Crown Guide.

LordNEET

Today marks my first day of no results whatsoever despite actively trying to go for crowns. Starting to feel the burn a little bit more and i’m running dry on investigations but i’m still pretty positive. I find myself killing just about any Nergigante and Teostra i find because i’ve admittedly gotten quite insecure about my measuring ability.

20 minutes ago, Happy said:

Today marks my first day of no results whatsoever despite actively trying to go for crowns. Starting to feel the burn a little bit more and i’m running dry on investigations but i’m still pretty positive. I find myself killing just about any Nergigante and Teostra i find because i’ve admittedly gotten quite insecure about my measuring ability.

Me too I only got to play a couple hours but I focused on Val hazak then black diablos. After I was sure I found a giant gold Val just to end up a silver I decided to move onto anther monster.

Maybe anyone can help to screenshot when standing beside the monster that you think it's mini/giant before you beat it.

When you get the crown, you can post the pic here so others can get the reference.

Ghillie mantle/traps can be useful.

Edited by Redsailles

6 hours ago, Happy said:

I'm on my third day searching for mini Vaal..

Everyone is talking about the Elder dragons... while I pull my hair out trying to just find mini Barroth and mini Kulu after trying for over three days with almost 9 hours straight each day spent on the game just crown hunting then generating more investigations as I run out. I can't seem to generate remotely similar investigations to the successful ones I see on here and the event currently out only gives me giant crowns. I will be happy when I never have to see either of them again. 
At least if you have Horizon Zero Dawn the Aloy event mission gives a giant Anjananth crown. Or at least it did for me. Somehow I feel mini is going to elude me though and cause me just as much misery as Kulu and Barroth... 

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I'm on my third day searching for mini Vaal..

2 hours ago, OH_EXIE said:

Farmed Vaal and Kushala for like 3 hours each today and got nothing. At least I got the small and large crowns for Kirin and Teostra in my first hour this morning, so there's hope

I understand you two... I spent 5 hours looking for Giant Lavasioth and found nothing. I've never hated a monster in my life!

Only more 3 crowns to get platinum trophy! :awesome:

I hope you get it soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

A question before I get to Kirin crown farming... I realize that investigations for him are pretty rare.. So how did you guys manage to get Kirin crowns?

sorry for double post, you can get kirin investigation by collecting tracks and killing large monster in Coral Highlands, High Rank kirin only tho not tempered.

I’m slightly over 300 hours into the game, but I had much success farming elder dragon crowns (~one crown/day) after I finally yield to using the YouTube guide (rather than blindly hunting them hoping for crowns), the only one as of now, of using your hunter to measure the height of the feet of the Monster.

Currently left with large crown Nergigante with regards to elder dragons, feeling rather optimistic on the platinum for this.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 1