2018's Ultimate Team Plat Race™ - Final Stats/Event Completed

22 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

What are you guys playing this weekend?

Started Lightning Returns, and it's already a chore. I'm at the beginning of the game, so I hope it gets a bit easier to manage later on. I might also start another game, if FF13-3 gets a bit too much. Maybe Gravity Rush 2, heard the online features will be closed the beginning of July.

From my experience, playing lightning returns with a guide was much more fun. Having to keep in mind the time constraint, all the intertwined sidequests and limited sidequests for the 100% was way too stressy.

I recommend using this walkthrough, i followed it all the way trough and got the plat easily. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-13/walkthrough/1

• Like 1

It’s just gone Saturday here and although I could stay up longer and continue playing God Of War, but instead I’m going to head off to bed. At the moment all I want to do this weekend is binge watch the final 2 seasons of Dexter as the end of season 6 was one hell of a cliffhanger. Must have sucked watching it when it first came out on TV and having to wait however long it was between seasons to find out what happens.

God Of War is slowly growing on me but I don’t think it’s as great as so many people say it is. Now that I have the Blades Of Chaos combat is a lot more fun but Atreus has found out his true nature and now he’s just an annoying little brat. I should be able to finish off the main story later today and then make a start on clearing up all the remaining side quests and collectibles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

What are you guys playing this weekend?

Started Lightning Returns, and it's already a chore. I'm at the beginning of the game, so I hope it gets a bit easier to manage later on. I might also start another game, if FF13-3 gets a bit too much. Maybe Gravity Rush 2, heard the online features will be closed the beginning of July.

Well, I just bought Life is Strange: Before the Storm so I'll probably start that one up over the weekend and stream it while I'm at it. Other than that I'll have to go back to Megatagmension on a daily basis (until Tuesday at least) to get the trophy for defeating all enemy types. I'll also probably give Aer and Aerea (gotta love imaginative names...) a go. Need something to cleanse my palate after finishing the story in Akiba's Beat.

• Like 1

Got myself a new plat as well.

1L7bf607.png

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies

Rarity at this time: 33.15

Average completion time: around 20 hours = no bonus

This one ended up to be more boring than Action Unleashed, even though the grind isn't nearly as long. Maybe it's because I played both games one after the other, but this one just felt less polished. While it looked better, the menu was worse, character level wouldn't show on the selection screen, no health bars on enemies, and seemingly leveling didn't improve any stats at all.

• Like 2

Here’s the latest points update.

Team A has 5655.10 points with 66 plats.

Team Sheep has 5559.15 points with 44 plats.

I recently broke into the top 5000 on the world leaderboards and I’d like to stay there but I was planning on playing Mugen Souls Z next which is a rather long game so instead I’m going to knock out PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness first. I’m hoping I’ll enjoy it but given that everyone here who’s played it didn’t like it that much I don’t have high hopes. On the plus side I did get it free from PS+.

• Like 1

:platinum:#183 - PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness

1L55f8af.png

It’s a good thing this was a free game because after my first playthrough and reload for the second ending I got bored with it. So I decided to get the rest of the trophies by letting the game play itself. The mini game was fun enough but a rather boring grind as well. Level 6-2 was a real pain in the ass but I got past it which was good as the bonus completion points meant I didn’t have to grind out potentially hundreds of games in free play.

• Like 4

@FilmFanatic - Congrats! It felt like it took me forever to complete 6-2. So happy I managed it in the end. 

I have also been slowly chipping away at a game. In Lightning Returns, I only just got the hang of the battle system, but I saved right before having to fight a really difficult boss. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. The time limit aspect of the game does really slow me down, but at the same time, it forces me to be more efficient. If I can plat this game next weekend, I would be so happy.

I ended up platting a short game even though it's barely worth any points.

1Lff73e4.png

Aer

Rarity at this time: 81.29

Average completion time: under 3 hours = no bonus

Wasn't really up my alley. It's a very artsy game similar to Rime, but felt a bit lackluster. It also suffers from excessively long loading times and imprecise controls.

Started Before the Storm yesterday, and to be honest it doesn't grab me so far. I'm hoping it gets better in the remaining episodes.

I've also been playing Aerea, which is sort of a top-down action-rpg with 4 player co-op.

• Like 1

Decided to power through Alone With You to be finally done with it.

1L3e9408.png

Alone With You (Vita)

Rarity at this time: 17.68

Average completion time: over 16 hours = no bonus

Not a bad game generally speaking, but it does overstay it's welcome. 5 playthroughs to get all endings turns a decent game into a boring one.

Also finished episode 2 in Before the Storm and it hasn't gotten any better. Seems like it'll be another mediocre game. I'll probably wrap that one up tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Team A has 5755.97 points with 67 plats.

Team Sheep has 5612.49 points with 45 points.

I started my next Weeblympics game, Mugen Souls Z, on the weekend. I’m half way through the story and so far I’m enjoying it. The bulk of the work however comes once I go into the post-game stuff. This will of course consist of a heap of grinding like any good JRPG requires. Thankfully the plat time for MGZ is considerably quicker than the original Mugen Souls which takes at least 400 hours if not more.

One more to add to the count.

1Lb9cb92.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Rarity at this time: 59.78

Average completion time: about 9 hours = no bonus

Was somewhat disappointing to be honest. Some of the characters had terrible voice acting and sounded bored whenever they spoke. Also most of the characters that weren't main characters had really bland facial expressions and seemed also downgraded in their visual presentation.

• Like 2

Been making good progress in AereA (I still have no idea how to actually pronounce that bloody name). I'm nearing the final third of the game, and then all that's left is an obscene amount of grinding. From what I understand, I need 25000 currency with each character to upgrade all skills to level 3. On average you get 1-5 coins per enemy/pot... fun times ahead.

Making slow progress in Aerea (at about 5/75k), as it's just really boring grinding currency in that game. Which is something that also awaits me in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm that I started yesterday. Hoping to finish the story this upcoming week and after that it'll be currency grind time again.

Team A has 5785.34 points with 68 plats.

Team Sheep has 5697.61 points with 46 plats.

Over the weekend I finished my playthrough of Mugen Souls Z getting the True Ending. All that’s left now is a whole lot of grinding. I also bought 3 of the paid DLCs to get the best equipment in the game however I need to grind a heap of Gold to fully upgrade it all.

I finished off the bunker for :platinum: #214, which was a quick plat. I got this since it was on sale and i really enjoyed Late Shift. Too bad this was more of a point & click rather than an interactive movie. Story was kinda meh too. 

1Lf6872c.png

I recently started a lot of games. Still need to finish Cosmic star Heroine, which is a really great game (glad i picked that one up when it was free), Kingdom Hearts and Vampyr. I'm also plowing through bloodborne with a few friends. It kinda sucks having to go through each area 3 times in order to get all the items/complete it for each of us. They should just drop the summon mechanic if you want to play with friends honestly. But despite that it's been a really fun co-op experience.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1