you have to either dodge or time a secret art well on.  Not sure how badly the analog stick will affect you, but some of the controls aren't as tight as I'd like them to be in such a game, like an immense difficulty at controlling yourself in the air.

I just hope the bosses don't spam those unblockable attacks too often. I'll have to wait and see what the controls are like though. And unlikely as it is, hopefully I'll find a way to cheese fury mode before it cheeses me. But really the game is a treasure trove of trophies, and am looking forward to getting a good haul.

50 minutes ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

I just hope the bosses don't spam those unblockable attacks too often. I'll have to wait and see what the controls are like though. And unlikely as it is, hopefully I'll find a way to cheese fury mode before it cheeses me. But really the game is a treasure trove of trophies, and am looking forward to getting a good haul.

Some of them do.  And some spam even the blockable ones to the point of you running out of spirit unless you use a whetstone/magatama and running out of spirit is also game over on fury.  But so far it seems to be a portion of luck and a portion of skill because bad luck can totally ruin a try on a boss, but you need some skill to figure out how to dodge the attacks and when to spam a secret art.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Some of them do.  And some spam even the blockable ones to the point of you running out of spirit unless you use a whetstone/magatama and running out of spirit is also game over on fury.  But so far it seems to be a portion of luck and a portion of skill because bad luck can totally ruin a try on a boss, but you need some skill to figure out how to dodge the attacks and when to spam a secret art.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I'll keep that in mind.

1. RWBY: Grimm Eclipse - 5% (4/38 0/0/0/4) --> 22% (13/38 0/0/5/8)

2. Injustice 2 - 13% (9/63 - 0/0/0/9) --> 70% (47/63 - 0/0/1/46)

3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 11% (7/59 0/0/2/5)

4. Valkyria Revolution - 0% (0/28 0/0/0/0)

5. Legend of Korra - 18% (10/31 0/0/2/8)

Knocked off a few more of the Offline trophies for Injustice and RWBY.

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Dark Arcana: The Carnival (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

2. Deadpool (PS4) - 18% => 31%

3. Hitman GO (PS4) 100%  :platinum:

4. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (PS4) - 0% => 43%

5. Yesterday Origins (PS4) - 0% => 4%

6. Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PS3) - 0%

7. Prince of Persia (PS3) - 0%

8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment (PS3) - 0%

9. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed (PSVITA) - 0%

10. Psycho-pass Mandatory Happiness (PSVITA) - 0%

Made some progress in all the rest of the PS4 games. Started Escapists and Yesterday Origins. Made some pretty good progress in Escapists, still just barely moving through Deadpool. 

• Like 1

Second update! Not really had time for gaming this week so just a small update from me!

1. Witcher 3 - 12% 11/79

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - 19% 19/79

3. LEGO Star Wars: The force awakens - 11% 10/70

4. Darksiders Warmastered edition - 10% 7/43 --> 12% 8/43

5.Cities: Skylines 28% 22/45 --> 51% 28/45

• Like 2

Brutal work schedule of late, managed to get out early and play some Dishonored: DOTO. Just need to do a stealth old game + run now.

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 6% > 81%
L.A Noire 13%
FF VII 4%
Haotu Boyfriend 0%
Chaos Child 0%
Amnesia collection 1%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StilRh said:

Brutal work schedule of late, managed to get out early and play some Dishonored: DOTO. Just need to do a stealth old game + run now.

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 6% > 81%
L.A Noire 13%
FF VII 4%
Haotu Boyfriend 0%
Chaos Child 0%
Amnesia collection 1%

How is Hellblade? I just picked it up on sale as I saw it did well at the game awards. It is a pretty quick game aye?

6 hours ago, Dessane said:

How is Hellblade? I just picked it up on sale as I saw it did well at the game awards. It is a pretty quick game aye?

I liked it, I would say it's main faults are getting a bit 'walking simulator-y' and the combat being basic. However the visual and audio presentation is excellent and if you're interested in mythology or want to experience voice hearing then its a pleasure to go through. If you keep your eye out for collectables then very easy to pick up the plat in 6-8 hours.

• Like 1

Completed Death of the Outsider. Nice short experience, managed to get the plat in short bursts before/after work.

FF type 0 19%
World of FF 15%
L.A Noire 13%
FF VII 4%
Haotu Boyfriend 0%
Chaos Child 0%
Amnesia collection 1%

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 81% > 100%

• Like 1