The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

8 episodes... lol... seriously... anime industry...

What's next, 7 episodes split cour?

I know right? Season 1 has 25 episodes. Them suddenly they cut it down to more than half  :lol:

Wish they could've at least done it like the Break Blade series.

I binged the hell out of ReLIFE the other day. I wish that one was longer.

I've also been watching Gintama lately too.

Yoh, Gintama is the real deal. Have fun watching it. I recommend it highly.  :D

Saw some more artsy stuff today. My transformation into the world's biggest contrarian hipster is going quite well if i do say so myself. Sword Art Online is terrible by the way.

6661.jpg

Memory, a 1964 short film. The humor has aged quite well and it's certainly ahead of its time but the age certainly shows and there's really not all that much depth to it.

7/10.

29062.jpg

Rain Town, yet another short film, this time from 2011. Really great visuals, great color composition. Does hit all the spots it goes for but could have aimed for more. Has an after credits scene, don't miss it.

8/10.

17437.jpg

Digital Juice is a collection of six short films, 5 of which are not all that good to be honest. If you ever want to see the good one you'll find it right here. Don't even bother with the rest. Trust me on this.

4/10.

5344.jpg

Inaka Isha is the animated adaptation of Franz Kafka's "Ein Landarzt". While the original already had a quite surreal tone, this film goes all out with the crazy shit right from the very start. Character proportions are twisted and change constantly. The tone is extremely unsettling. The animation is beautifully horrifying. It's fantastic.

9/10.

57331.jpg

Spring and Chaos is the animated biography of japanese poet Kenj Miyazawa. It's probably the most conventional film out of the ones i've seen. Reminded me of The Wind Rises, in tone at least. It took some time to get going but i did end up enjoying it. 

7/10.

• Like 2

Inb4 OVAs having 12 episodes =D

Considering its popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if it was green-lighted for S3.

I doubt it, the OVAs are scheduled to release between May 2016 and December 2016. The first one has already been released and happens during season 1 before Arslan reaches Peshawar.

I hope so, season 3 better be 24 episodes.

^enjoy... currently having a blast with Gintama...

8 episodes... lol... seriously... anime industry...

What's next, 7 episodes split cour?

I know right? Season 1 has 25 episodes. Them suddenly they cut it down to more than half  :lol:

I don't get it either. Here's hoping the OVAs will continue where season 2 ends (though I really doubt that's going to happen).

I think the problem is the lack of source material... last time I checked, Arakawa's version of the manga hasn't even caught up with the last season's anime.. I was quite surprised that the "2nd season" was not a filler arc.... *stares at Nanatsu no Taizai*

Anywayyy... OT:

35323.jpg

Natsume Yuujinchou San

Synopsis

Takashi Natsume sees spirits, and with the help of his lazy and sake-guzzling bodyguard Nyanko-sensei he returns to spirits their names that were stolen by his grandmother Reiko Natsume. Not all of the spirits are peaceful though, and he often fights to keep himself and his family and friends safe while at the same time fighting the loneliness that plagued him before he found his home.

Suspicion to Natsume got stronger xD

My feels... panda-emoticon-44.gif?1292863515 1 Season to go and will finally catch up.... relax2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251

also added these 2 current airing anime in my watch list:

Taboo Tattoo - the fight scene looks good... the story err... looks pretty cliche pilot I guess... 

RoRiWrite - yay Key Coffee is back xD 

• Like 1

I think the problem is the lack of source material... last time I checked, Arakawa's version of the manga hasn't even caught up with the last season's anime.. I was quite surprised that the "2nd season" was not a filler arc.... *stares at Nanatsu no Taizai*

Damn that sucks, how far is the manga? I really don't hope the anime will go original from here, that never ends well.

Damn that sucks, how far is the manga? I really don't hope the anime will go original from here, that never ends well.

Arslan Senki? Alfarid was just introduced then... Narsus and Hilmes battle...(I think it's schedule is one chapter per month)

Dammit that's only halfway in the anime. The manga is going way too slow :shakefist:.

Well... that's Hiromu Arakawa for you =D

I don't think she ever had a weekly series =D

Not to mention, afaik she's still doing Gin no Saji. It makes sense it's going slow.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Not to mention, afaik she's still doing Gin no Saji. It makes sense it's going slow.

yep... she is doing Gin No Saji as well.. unfortunately, that is somehow on Hiatus though... latest chapter was released last February...

Edited by JaM

yep... she is doing Gin No Saji as well.. unfortunately, that is somehow on Hiatus though... latest chapter was released last February...

Never heard of Gin no Saji, but it sounds like she can focus on Arslan Senki now :awesome:.

Never heard of Gin no Saji, but it sounds like she can focus on Arslan Senki now :awesome:.

as Satoshi said... I think for now Arslan is the least of her worry... wrapping up Gin no Saji is her main focus atm I think :awesome:

Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) is a Slice of life...currently has 116 manga chapters, 2 season of anime(that needs to have a sequel) and 1 live action film.. hope you watch it while waiting for new episode of Arslan :awesome:

anyway... finished this one in my backlog

79676.jpg

Koto no Ha no Niwa

It's official.. I prefer older HanaKana than Loli HanaKana xD

Well, on the contrary, I would presume she is concerned about wrapping GnS so much she can't :awesome:

as Satoshi said... I think for now Arslan is the least of her worry... wrapping up Gin no Saji is her main focus atm I think :awesome:

Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) is a Slice of life...currently has 116 manga chapters, 2 season of anime(that needs to have a sequel) and 1 live action film.. hope you watch it while waiting for new episode of Arslan :awesome:

I'm ok with wrapping up Gin no Saji, that just means she can focus all her attention on Arslan Senki afterwards :awesome:.

79676.jpg

Koto no Ha no Niwa

It's official.. I prefer older HanaKana than Loli HanaKana xD

This is BAD example =D

This HanaKana is one of the best HanaKanas in the whole anime world :D

Here, she is just... simply... just wow.

When I first watched it, I couldn't believe my ears how godly her acting was :D

This was beyond voice acting :D

I'm ok with wrapping up Gin no Saji, that just means she can focus all her attention on Arslan Senki afterwards :awesome:.

Then you better wait for it :awesome:

So, has anyone actually watched the new Berserk anime? I'm curious to see if it really is as bad as my facebook group thinks. I think I could tolerate it, it just skips my favorite arcs which is no surprise. I mean, I handled the cgi in the movies okay..

So, has anyone actually watched the new Berserk anime? I'm curious to see if it really is as bad as my facebook group thinks. I think I could tolerate it, it just skips my favorite arcs which is no surprise. I mean, I handled the cgi in the movies okay..

It's apparently even worse than in the movies.