2018's Ultimate Team Plat Race™ - Final Stats/Event Completed

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

God of war 14/37, nearly done with the story and then its clean up, I'm dreading one trophy where you have to fight hordes on easy,medium and then impossible, one of the you have to take no damage 1f62b.png some of the rest of seem fairly grindy too :-/, I'll stick with it!

It's the only GoW that I haven't played yet, so I don't know how difficult it is. Whenever I get stuck at a tricky part in any game, I tend to just step back from it for a few hours, play something else and then give it another try. Usually I get it done on the first try then.

Speaking of grindy, I recently started Paladins, and probably should have read up on the changes to the game prior to doing so. What once was a 15 hours plat turned into a 300-400 hour plat. As you can't get cards from chests anymore and instead they are unlocked through leveling up characters. Each character has 3 cards to unlock which essentially means leveling up over 33 characters to level 12. Doesn't help that the XP distribution is a joke. I've put 12 hours into it so far and got one character to level 10 and another to level 3, and that's getting 21 wins and 13 losses while being almost always best of the class. There is the option to buy levels with gold, but that's not really viable either as the gold given out is just a couple of 100g per match.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Here’s the latest points update.

Team A has 6519.70 points with 83 plats.

Team Sheep has 7140.75 points with 61 plats.

I had all of last week offwork and I spent most of the week watching as many movies as I have plats earned this year (27) so I didn’t get a lot of gaming done. I started Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch on Saturday and although it’s a decent enough game there are a couple of things that are just plain infuriating. The main one being that it’s not possible to outrun an enemy in fields/dungeons meaning you are constantly thrown into fights when all you want to do is get from A to B. Like any JRPG there’s a post game grind that’s gonna be long enough without being thrown into fights that are simply a waste of time solely because you can’t always avoid an enemy. The other annoying thing is lower level enemies running away from you when you need to fight them to try and tame them or get an item drop. Other than that the game is enjoyable and the Studio Ghibli graphics are wonderful.

@sephirothdude I wouldn’t worry about the Trials Of Muspelheim, they’re pretty easy. The hardest thing in going for the plat is fighting the Valkyries. The first eight are easy enough with the best armour upgraded to the max but the final one is pretty tough. Took me about 5 or 6 tries on Easy difficulty with everything maxed out that I could.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Team A has 6519.70 points with 83 plats.

Team Sheep has 7140.75 points with 61 plats.

I had all of last week offwork and I spent most of the week watching as many movies as I have plats earned this year (27) so I didn’t get a lot of gaming done. I started Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch on Saturday and although it’s a decent enough game there are a couple of things that are just plain infuriating. The main one being that it’s not possible to outrun an enemy in fields/dungeons meaning you are constantly thrown into fights when all you want to do is get from A to B. Like any JRPG there’s a post game grind that’s gonna be long enough without being thrown into fights that are simply a waste of time solely because you can’t always avoid an enemy. The other annoying thing is lower level enemies running away from you when you need to fight them to try and tame them or get an item drop. Other than that the game is enjoyable and the Studio Ghibli graphics are wonderful.

@sephirothdude I wouldn’t worry about the Trials Of Muspelheim, they’re pretty easy. The hardest thing in going for the plat is fighting the Valkyries. The first eight are easy enough with the best armour upgraded to the max but the final one is pretty tough. Took me about 5 or 6 tries on Easy difficulty with everything maxed out that I could.

Worried about that last valkyrie as well ??

Got a quick plat that's basically worthless.

1Ld6cc31.png

Energy Invasion (PS4)

Rarity at this time: 80.95

Average completion time: about 3 hours = no bonus

Fairly bad Arkanoid clone, that wasn't worth the 2 bucks I paid for it.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

God of war 22/37, mostly grindy ones from here on out, love the game personally,concerned still about the two I already mentioned but now also concerned about "explore all of vertigard" I have it explored fully and it didn't unlock but some players reported it not unlocking until they had all the collectibles, so hopefully that's the case, Im all god of wared out today though so time for some switch action :p.

Team A has 6653.02 points with 85 plats.

Team Sheep has 7140.75 with 61 plats.

Yesterday I finished off the story in Ni No Kuni so all that remains is the annoying post-game grind. Alchemizing 120 things seems like it will be the most aggravating as stealing rare items from enemies is possible using a 100% sure-fire method but also rather time consuming. But if things go well then hopefully I’ll have the plat by the end of the week. 

• Like 1

:platinum:#189 - Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

1L9b10ff.png

This was a decent enough game. Good story and great graphics but combat wasn’t all that interesting and watching your familiar run in place because they won’t go around an enemy to reach anither one was pretty annoying. The post-game grind was surprisingly quick and easy as most of the items I needed for alchemising could be found by foraging and I got pretty lucky with RNG when it came to stealing rare items.

• Like 2

:platinum:#190 - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

1L0dd37a.png

I decided to spend the rest of this weekend playing Hellblade but it turns out this is a much shorter game than I already thought so today is a double plat day. Absolutely fantastic game. Good graphics, combat was a lot of fun although it could get frustrating when surrounded, the puzzles were very well done without being overly hard. The game definitely works well with a headset as you can hear the voices in her head like they are in your head and the portrayal of her psychosis seemed pretty accurate.

• Like 3

I'm back wit ha plat as well.

