Meesa Likey Trophays (BF II Trophy Thoughts)

Cobby

Platinum is going to take more than 200+ hours unless you drop $$$.

Do. Or Do Not. There is no Try. - Play as all heroes in Multiplayer.

This trophy alone will take 200+ hours as you need 260000 credits to unlock all lock heroes. 

It is currently 11.4X more efficient with your time to spend money in Battlefront 2, rather than unlocking it by playing. 

Not that I care; just wanted to point it out for those who are going for platinum. :) 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 4:55 AM, sgttrumbo said:

Don't get too excited everyone. There is a trophy for playing as all hero's and you need to purchase all hero's individually. The credit grind will likely last well past our level 50 grind. For example , 

Vader and Luke are 60,000 credits EACH. 

On 11/11/2017 at 9:30 AM, cam_wick said:

Oh sh*t you’re right, didn’t even think about that... 1f914.png either way it’s an easier trophy list than the last game. Half of the list is single player, no difficulty related ones. And the others seem more time consuming than tough. I just hope they don’t add a bunch of “win a match of xxxx mode 10 times” dlc trophies. That was a pain because team based trophies suck the most, since it’s basically luck which team you’re on and depends which team is better. I kicked so much ass in extraction mode but still lost like 23 games before getting 10wins1f644.png sometimes I felt like I was the only one doing anything really. Either way I think it’ll be less of a challenge this time, but still very fun to get that plat and man I can’t wait to get my hands on this game, been waiting since e3 (where I saw the demo live1f609.png)!!) only oddity and downside here is why the list only has 1170 points, a full plat worthy game is generally 1230 pts, even dlc stand-alone uncharted lost legacy has that many, so what gives EA?!

I was hoping that purchasing each hero individually was just for the Galactic Assault game mode. Surely you can just go onto Heroes Vs Villains and do it straight away? Otherwise, how is anyone going to play Heroes Vs Villains at launch when all the heroes are hidden behind credit walls?

50 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I was hoping that purchasing each hero individually was just for the Galactic Assault game mode. Surely you can just go onto Heroes Vs Villains and do it straight away? Otherwise, how is anyone going to play Heroes Vs Villains at launch when all the heroes are hidden behind credit walls?

Other heroes are available. Only 3 from each side are locked (requires a total of 260K credits). And yes, sadly even in heros vs. villains mode. :( 

You can't even buy heroes from the store. You have to buy crate -> get dupes -> get credits -> unlock. First $100 will get you nothing but 15-20k credits. If lucky, little more. 

60K required for Luke/Vader. That's $200-300/each. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, itsFIGJAM said:

Other heroes are available. Only 3 from each side are locked (requires a total of 260K credits). And yes, sadly even in heros vs. villains mode. :( 

You can't even buy heroes from the store. You have to buy crate -> get dupes -> get credits -> unlock. First $100 will get you nothing but 15-20k credits. If lucky, little more. 

60K required for Luke/Vader. That's $200-300/each. 

its suppost to decrease when the final game is launched. its only early access.

2 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Where did you hear that from? I hope it’s true, or else this could be a insanely long platinum.

someone leaked it on the swbf reddit, and people keep spreading it around. although a recent post said it will all stay the same, anyways we will just have to wait :P

• Like 1

^It's not but they are working on it.

Beta prices were lowered to allow players to experience all the Beta had to offer. Also it was a Beta/trial for us. We wanted to see how player progressed, how fast they unlocked content, etc. Beta was not a final product by any means. Like all Betas it was a learning experience in how our systems work, how players progress, etc.

We adjusted this before launch to better reward players for their individual performance in each match. We're looking at the results daily and will be continuing to tune this to ensure that players feel a meaningful sense of reward for the time they spend with Battlefront 2. We have a lot of content and changes planned for players over the next few years, so we'll be doing everything possible to make sure they're happy to continue playing :)

Our team is looking at this seriously. We agree that this isn't an ideal outcome, and we will provide an update on how we can make this better for you and the community as soon as we can.

18 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Where did you hear that from? I hope it’s true, or else this could be a insanely long platinum.

If they don’t decrease the amount of credits needed to unlock heroes or increas the amount of credits earned per match - this mp will utterly suck ass. I’ve been reading short reviews about mp from origin early access players, how they’re only getting 200-300 credits per match regardless of performance. Luke and Vader cost 60k each and they aren’t the only locked ones. Do the math? and you can’t upgrade anything without using credits for loot crates as well! So really, it’s full blown PTW. Wtf EA

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, itsFIGJAM said:

Platinum is going to take more than 200+ hours unless you drop $$$.

Do. Or Do Not. There is no Try. - Play as all heroes in Multiplayer.

This trophy alone will take 200+ hours as you need 260000 credits to unlock all lock heroes. 

It is currently 11.4X more efficient with your time to spend money in Battlefront 2, rather than unlocking it by playing. 

Not that I care; just wanted to point it out for those who are going for platinum. :) 

According to a post on Reddit, even by getting all credits from all challenges, that's only halfway to actually unlocking Vader or Luke - 

Seems that EA doesn't even give a shit and is more than happy about it. It's a shame a fun looking game is being ruined by such a greedy scheme.

