donut_plz's Backlog Tracking

donut_plz

Welcome to my Tracking page.

I've revamped my page as I felt it made more sense for me to keep track of what events Ive joined but also make it easier to see which games Ive got in my ever-growing backlog. Hopefully with it being more organized I can start to make a dent in this backlog. Joining events created by various people on here have been great so far as it helps keep my "squirrel tendencies" more focused by setting a goal to hit each time. Ive also met a bunch of new gamers, and that has been awesome! I want to thank @Toogie53 for continuing to put together his events and for his unknowing influence on the new direction of my tracking page. ??

Toogie's Camp Wannalottaplat Event (June 1 - August 19)

Summer 2018 Backlog Challenge (June 1 - August 31)

June 1 Stats

Platinum trophies: 29

100% completed: 45

Completion: 54.73%

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 4

Past Events

Spring 2018 Backlog Challenge (March 1 - May 31)

Spoiler

Toogie's Spring Fling Event (April 1 - May 14)

Spoiler

Toogie's The Love Boat Event (February 1 - March 17)

Spoiler
Edited by donut_plz

• 3 weeks later...
29S69a932.png 29S69a932.png Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid         40-silver.png

Finally beat the damn hoverboard race time challenges last night. I lost count of how many times I had to redo the Rilgar cause I was short by less than a second. Happy that's over as its a cake-walk to the finish now.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck on Yooka Laylee. One thing - DO NOT CLOSE THE GAME THROUGH THE PS MENU. Before you quit, always choose "save and quit". Got through all the worlds and started my trophy clean up, only to realize I'd botched world 3's page count the *one* time I accidentally closed it through the menu. If you've been closing the game through the PS4 menu, better to restart now.

• 3 weeks later...

What did you think of Gone Home. I liked going through the story the first time. But overall, this kind of defined "walking simulator" for me. There's not a lot of replay value on it. I kind of remember a weird cat trophy that was interesting. Also, I had a lot of trouble with the one minute speedrun trophy. I did it under one minute several times and it just didn't seem to recognize it. The time that it finally popped I had timed myself at 53 seconds. When I finally got it I rejoiced and promptly uninstalled the game. 

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

What did you think of Gone Home. I liked going through the story the first time. But overall, this kind of defined "walking simulator" for me. There's not a lot of replay value on it. I kind of remember a weird cat trophy that was interesting. Also, I had a lot of trouble with the one minute speedrun trophy. I did it under one minute several times and it just didn't seem to recognize it. The time that it finally popped I had timed myself at 53 seconds. When I finally got it I rejoiced and promptly uninstalled the game. 

Pretty much summed up exactly my thoughts on it. I never would have found the purple basketball to get that cat trophy if it wasn't for a guide. I must have done the 1 min speedrun about 20x with at least half of them under a min for sure without that trophy popping. Finally on a super clean run it popped. Maybe cause I didn't skip the credits that time... I dunno. Anyways within seconds it was getting uninstalled off my HD as well.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finished up a few more games this month.

Scc35e7.png     Cat Quest (PS4) - 100% complete  ☑️

This was a fun little action-rpg that I felt did a lot of things right. The art style and vibrant colors in this game are great. The cat puns were amusing even though they were a little over the top. Its simplistic combat is fun and easy to master as I found the controls to be tight and responsive. I wish they would have done more with the dungeons though as that would have really set this game apart. As it is though its still a game you can really get into and complete in a weekend or two.

5p300rU.png     Journey (PS4) - 100% complete  ☑️

Ive had this game forever in my backlog and finally decided to get it done for a @2G53 event. I wasn't so sure about it at first as I was wandering around randomly *chirping* at things and not having a clue where to go and what to do. Eventually I ended up finding my way to the end. I then had to replay it several more times in order to get all the collectables and missing trophies and in doing so really enjoyed what the game had to offer. Im not sure if one of the trophies glitched on me or not but I had to replay 4x to get Companion to pop. The upside to that was the multiple experiences of interacting with another player yet without being able to speak. Really had fun with this game, much more than I would have thought going in. 

Scf336e.png     Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS4) - 100% complete  ☑️

Who doesn't love solving a good murder mystery (or six). Im a little embarrassed that this game has taken me so long to complete but I get sidetracked easy but shiny new games. I would play this through again except once you know how it ends its kinda pointless. Good thing I haven't played The Devil's Daughter yet so will pick that up soon instead.

Sa1569d.png     Submerged (PS4) - 100% complete  ☑️

This game is short yet I felt it had a lot to offer. The world was nice and exploring it via boat was a nice touch. As you progressed in the game you received cut-scenes that told the back story of the main characters and how they came to the sunken city. The game was heavy in collectables as there are no enemies in this game to deal with but I never felt it was a chore to get them. I did walk away from this game scratching my head about a few things though. Who were the white humanoids and why was the girl turning green?? 

