The Muppets Premium Level Kit is about to be removed!

paczek321

On 22.2.2021 at 9:15 PM, DaivRules said:

Contact Sony support if your code isn't working. Codes don't actually expire and as long as it wasn't redeemed previously or you just had some really bad luck trying to redeem while PSN was having an issue or you typed it in incorrectly, it will still work.

Unfortunately they told me my code is expired :(

Here is the answer from PlayStation Support Germany:

Thank you for your inquiry to PlayStation Support regarding an expired voucher. Please excuse the delayed response.

The voucher was valid from January 29th, 2013 and expired in October last year. Unfortunately, we no longer have the option to extend this code.

I am sorry that I cannot give you any other information.

Edited by PETMAN3000

1 hour ago, PETMAN3000 said:

Unfortunately they told me my code is expired :(

Here is the answer from PlayStation Support Germany:

Thank you for your inquiry to PlayStation Support regarding an expired voucher. Please excuse the delayed response.

The voucher was valid from January 29th, 2013 and expired in October last year. Unfortunately, we no longer have the option to extend this code.

I am sorry that I cannot give you any other information.

I would recommend trying again with chat support instead of emailing. 

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I would recommend trying again with chat support instead of emailing. 

There is no live chat in germany ?

only phone & email

when i called them 2 days ago for a status update, i mentioned that "a friend" from united states said that the playstation chat support immediately replaced/activated his voucher. The woman on the phone answered very annoyed: "we are not in united states, we have different systems bla bla bla thats not possible"

All in all in my opinion the support here in germany is incompetent 

Edited by PETMAN3000

• 2 weeks later...

Can I join the Extras Edition code didn’t work club? lmao

I just got a sealed copy in the post and I can’t redeem the code. Sucks that it seems that despite the expiry and people being able to redeem it as late as last year that the codes no longer work in 2021.

I have a half a mind to complain to Sony that if the codes worked past expiry before, why did they suddenly void the codes at the end of 2020? I know that they have every right to do that, but it just feels unnecessary. Expiry dates on pack-in dlc codes just feel so scummy. If it’s a physical edition of course there’s gonna be sealed copies floating around for a good few years. I don’t see why latecomers shouldn’t be able to play the dlc.

Anyway, rip my chances of playing the Muppets dlc

Edited by queen_malevolent
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, PETMAN3000 said:

I found the game (extras edition, new) online and it arrived today.

Typed in the code on my PS3: wrong/invalid code

Typed in the code on the playstation app on my phone: recognized the code / content as: LittleBigPlanet 2: Extras-Edition BUT when i press redeem it says wrong/invalid again.

Will try to contact playstation support .. hope they can help :(

Edit: i called them and they told me that they need pictures of my receipt & the front and back of the code.

If everything's alright they will activate the content on my account.

(ps: she said the code was valid until 2020 even though below my code it says valid until: 1/1/2017)

Try to redeem the code on every console you can (PS3, Vita, PS4). The best place by far to redeem expired codes was / is (don't know with the new one) the web store.

Last you're in EU, bought a European game. Check the back of the inlay to see if the expiration code date is CLEARLY detailed outside the box (by EU laws it must be) so that you could check that before buying and opening. Sony never put that (honest folks...), at least on any game I've seen. Write to EU consumer rights, with photocopy's of the inlay, send copy to your country's Sony.

Edited by cris3f

On 17/04/2021 at 0:19 AM, cris3f said:

Try to redeem the code on every console you can (PS3, Vita, PS4). The best place by far to redeem expired codes was / is (don't know with the new one) the web store.

Last you're in EU, bought a European game. Check the back of the inlay to see if the expiration code date is CLEARLY detailed outside the box (by EU laws it must be) so that you could check that before buying and opening. Sony never put that (honest folks...), at least on any game I've seen. Write to EU consumer rights, with photocopy's of the inlay, send copy to your country's Sony.

Unfortunately it does say on the back of the box that there is a 2017 expiry, so rip.

I did just submit a support ticket to Sony just in case. I'm not expecting them to give me the dlc, but I did ask if they could explain why the codes were redeemable as late as 2020 before being quietly voided. I also pleaded my case a little by telling them I purchased a sealed copy on ebay and was unable to see the fine print on the back of the box because of this.

We'll see what they say. It's just frustrating as out of the LBP 1 + 2 premium level dlcs that have trophies, Muppets is the only one I'm missing. 2013 me bought the POTC dlc purely to make a water level that I never ended up even publishing, so I'm very grateful to past me now! I wish past me had done the same for LBP2 

On 22/04/2021 at 10:23 PM, queen_malevolent said:

Unfortunately it does say on the back of the box that there is a 2017 expiry, so rip.

I did just submit a support ticket to Sony just in case. I'm not expecting them to give me the dlc, but I did ask if they could explain why the codes were redeemable as late as 2020 before being quietly voided. I also pleaded my case a little by telling them I purchased a sealed copy on ebay and was unable to see the fine print on the back of the box because of this.

We'll see what they say. It's just frustrating as out of the LBP 1 + 2 premium level dlcs that have trophies, Muppets is the only one I'm missing. 2013 me bought the POTC dlc purely to make a water level that I never ended up even publishing, so I'm very grateful to past me now! I wish past me had done the same for LBP2 

Let me know if you have any luck ive been trying for months now to get them to extend the code but we just go around in circles sadly!

