The Prestige Achievement Update

bigrake1

the way i understood it they will only update the description of the trophy to "only _reference_ prestige raid" ("reference" being the key word here).

pretty sure you can still do the prestige nightfall for it, you just need the DLC then ;)

they mentioned trophies/achievements awfully lot in their update announcement, so i kinda guess they got issues with sony/ms about that?!

afaik all base game trophies have to be obtainable with the base game and mustn't be locked behind a DLC. at least i always thought that's the way how sony usually enforces it.

Edited by dernop

Their announcement is unclear on this matter, but you might be correct, dernop. Here are the relevant statements from Bungie to parse:

"Therefore, this week, we will release a hotfix that will make the following changes:
  • The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
    • This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.

The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.    

• This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
  • Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
  • Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players."

Perhaps we will have to see after the patch is released if gamers can still pop The Prestige trophy by doing the Prestige Nightfall. If the standard has been changed, I can imagine that many will be displeased: They will have to earn the trophy according to a new benchmark, one that is significantly more difficult.

13 minutes ago, Barriebar17 said:

And you could always do the prestige raid (300) after you have reached 335 in the DLC. So this trophy will never be impossible in any case. 

Yes, although it is questionable whether the increased power level would help you at all. Whenever PVE activities in D2 have a power level requirement, it means you'll underperform if you're below it but being above it won't help you at all.

So yeah, don't expect to roflstomp it just because you can achieve a higher light level due to the dynamic power scaling in D2.

Edited by IDiivil
Phrasing
  • Like 1

@Barriebar17, while the Prestige raid will be reduced to level 300, your power will most likely be "capped" at 300 for that event even if you are level 335. In other words, being 335 will not likely dial up any extra damage on enemies than being 300. For example, in the EDZ, even if you are light 335, you are capped at like 160 power so you don't blow through the content. There are only two places, currently, as I understand it, that you are operating at 300 power in the game: Nightfall and the raid.

But as you said, it's not impossible, but will be more difficult for players if completing the Nightfall no longer satisfies this achievement.

Edited by bigrake1
Typo

9 hours ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

depends on the final encounter IDK if they patch the glitch, where no enemies spawn. otherwise, your going to have a fun amount of time over there :D

p.s the prestige nightfall should not be that hard tbh, I carried a friend of 260light to get his platinum.

Pretty sure the glitch in the raid has already been fixed, on Dec 5th to be precise.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 10:46 PM, dernop said:

the way i understood it they will only update the description of the trophy to "only _reference_ prestige raid" ("reference" being the key word here).

pretty sure you can still do the prestige nightfall for it, you just need the DLC then ;)

they mentioned trophies/achievements awfully lot in their update announcement, so i kinda guess they got issues with sony/ms about that?!

afaik all base game trophies have to be obtainable with the base game and mustn't be locked behind a DLC. at least i always thought that's the way how sony usually enforces it.

Can anyone confirm that prestige nf still unlocks the trophy? I'd def prefer to struggle through nf than coordinate another 5 players.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

Beat Calus and the trophy will pop. I only did Calus and the trophy popped as I headed to his loot chest. 

ah, good to know, thanks!

so sharing the last checkpoint of the raid is still a thing, like in vanilla destiny, it seems ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 7:37 AM, Kallume said:

^ this. I find there are only two types of players LFR. Those with no experience and those that only want experienced players... unfortunately these are mutually exclusive. 

Pretty much why I advise most people not to wait until an all inclusive goty edition comes out. By the time you get around to actually playing end game content, a huge chunk of the community has already moved on. At that point you're reliant on friends or LFG. As you pointed out, LFG isn't much of an option and if you don't have friends willing to help you're just shit out of luck. 

I think for the as-yet named Fall comet expansion, which will likely cost between $39 - $49, earning raid trophies will be tough. My clan has 90 members (was 100 until the underwhelming Osiris DLC was released), and most have quit. (When I say most, I mean all but 5 or 6...sometimes weeks pass with no one logged on.) I'm assuming my clan is probably representative of the majority of clans, given the state of the game's population. While some steps have been made to fix the game, D2 is still not in a great spot. It's abandoned the lite RPG elements of D1 to become a pure FPS, turning off a lot of players. Will players purchase the comet expansion, given the current state of D2? No one I know (even these somewhat active players I've mentioned) will: They intend to wait for some sort of complete edition on-the-cheap, if they ever return at all.

The Warmind DLC isn't fairing so well with critics and users (currently a 3.2 user average on Metacritic), but is regarded as an improvement over Osiris. D2 will have lots of competition in the Fall, and Destiny as a franchise will likely not die, but have a dramatically smaller base moving forward. Many of the remaining players are part of the new casual base, who enjoy going on patrol and doing public events to blow steam, and not tackling end-game activities like raiding. All this said, I have a feeling earning the inevitable new prestige raid trophy will be very difficult in terms of putting a capable team together. As Kallume mentioned, I could easily imagine players hitting eBay for sherpa carries.

Edited by bigrake1
Extra Information