What dualshock 3 controllers do you have?

snakebit10

I saw this at Gamestop and wanted to get it!! So fancy!!

Back to the topic ... I have a pink, red and black controller.

Yeah :holy:  I saw this at the store where I'm at yet i didn't have enough money to buy it until cousin got it for my this year's birthday :yay: . He knows i like collecting rare stuff in videogames. I still can't use it nor i would ever be. I just put it there for display in my room.

Edited by NightWing127

Yeah :holy:  I saw this at the store where I'm at yet i didn't have enough money to buy it until cousin got it for my this year's birthday :yay: . He knows i like collecting rare stuff in videogames. I still can't use it nor i would ever be. I just put it there for display in my room.

I must make this my next purchase lol but I have a feeling I will use it and not just display it. teheheh

I must make this my next purchase lol but I have a feeling I will use it and not just display it. teheheh

xD hahaha xD i doubt you'd ever use it when it's already in your hands. It's so shiny that it'd be so hard to decide whether to use or not to use it xD The fate of this Legendary Golden controller is in your hands nervous-934.giff_drumroll.gif

Edited by NightWing127

Where did you buy it? 

I remember seeing somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) that there were loads of counterfeit controllers about, even with genuine packaging being sold online via 'market seller' style websites.

I purchased it from Amazon.com for like $40. 

I heard about this and on my initial investigation everything seemed legit but after watching the video you posted I decided to do some more digging. 

The controller I have doesn't exhibit any of the signs of forgery listed in the video. It's smooth, buttons are flat, no rattle, bottom sticker is smooth (I even pealed it off and there aren't screws or holes of any sort underneath), the home button is crystal clear, even the colors of the buttons matches. The only thing that is a problem is the model #. It should say CECHZC2U, mine doesn't, it reads CECHZC2H.

This is an actual product that Sony produces and everything says this is a authentic controller but apparently this item isn't intended for the US market. I found a thread on the Sony website where a guy had a similar problem with his CECHZC2H and contacted Sony. They said the problem is most likely do to the fact it's not a US controller. Unfortunately I'm like 2 weeks outside both Sony's peripherals warranty and Amazon's return policy. 

But when it comes down to it, it's my own fault. I had considered returning it and getting a replacement. My problem was I had already covered the controller with the skin I bought when these problems manifested and removing would have ruined it. At the time I found the quirks to be more annoying than troublesome so I did nothing. And truthfully as long as it doesn't fuck up while I'm in the middle of playing a game the controller while annoying, is still usable.

So lesson learned, if a Sony accessory is discounted $10 even if it's legit there's still something wrong with it. Next item I buy a skin for I'll use it for a couple weeks before I apply it. And lastly keeping a $40 malfunctioning controller to save a $4.99 skin is flipping retarded. 

(As a side note the CECHZC2H is for the Asian region. I found it on Sony's Hong Kong site, but I don't know if it's exclusive to HK or if it's sold to a wider market.)

Edited by mturismo

@ Hero_Star_1988:

Welcome, to PSNProfiles :wave:

and wow! do you use all of those often? :o

Thank you :)

No I haven't, I just want to display. Only i play White controller mostly, cos it's match my white PS3 slim :P

That's a lot of controllers. Do you display them somewhere or just have them to have them?

Parker

Yes for display :)

Hi, This is my first time post on forum.

I use PSNProfiles for nearly year but i haven't post the forum yet lol

Here the show of my controllers.

617094_10151279956711539_1657964115_o.jp

Took me less than year to collection :)

That jungle green is really rare! nice collection bro!

My collection so far...

dualshock3-gold-side-500x434.jpgplaystation-3-blue-and-red-dual-shock-3-white_dualshock3.jpgUrban-Camouflage-PS3-DualShock-3-and-Blu

Aaandd last but not the least! :yay: 2490674642_9a30631045_z.jpg

Edited by NKV_666

No I haven't, I just want to display. Only i play White controller mostly, cos it's match my white PS3 slim :P

You're welcome :)

is that the normal PS3 slim? :)

That's like me xD when it comes to displaying stuff xD

is it the normal PS3 slim you have? :)

• Like 1

That jungle green is really rare! nice collection bro!

Yes its was rare for a year until found out they're back to stock in early December.

I am from Australia. My rare controllers?

Transparent Red and Blue. Its really hard to find and took me 6 months to find cos I always really want to get it.

Most ebay/amazon not accept ship to Australia ever I contacted one ebay seller (info said can ship anywhere) and seller didnt replies...rude :/

Lucky I found 2 off the ebay. Won't sell those in the future cos its rare controllers.

is that the normal PS3 slim? :)

Yes its normal white slim with 750gb hard drive added.

I don't know if I want white superslim and isnt release to Australia yet :( only red and blue available blah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have 2 of your regular black dualshocks

But this one is my baby

img2-30034.jpg?1319439723

Pink being my favourite colour, naturally if something comes in it, I must find a way to obtain it, haha.

At the time this colour came out you couldn't get it here in the UK and it's still not that easy to come by, but the week it came out my mum went to visit friends in Arkansas and I asked if she could get one for me, it was fate I tell you!

• Like 1

I have 2 of your regular black dualshocks

But this one is my baby

img2-30034.jpg?1319439723

Pink being my favourite colour, naturally if something comes in it, I must find a way to obtain it, haha.

At the time this colour came out you couldn't get it here in the UK and it's still not that easy to come by, but the week it came out my mum went to visit friends in Arkansas and I asked if she could get one for me, it was fate I tell you!

I'm jelly! Can't find it in amazon.