Edited by Gladiator995

1 hour ago, Gladiator995 said:

According to a post on Reddit, even by getting all credits from all challenges, that's only halfway to actually unlocking Vader or Luke - 

Seems that EA doesn't even give a shit and is more than happy about it. It's a shame a fun looking game is being ruined by such a greedy scheme.

When I said I wanted a challenge, this wasn't what I meant. What EA is doing is obscene. 

Update from DICE:

• Performance during games will affect the amount of credits you get at the end of a match.
  • Matchmaking will take into account not only player skill, but also total gametime and rarity of star cards. This means that you will be matchmade with players with an average performance similar to you and (to the largest extent possible) not against players who are much better than you, whether by having higher rarity cards or by showing higher skill.
  • Heroes that are locked at launch will only be unlocked with credits, not crystals. The heroes, similar to the locked weapons for Troopers, are sidegrades instead of upgrades (Darth Vader should be on similar power level as Darth Maul, etc). The goal is to keep you playing for a long time and have something cool to look forward to as you earn credits.
  • Speaking of earning credits, we're constantly evaluating and tweaking the earn rates versus the cost of crates and heroes. The current rates were based on open beta data, but you should expect us to constantly evolve these numbers as we hit launch and onwards. There will also be more milestones that award credits and crafting parts available, as well as star cards only unlockable through those milestones. If all you want to do is play and grind towards your next unlock that will be fully possible and we'll continue to tweak the numbers until the requirements feel fun and achievable.

Working on a game with a live economy and without a premium content lineup is a new challenge for us at DICE. We had one progression system in the closed alpha and heard your feedback back then. We made another iteration for the open beta and heard your feedback then too. For launch, we're having another iteration and there will definitely be more iterations as we evolve this game post launch. Your continous feedback as you play the game is absolutely invaluable and I encourage you to keep sending it our way. There is really no reason to "rebel" against us - we want this game to be as great and enjoyable as it can be - we're reading all your feedback and working as fast as we can to adjust the game to your liking.

• Like 2

You guys have fun unlocking all the heroes. :P

I'm definitly out of this one.

Just heard about it somewhere else, thought i'd be a smartass. But obviously the forummasters where faster :D

EDIT: Most downvoted comment on reddit ever! Haha!

Finally people are getting pissed

Edited by thekiffer21
  • Like 1

I’m glad they’ve listened and decided to change it. I didn’t have an issue necessarily with grinding to unlock certain heroes - I just had an issue with the amount of grinding, especially considering the stingy credit rewards at the end of matches.

If only EA hadn’t decided to do this in the first place. The whole situation was so easily avoidable. Not sure I’ve ever known a company to create so much goodwill and optimism regarding a game, only to then completely eradicate it with a few stupid decisions. It’s almost as if they just want to piss people off.

• Like 1

I have to guarantee this was due to the giant shitstorm by people on Reddit and Twitter, looks like mass consumer anger pays off huh?

But even then, it's pretty shitty how we could play as all heroes and villains straight from the get go in the first game and now we have to earn crystals to play them again?

Edited by Gladiator995
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, itsFIGJAM said:

Update:

NICE! :D 

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-launchchangesblog-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=41287&ts=1510608729384

the full EA backpedaling article for anyone interested :)

ok now, if you finish the campaign and do all the arcade challenges etc. You’ll already have a good chunk of credits according to reddit users. This makes me so happy. If they adjust the amount of credits gained per match a little more it would be perfect. Following this development, I’d say the plat is definitely under 100h again 

I liked Jar Jar.

There, I said it.

On topic, I usually don't look at trophies before I play but since I'm heavily conflicted about getting this game, I thought I'd give it a glance.

Looks like there's not much non-story single player trophies. Having most of the list focus on multiplayer was to be expected.

So, there's at least thirteen story missions. Feels like a Rogue Squadron game, good. Saw some reviews online that were positive about the single player experience as well.

Congratulations Battle Front II! Published by the company that closed down Visceral games!

Congratulations !

Remember guys and gals to purchase all the D-L-C, season pass, and loot boxes to enjoy the TRUE Star Wars experience. Be a true Jedi Master and use the force of micro transactions to fulfill your destiny and allow our video game hobby to reach it's full potential!

Congrats!

Remember to get some Mt Dew and Doritos, turn on your Facebook, twitter, Hulu, Netflix apps, say YOLO really loud and listen to Justin Beiber, and get your parents' credit cards ready to receive the FULL GAMING EXPERIENCE!

Then afterwards go on the forums and defend this AWESOME GAME vehemently like a true Sith Lord!

Then you will have a true sense of achievement and fulfillment as an an armchair deve....trophy hunter/gamer!

? obligatory emoji! ?

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

On 11/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, killer91ITA said:

Really easy trophy list, but this time i don't want to be f****d and i'll wait. Just too many price cut exagerate on the previous game and season pass gifted convince me to wait

Really easy, he says.

Do. Or Do Not. There is no Try.
Play as all heroes in Multiplayer.

Remember the flubub about some characters taking 40 hours to unlock in multiplayer? Yeah, EA nerfed that to appease the onslaught of complaining, but imagine if they didn't. That trophy would have taken thousands of hours to unlock.

But yeah, easy in theory.