S0f0efa.png   ☑️  Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) - 100% complete  :platinum:

I liked this game more than I thought I would. The game does a good job with character development and unfolding each of their stories. By exploring the small British village you uncover events related to each of the main characters. Every event gives you just a little bit more information and I found myself trying to piece the puzzle together after each new bit of info, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. Either way it was a enjoyable journey through a well crafted and detailed world. It wasn't perfect as moving around was too slow for my liking and I really wish they would have implemented some sort of validation or checklist system for the collectables as there was no way of knowing if you got them all until the trophies pop. 

Pro Tips:

You can "run" by holding down :r2: for 5 seconds or so. Its not much faster but it is a little better. I wish I would have found out about this before my second "cleanup" play through.

Backtracker trophy glitched on me and didn't pop after going through all 5 gates on my first/main playthrough. I managed to get it to pop on my cleanup run by closing and reopening the gates using :cross: and searching for/looking at the Quarantine sign that was now lying on the ground somewhere close to each gate.

Radio Enthusiast, Backtracker and Open Ended can all be done on the same playthrough to save time. Just start a new game after finishing off your first/main play through and you can mop up those trophies in 30 mins.

Congrats on finishing Everyone's Gone to the Rapture. I see you started The Deadly Tower of Monsters. I really enjoyed that game. It was the perfect length. Right when, I was getting tired of it, it was over. I wish the trophy icons were a bit cooler, but that's a pretty minor complaint.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Congrats on finishing Everyone's Gone to the Rapture. I see you started The Deadly Tower of Monsters. I really enjoyed that game. It was the perfect length. Right when, I was getting tired of it, it was over. I wish the trophy icons were a bit cooler, but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Yeah. I started up The Deadly Tower of Monsters late late last night. Only played for about 20mins or so but Im loving the B-Movie vibe and the crazy random monsters so far. Its been a game I keep almost starting so figured "Lets do this!"  Would probably work for a Spring into Action title. :eyebrow:

Edited by donut_plz

Scbb014.png   ☑️  The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4) - 100% complete  :platinum:

Started this game up with absolutely no expectations and quickly found this game plays out like an old sci-fi B-Movie. In fact it has anything AND everything an old Sci-Fi B-Movie would have. Laser shooting Apes... you bet. Dinosaurs.... of course. Aliens... most definitely. Mad scientist and Evil Emperor (with a pirate eye patch of course) check and check. It was a lot of fun progressing through the game and wondering what new element was next. A giant Ant Queen, Invisible lizard men, a T-Rex or a giant dustbuster. The game was fun but somewhat on the short side. Which in this case is a plus for this game as lets be honest ,there's only so much B-Movie goodness you can take in at a time without it getting boring. The collectables weren't too crazy either and the warping to checkpoints was brilliant.

On to Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas next...

• Like 1

Saee74b.png   ☑️  Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4) - 100% complete  :platinum:

Wasn't a very difficult game but it did make you visit most islands multiple times as some collectables were not accessible until new skills learned further in the story. Because of this I felt the game lasted longer than it should have and I was ready to kick it off by the time I finished it. The game itself was enjoyable and it very much played like an older Zelda. The worst part of the game though hand down was trying to catch a blasted botfish. I managed to snag one after about 8 attempts luckily but others haven't been as lucky . The Oceanhorn (end boss) fight was simple and not even needed for the platinum as mine popped after finishing all the cleanup before the boss dungeon. I did go do the fight and officially finish the game anyways and it was rather simple. Would be a great game to get my freeloader into. Might also get him away from this pixel-gun 3d junk on the ipad hes playing and his nagging me to buy more itunes cards for gems... :hmm: 

Now do I finish up some older games on my profile or look at adding something new...? A Way Out has me intrigued and looking for a reason to pick it up.

Edited by donut_plz

S7d9b9c.png   ☑️  Monopoly Plus (PS4) - 100% complete  ?

Quick and easy trophies on this classic take on a classic game. I started this up just to try it out and knocked out most of the trophies in an hour or so. I will be playing this still from time to time with my son as he loves monopoly and board games in general.

S031478.png   ☑️  Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (PS4) - 100% complete  :platinum:

Thought this one was going to be very similar to Lara Croft Go which I enjoyed figuring out the levels on. This one just seemed tedious and frustrating and I just wanted it to end so I looked up the guide and followed it to complete this and delete it from existence.

S5c1d6d.png   ☑️  LEGO Worlds (PS4) - 100% complete  :platinum:

My kids love playing this game and could spend hours blowing up stuff, creating all the various animals and changing characters. What started as a quest to unlock more characters and animals for them to work with quickly turned into a quest for platinum. For the most part this game was fun but some of the grinds are real. I spent many hours on Billionaire and Designers Delight. Quick shout out to @SunnyCrappyYT for helping me out with a few of the trophies. Thank you again!

flower.png   ☑️  Flower  (PS4) - 100% complete  ?

Really enjoyed this game after getting used to the motion control twisting and turning of the DS4 controller. The concept is so totally different to most games out on the market. You play as a flower petal riding the wind. Every flower you touch causes it to bloom and certain sets you collects cause the environment to change, washing it with color and brightening up the grey drab world or opening up new areas to explore. The game was really well done and not overly long to complete. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't played through it.