The Fight Against The PS Plus Backlog

13 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

52 minutes ago, beerwego said:

You have both been added~

13 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Is there an end date, like 31st December 2018 for example?

As of right now there is no end date :)

50 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You played the PS1 Metal Gear?

Valiant Hearts is a quick game to finish as you only have 2/3 trophies which are specific tasks/collectibles.

But the story is something else. No spoilers but beware of those things called emotions.

I have not, no. Do I need to? :o

I know, I watched my sister beat it. It was a rough one emotionally D;

35 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

You have both been added~

As of right now there is no end date :)

I have not, no. Do I need to? :o

I know, I watched my sister beat it. It was a rough one emotionally D;

Yeah, you don't really need to play the original MGS outside of nostalgia. I played The Twin Snakes last month on a GameCube emulator, since I hadn't ever played that one before. I figured it would be easier to play the game with updated MGS2 mechanics than deal with the extremely dated gameplay of the original. I would recommend either playing The Twin Snakes or just watching one of the many YouTube recap videos available. Not like we get trophies for that or Portable Ops on PSP.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Perhaps not, but it helps to tie all the story together and provide some nostalgia later in the series (*cough*MGS4*cough*).

Well I mean, I'm not gonna be playing IV since I don't have a PS3 and I doubt it will come to PS4, so :D

1 hour ago, Justin__Harris said:

Yeah, you don't really need to play the original MGS outside of nostalgia. I played The Twin Snakes last month on a GameCube emulator, since I hadn't ever played that one before. I figured it would be easier to play the game with updated MGS2 mechanics than deal with the extremely dated gameplay of the original. I would recommend either playing The Twin Snakes or just watching one of the many YouTube recap videos available. Not like we get trophies for that or Portable Ops on PSP.

I like recap videos, are there any good ones you could recommend to me? :)

6 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Well I mean, I'm not gonna be playing IV since I don't have a PS3 and I doubt it will come to PS4, so :D

I like recap videos, are there any good ones you could recommend to me? :)

Gosh, there are so many good ones. It really depends if you have time for 5 minutes or less, or want to listen to people talk on it for 20, 30 minutes or longer. Here are a couple that I enjoyed, although I'll say the quality of the first two videos aren't the best, but I really like her recap of the story. The first three are like 15-30 minutes each, but if you don't have time for that, the last is a 5-minute recap with a cool-sounding, British dude. I'm American, so naturally hearing people sound like James Bond is soothing. Haha.

1 minute ago, Justin__Harris said:

Gosh, there are so many good ones. It really depends if you have time for 5 minutes or less, or want to listen to people talk on it for 20, 30 minutes or longer. Here are a couple that I enjoyed, although I'll say the quality of the first two videos aren't the best, but I really like her recap of the story. The first three are like 15-30 minutes each, but if you don't have time for that, the last is a 5-minute recap with a cool-sounding, British dude. I'm American, so naturally hearing people sound like James Bond is soothing. Haha.

Aw, I love Johnny! I'll give them all a moment or two so I can see which I prefer, thanks for the links :D

• Like 1

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (0%)

Playstation All Star Battle Royale PS3 (100% February 28th)

Datura PS3 (0%)

Life Is Strange PS4 (0%)

Spy Chameleon (37%)

Tales from the Borderlands PS4 (100% September 3rd)

Game of Thrones PS4 (0%)

Truck Racer (0%)

Monster Jam Battleground (0%)

Broken Sword Vita Episode 1 (100% January 30th)

Broken Sword Vita Episode 2 (100% January 31st)

Xblaze Lost Memories PS3 (100% February 14th)

The Walking Dead Season 2 PS4 (0%)

Gone Home (14%)

Level 22 (100% January 31st)

Adding:

Rogue Legacy (54%)

Rocketbirds 2 (0%)

Heavy Rain (0%)

Beyond Two Souls (0%)

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (0%)

The Bridge  (0%)

Edited by Kishnabe

On 1/15/2018 at 6:13 PM, Kishnabe said:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (0%)

Playstation All Star Battle Royale PS3 (75%)

Datura PS3 (0%)

Life Is Strange PS4 (0%)

Spy Chameleon (37%)

Tales from the Borderlands PS4 (52%)

Game of Thrones PS4 (0%)

Truck Racer (0%)

Monster Jam Battleground (0%)

Broken Sword Vita Episode 1 (0%)

Broken Sword Vita Episode 2 (0%)

Xblaze Lost Memories PS3 (0%)

The Walking Dead Season 2 PS4 (0%)

Gone Home (14%)

Level 22 (52%)

So did you want to be added? A lot of people in here are just talking about PS Plus and how much they have to do, so I can't tell if you want to join or just talking about what you have left :o

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Just finished up The Unfinished Swan. Currently playing Psycho-Pass, but no trophies yet. Pretty interesting story so far though.

