Physical Version Announced!

Hey Everyone! We officially got an Announcement for the release date of the bonus episode "Farewell", as well as a physical release for the game!!!! I actually just got the physical version of the original game so this was a cool announcement at the same time! Will definitely get this physical! http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/18/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-physical-release-/

Edited by wilwheaton5
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I already own it digitally and I probably won't get the physical version anymore now but it's good to know (what most likely is) the release date for the bonus episode now :P .

I can understand, I also own the game digitally, but I'm a collector and a big fan of the series and since I have the physical of the original I feel the need to have this one to. 

48 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I have the physical version of season 1 but I don't think I'll bother with this one. It's cool that we have a release date for the bonus episode, though.

Ya it is cool, I haven't played Before the Storm yet because I was waiting for the Bonus episode to get released so I can play it all complete 

10 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

dammit, just picked up the digi version in the sales as there wasn't a physical version. :facepalm:

Damn man that sucks! You always gotta think ahead of these things unfortunately. I knew There was a physical coming so I was being patient but I know how that feels, but I learned from experience lol 

10 hours ago, Terra said:

Why does it have to be in March? Ugh I have three over pre-orders already! I'll add it to my want list at least! I still haven't bought it yet!

Ya man I know March is bad date, I was going to preorder the Justice League Blu Ray the same month. I'm still going to. Normally I stay away from (Game) pre-orders but since its a collectors thing, I'll make the sacrifice. Sucks though that the standard is gonna be the same price as the limited though, but oh well I have an excuse to get the limited edition now lol 

Edited by wilwheaton5

Is this why I can't purchase episodes 2 and 3 on the PS Store? I bought this game digitally a month ago and it said in the description it was episodes 1-3 but when I click on episode 2 and 3, it says I have to purchase and install them, but they aren't available for purchase. I am more than positive it said episodes 2 and 3 were included in my purchase and I've only just got round to playing this now.

Edit: I am so silly. I scrolled down on the home screen where the game is to add-ons and saw I do have episodes 2 and 3 free I just hadn't installed them yet, but I was clicking on them in-game and it was taking me to the the Episodes 2 & 3 bundle which isn't available. I didn't realise I didn't install the remaining episodes. My bad.

Edited by Gavinh2013
Correction

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Gavinh2013 said:

Is this why I can't purchase episodes 2 and 3 on the PS Store? I bought this game digitally a month ago and it said in the description it was episodes 1-3 but when I click on episode 2 and 3, it says I have to purchase and install them, but they aren't available for purchase. I am more than positive it said episodes 2 and 3 were included in my purchase and I've only just got round to playing this now.

Edit: I am so silly. I scrolled down on the home screen where the game is to add-ons and saw I do have episodes 2 and 3 free I just hadn't installed them yet, but I was clicking on them in-game and it was taking me to the the Episodes 2 & 3 bundle which isn't available. I didn't realise I didn't install the remaining episodes. My bad.

Ah its fine dude, we all make mistakes. That is weird though, you would expect episode 2 & 3 to download as separate files like a tell tale game. Weird that you have to go into add ons.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, palmersib said:

I bought the first Life Is Strange game when it got a physical so when Before The Storm was put on the psn store I was hoping there's be a physical copy. Glad I waited & never bought the digital copy as I've now pre-ordered the physical copy of the game instead

Good for you! Ya with this kind of stuff its best to think in hindsight before you put the money down. What version did you order? I live in South Africa and the pre-orders haven't popped up yet. They did release the Physical for the original, here l where I live so hopefully Before the Storm will come to. 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, NutellaOrgies said:

The price they are selling the vinyl edition is worth it just to turn it around and resell it.

The original is selling for a lot more on a vinyl selling site like discogs. 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Life-is-Strange-Soundtrack/release/7933184

The original sold for an average of $284 USD.

Geez really? That's a lot! I don't know with me, I can just listen to the soundtrack on YouTube or buy it digitally. With me getting the game is what is most important the other extra stuff is nice, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. But that's just me

1 hour ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Ah its fine dude, we all make mistakes. That is weird though, you would expect episode 2 & 3 to download as separate files like a tell tale game. Weird that you have to go into add ons.

Good for you! Ya with this kind of stuff its best to think in hindsight before you put the money down. What version did you order? I live in South Africa and the pre-orders haven't popped up yet. They did release the Physical for the original, here l where I live so hopefully Before the Storm will come to. 

Geez really? That's a lot! I don't know with me, I can just listen to the soundtrack on YouTube or buy it digitally. With me getting the game is what is most important the other extra stuff is nice, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. But that's just me

I pre-ordered both Limited Edition & Vinyl Edition. I know it may sound a little bit greedy or a bit pointless getting both but when the limited is only £35 & the vinyl edition is only £60 I couldn't say no & that was pre-ordering from the Square Enix website as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I'm expecting this one to sell for more, especially since it's 4xLP,  the original was only 2xLP. Those people were just buying the soundtrack, not the game itself 

4 hours ago, palmersib said:

I pre-ordered both Limited Edition & Vinyl Edition. I know it may sound a little bit greedy or a bit pointless getting both but when the limited is only £35 & the vinyl edition is only £60 I couldn't say no & that was pre-ordering from the Square Enix website as well

I might order a second version of the vinyl edition. Just incase I might want to keep the vinyls, then I have a backup to sell

Edited by NutellaOrgies

2 minutes ago, palmersib said:

That might be worth doing, especially with how much the vinyl from the first game is going for

Yea gonna have to do that. Especially since I already regret buying only one copy of Demon Days by the Gorillaz and couldn't part with it even though they sold for around 150 to 200

Edited by NutellaOrgies

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, palmersib said:

Nah I can't argue with that, it is pretty good price! 

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, NutellaOrgies said:

I'm expecting this one to sell for more, especially since it's 4xLP,  the original was only 2xLP. Those people were just buying the soundtrack, not the game itself 

Ya and then I can imagine when Square Enix stops making copies, its going to go for so much more on Ebay!

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, NCSFan001 said:

good now I can just rent it on gamefly or something also hopefully the bonus episode will have a couple DLC trophies

Ya lets hope! Might just be one trophy for completing the episode, hopefully not!

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, johntatsi said:

As a game collector I was waiting for a possible physical edition before i played the game, glad one finally got announced!

Ya its great it got announced!