1L5db4c6.png

Poi

Rarity at this time: 35.56

Average completion time: 13 hours = no bonus

A 3D Mario wannabe, that just doesn't cut it. I'm not much of a fan of ED platformers to begin with, as almost none of them get the camera movement and distance right. That's also the case in this one, furthermore the hitboxes are massive, which leads to a lot of deaths even though you didn't ouch the hazard. Very meh overall, still better than fucking Ginger though.

• Like 1

1L89cd1a.png

Heavy Rain (PS4)

Rarity at this time: 14.47

Average completion time: 26-27 hours  = x1.25 bonus

Didn't take the less than 10 hours, nor the over 100 hours into consideration for the calculation, as neither are realistic values.

Not as enjoyable of a game, as it was the first time round. Story is still great, but not being able to skip anything and having to replay a lot of the sections is a bit rough.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Team A has 6802.84 points with 87 plats.

Team Sheep has 7591 points with 64 plats.

Other than grinding out a few more online wins in Project Cars yesterday I spent the day watching movies. This evening I’ll be starting the PS3 version of Shadow Of The Colossus. I’m looking forward to playing it as a lot of people say it’s a fantastic game although trophy wise I’m not looking forward to the Time Attacks as some are meant to be rather difficult.

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Team A has 6802.84 points with 87 plats.

Team Sheep has 7591 points with 64 plats.

Other than grinding out a few more online wins in Project Cars yesterday I spent the day watching movies. This evening I’ll be starting the PS3 version of Shadow Of The Colossus. I’m looking forward to playing it as a lot of people say it’s a fantastic game although trophy wise I’m not looking forward to the Time Attacks as some are meant to be rather difficult.

Heavy Rain has a bonus of x1.25, not just one. I'm guessing you took the 65 entries and divided them by 69 people instead of by 65. As that's the only way it would go sub 25 hours.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Heavy Rain has a bonus of x1.25, not just one. I'm guessing you took the 65 entries and divided them by 69 people instead of by 65. As that's the only way it would go sub 25 hours.

I’m doing the completion times by a popularity contest for lack of a better term. Discounting the obvious outliers you have 65 votes. 34 people have voted 25 hours or under. 31 people have voted 26 to 50 hours.

9 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m doing the completion times by a popularity contest for lack of a better term. Discounting the obvious outliers you have 65 votes. 34 people have voted 25 hours or under. 31 people have voted 26 to 50 hours.

In that case how do you calculate the average, if there's one vote 1 vote for 11-15, 1 for 16-25 and 1 for 26-35?

What if , for example the sum of people who voted any other time, exceeded the number of votes that had the most single time. It would make the single time, less accurate than the rest. Not sure, if I make myself understand.

The points were supposed to be the average completion time, not the time that got most votes. That's just leaving out a load of variables.

46 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

In that case how do you calculate the average, if there's one vote 1 vote for 11-15, 1 for 16-25 and 1 for 26-35?

What if , for example the sum of people who voted any other time, exceeded the number of votes that had the most single time. It would make the single time, less accurate than the rest. Not sure, if I make myself understand.

The points were supposed to be the average completion time, not the time that got most votes. That's just leaving out a load of variables.

Ultimately you can’t calculate the actual average as people are voting for a time range and not one specific number but I’ve gone wrong with how the plat time is calculated so I’ll change it. However someone will have to tell me just how I calculate it for longer games. For example, for the 16 - 20 range it’s easy as you use a value of 17 but what would you use as the average figure when the votes are in the 100+ category? And how do we decide what figures not to use? Sure it doesn’t take 6 - 10 or 100+ hours to plat Heavy Rain but what about Dark Souls Remastered for example. Do we just ignore the vote in the 26 - 35 hour range because the average gamer won’t plat it in this amount of time? 

12 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Ultimately you can’t calculate the actual average as people are voting for a time range and not one specific number but I’ve gone wrong with how the plat time is calculated so I’ll change it. However someone will have to tell me just how I calculate it for longer games. For example, for the 16 - 20 range it’s easy as you use a value of 17 but what would you use as the average figure when the votes are in the 100+ category? And how do we decide what figures not to use? Sure it doesn’t take 6 - 10 or 100+ hours to plat Heavy Rain but what about Dark Souls Remastered for example. Do we just ignore the vote in the 26 - 35 hour range because the average gamer won’t plat it in this amount of time? 

While it's true that calculating the actual average is tricky, seeing as it isn't a fixed value, but a range of values. It's the most accurate taking the middle of said range.

For the Dark Souls example, if I'm not mistaken it's still possible to glitch and exploit your way through the game in even less than 20 hours as such I wouldn't exclude 26-35 hour range.

Finally got another milestone plat. Picked Nier Automata for my 300th plat, as I loved that game.

1Lbb991b.png

Nier Automata

Rarity at this time: 32.65

Average completion time: around 45 hours  = x1.25

A fun experience throughout, only wished the fast travel would've been available earlier in the game. One of the few games that managed to mix genres in a natural way.

• Like 2

Tales of Berseria

1L641a65.png

Rarity: 6.95

Time: 110 hours (It took me 180)

I can't wait to play a few easier games, now that I'm finished with this one. Great story with a lot of grinding towards the end. If I knew better, I would've bought the 2x experience multiplier from the PSN before I started.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 4