Congrats, you have been updated on the op~ Have you watched the Psycho-Pass anime? Cuz I haven't, so I'm wondering if you need to see the series to really enjoy the game :o

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Congrats, you have been updated on the op~ Have you watched the Psycho-Pass anime? Cuz I haven't, so I'm wondering if you need to see the series to really enjoy the game :o

I haven't seen the anime either, I was actually trying the game in hopes of getting into it and then watching the series. As far as I can tell, you don't need to watch the anime. You play as one of two original characters, and they do a good job explaining everything. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I haven't seen the anime either, I was actually trying the game in hopes of getting into it and then watching the series. As far as I can tell, you don't need to watch the anime. You play as one of two original characters, and they do a good job explaining everything. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm in pondering the decision myself between watching the anime first or playing the game first. Nice to know both is an option.

On 15/01/2018 at 10:12 PM, beerwego said:

Add me too please

Being playing along without adding a list so doing one might keep me motivated. Already finished stories path of destiny last week so here are the ones to start

1xblaze lost memories 

2 That's you

3 Batman telltales

4 Batman AA 

5 Hatoful Boyfriend 

6 Saints Row 3

7 Saints Row Gooh

Completed XBlaze.... 100%

Worth a play but a bit drawn out in some parts 

Added  letter quest remastered 

Got plat in Sacred 3 (no dlc, not gonna spend $16+ on it). It was fun but quite grindy. It's nothing like Sacred 2, obviously since it was sold off and made by a different team.

Now a little break for the rest of the weekend, working on other non PS+ games, then figuring out my next step.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

2 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Got plat in Sacred 3 (no dlc, not gonna spend $16+ on it). It was fun but quite grindy. It's nothing like Sacred 2, obviously since it was sold off and made by a different team.

Edited~ I have never even heard of Sacred tbh, I'm glad you liked it outside of the grindy parts though :D

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Edited~ I have never even heard of Sacred tbh, I'm glad you liked it outside of the grindy parts though :D

Sacred used to be like a western RPG, quite heavy on character builds on higher difficulties. S3 is more like a top-down hack n' slash, and Citadel is a side scrolling brawler (haven't played it yet). The theme and different races are still there afaik just plays different and some things were dropped from previous games. With that being said I like all three genres, just have to go in prepared not to expect what each of the other games were like.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

I'd like to join this. I pretty much add at least 1 PS+ game a month and never play any of them so hopefully this can give me the motivation to get through a few. I think I'll start my list off with 10 games and see where I go from there. I haven't even booted up any of these. Most of these will be pretty easy to get through the challenge comes in actually starting them.

1. Uncanny Valley
  2. Hue
  3. Abzu
  4. Journey
  5. Telltale Batman
  6. Game of Thrones
  7. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  8. Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  9. Blood Knights
  10. I am Alive

Alright, so I decided to just stick to this month's games for now and I already got 100% in Uncanny Valley. The game was ok but with some messed up story. I didn't mind the graphics much but the dialogue was hard on the eyes. At least it was short.

Next up Psycho-pass (maybe I can get through this before the month ends) and Deus ex (hopefully start it on the weekend). Then we'll see what next month brings to PS+ and which game I tackle next.

58 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Alright, so I decided to just stick to this month's games for now and I already got 100% in Uncanny Valley. The game was ok but with some messed up story. I didn't mind the graphics much but the dialogue was hard on the eyes. At least it was short.

Next up Psycho-pass (maybe I can get through this before the month ends) and Deus ex (hopefully start it on the weekend). Then we'll see what next month brings to PS+ and which game I tackle next.

Edited~ What do you mean by messed up? Just bad dialogue?

4 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Edited~ What do you mean by messed up? Just bad dialogue?

It's a bit dark/psycho. I mean I don't have a problem with that but some people might. I guess many people just use a walkthrough guide so might not pay attention as much. I enjoy a (good) story tho.

As for the dialogue, it was just hard to read the font.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1