On 26/04/2021 at 1:53 AM, kylebaptie said:

Let me know if you have any luck ive been trying for months now to get them to extend the code but we just go around in circles sadly!

I got a reply a little while back and yeah they're not going to budge...

Hi,

Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support regarding voucher redemption.

According to our records the voucher code you provided  expired on 01/10/2020.

Unfortunately we are unable to extend the activation period of this voucher or provide a replacement one.

I would like to advise that there are a few reasons whereby a voucher period may be extended and these are mostly due to shipment logistics.

I would there fore recommend returning to the retailer for any other options.

If you have any other questions regarding PlayStation products or services, please call PlayStation Support using the contact details below or reply to this e-mail. Quote ******* and one of our team will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Didier
Player Support Expert
PlayStation Support

It was about what I expected, but it was worth a try at least. The Extras Edition really is just a standard copy with different box art now.

Edited by queen_malevolent
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

fuck..i ordered the extras edition yesterday for 25 euros, thinking that it would still be possible to get the muppets dlc this way. when it arrives, i guess i'll be afraid of opening it as i might not be able to return it otherwise.

why the hell did they void the codes in 2021 when they were still usable in 2020? it's also annoying that the store lets you go as far as showing you the contents of the code before telling you that it doesn't work anymore

should i risk it? has there been as much as a single person in 2021 that was able to redeem the code from the box?

also, can you still obtain the DLC via the digital extras edition?

On 5/10/2021 at 2:38 PM, Winterglemm said:

fuck..i ordered the extras edition yesterday for 25 euros, thinking that it would still be possible to get the muppets dlc this way. when it arrives, i guess i'll be afraid of opening it as i might not be able to return it otherwise.

why the hell did they void the codes in 2021 when they were still usable in 2020? it's also annoying that the store lets you go as far as showing you the contents of the code before telling you that it doesn't work anymore

should i risk it? has there been as much as a single person in 2021 that was able to redeem the code from the box?

also, can you still obtain the DLC via the digital extras edition?

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but at least you will have an answer.

I ordered littlebigplanet 2 extras edition for 25 euro about a week ago and when i tried to redeem the code it said i t was expired.

I knew that was the risk because queen_malevolent had tested it already but i wanted to try for myself and test my luck.

After contacting PlayStation Support they tried to redirect me to the seller but i told them that it was their responsibility but whatever i said they kept saying they couldn't do anything about it.

They told me that the code had expired in January of 2021. So probably every littlebigplanet 2 extra edition code has expired by now.

How the hell am i gonna get the Muppet DLC now...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but at least you will have an answer.

I ordered littlebigplanet 2 extras edition for 25 euro about a week ago and when i tried to redeem the code it said i t was expired.

I knew that was the risk because queen_malevolent had tested it already but i wanted to try for myself and test my luck.

After contacting PlayStation Support they tried to redirect me to the seller but i told them that it was their responsibility but whatever i said they kept saying they couldn't do anything about it.

They told me that the code had expired in January of 2021. So probably every littlebigplanet 2 extra edition code has expired by now.

How the hell am i gonna get the Muppet DLC now...

fudging hell..................

this is such a bummer...man

but thank you very very much for the answer

• Like 1

If anybody is still searching for a way to obtain this DLC there's still one way - though it's fairly expensive so be warned.

As PETMAN3000 said in another thread, the best (and likely only) option now would be to purchase the DLC from an Asian PSN store/account to game share to your main with and then locate a physical Asian (Region 3, JP copies are Region 2) copy of LBP2. I personally used Gmarket (though there may be other e-commerce stores with it available) which has a good amount of listings for it at the time of typing this, you'll need to search "리틀빅플래닛2" to find them. Unfortunately there's a restriction on international video game sales on the site (Korean issued payment information only) and will require a shipping/purchasing proxy, I used KoreanBuddy for that. I used a HK PSN account to buy the DLC & Playasia for the $10 HK PSN code.

Overall the cost was $83.38 for the physical game ($39.99 game, $2.38 domestic shipping, $29.01 international shipping, & $12.00 proxy fees)

Edited by Secret

• 2 years later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, Secret said:

If anybody is still searching for a way to obtain this DLC there's still one way - though it's fairly expensive so be warned.

As PETMAN3000 said in another thread, the best (and likely only) option now would be to purchase the DLC from an Asian PSN store/account to game share to your main with and then locate a physical Asian (Region 3, JP copies are Region 2) copy of LBP2. I personally used Gmarket (though there may be other e-commerce stores with it available) which has a good amount of listings for it at the time of typing this, you'll need to search "리틀빅플래닛2" to find them. Unfortunately there's a restriction on international video game sales on the site (Korean issued payment information only) and will require a shipping/purchasing proxy, I used KoreanBuddy for that. I used a HK PSN account to buy the DLC & Playasia for the $10 HK PSN code.

Overall the cost was $83.38 for the physical game ($39.99 game, $2.38 domestic shipping, $29.01 international shipping, & $12.00 proxy fees)

Hello,

i don't see LBP2 on Hong Kong PS Store.

How You buy it?

LBP1 DLC's still available.

Edited by DaivRules