Crown Guide.

LordNEET

1 minute ago, W33DM4CH1NE said:

I got the giant crown relative easy. But now I got the shit you guys have trouble with, with the Mini. Stupid rng^^

Did you measure the size of the rathian in any certain way? I keep measuring my hunter next to her leg and its knee is like a whole head taller than my hunter in most cases but I just can't get it.

7 hours ago, TheSoulGuardian said:

Do you know if it has to be done solo? I can do it on my own, as I did so last night.... but its so much quicker in a party.

I've done both solo and within a party and got a crown regardless. For me it was faster solo because I knew the exact location of the monsters. It's actually balanced because when you're solo the targets health and defense are low whereas when you're in a party the quest adapts to the amount of people who joined. Try beating a monster alone when you're in a party and you'll see what I mean.

6 hours ago, Celesteela said:

Anyone have a rough size guide for a mini Diablos? That's the only one I need now from the quest...which means I'm going to have to do the whole thing repeatedly >.>

A trick I found is that you can measure the size of a Diablos if both the Diablos and Black Diablos are present. They'll have a turf war and they'll clash they're heads together. Whoever is smaller is most likely a mini, same thing if you're hunting for the large one. Hope this helps! :)

1 hour ago, Celesteela said:

FINALLY got mini Diablos, now back to the neverending despair that is trying to find a small crown Kirin...I've had so many big enough to fit under now that I could cry. It doesn't exist. The game is mocking me.

How many tries? Also, was it from the event or investigation? I've done at least 6 different investigations and done the event maybe 30+ tries and still never seen a mini crown for diablo.

Just now, dunbay said:

How many tries? Also, was it from the event or investigation? I've done at least 6 different investigations and done the event maybe 30+ tries and still never seen a mini crown for diablo.

Around 30, I think? I got it from the event...I did it solo, if that counts for anything. I doubt it does, but it definitely took less time to kill Kulu and Barroth by myself than it did in a group.

I've now done 213 Investigations for Kirin - I've been keeping count out of sheer boredom - and I've not seen a single small one. I am *this* close to giving up and selling the game and just forgetting about it.

11 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Around 30, I think? I got it from the event...I did it solo, if that counts for anything. I doubt it does, but it definitely took less time to kill Kulu and Barroth by myself than it did in a group.

I've now done 213 Investigations for Kirin - I've been keeping count out of sheer boredom - and I've not seen a single small one. I am *this* close to giving up and selling the game and just forgetting about it.

I just got it with about 40+. That's alot....honestly, i would just wait for an event where he'll be available, it will eventually happen in weeks to come. Also, people will figure out what exact investigation will give to each crown for each monster. Be patient!

1 hour ago, dunbay said:

I just got it with about 40+. That's alot....honestly, i would just wait for an event where he'll be available, it will eventually happen in weeks to come. Also, people will figure out what exact investigation will give to each crown for each monster. Be patient!

I'm not sure they'll do Elder Dragon equivalents to the crown quests going on at the moment...it'd be nice if they did, but I don't want to be in a position where I have every crown except for Kirin, my most hated monster, haha.

I should start a room for giant crown Kirin or something; I've just had THREE more in the last hour. THREE. Going by the video anyway.

6 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Do you guys think they're ever going to do crown quests for elders? I'm a bit tired of farming them over and over.

I don't see why not, pretty sure they'll go through all monsters from each respective area. Just gotta be patient is all.

Just now, Xugashi said:

I don't see why not, pretty sure they'll go through all monsters from each respective area. Just gotta be patient is all.

Yeah. I think I might take a step back from the game for a bit. I've killed each elder between 20-40 times (I just check sizes on my investigations, but I SOS into others to get more investigations). I'd love to be done with the elders and crowns in general so I can just get back to goofing off.

The RNGods decided to smile on me today - my first Kirin of the day was a mini crown, and I also found a large crown Teostra on an SOS. Just got both crowns for Vaal and Nerg to get out of the way now and I'll be done with what is probably (hopefully?) the worst of it. Just 24 crowns left to go!

I'm not going to pin my hopes on Elder Dragons getting crown event quests...it just seems unlikely to me. Although I would have thought Black Diablos would be in the latest one, so I suppose it's possible? Difficult to know when their schedule doesn't go along that far into the future.