Crown Guide.

LordNEET

After playing the game for three days straight and doing nothing but investigations, I wasn't getting a single crown. That all changed today as I have now gotten giant crowns for Kirin, Uragaan and Vaal Hazaak :)

I've slayed numerous Uragaan in the past and came across some monsters where I went "This guy is huuuuge". But the Uragaan that gave me the giant crown wasn't that impressive. In fact, I generally thought it was a mini Uragaan when I fought him. Maybe my eyes just need testing :P Anyway I have a giant crown for him so happy days.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dark69knight said:

I am at 410 hours and still need 10 crowns and am sick of grinding so i have to wait for those events

Damn dude feels Bad :/ . I got lucky today got a Giant dodogama and Black diablos, also Just sniped an giant lavasioth. Must be my lucky day! So Just 5 to go for me and im done. 

46 minutes ago, W33DM4CH1NE said:

Damn dude feels Bad :/ . I got lucky today got a Giant dodogama and Black diablos, also Just sniped an giant lavasioth. Must be my lucky day! So Just 5 to go for me and im done. 

Send the giant Black Diablos my way please! Been trying to get the gold crown all day and no luck. Oh but it gave me a silver crown that was 30 points off a gold just to be extra painful. ?

9 crowns left, this last part feels like a slog now. 

today must be a good day for all of us! 

I hopped on this afternoon for 2 hours and got both large/small gold Black Diablos.  Just need Small Rathalos and all the elders! 

I just want to make double/triple sure.  I can do an investigation with 2 to 3 monsters and only kill one and then return from quest, right?  Because I thought I was fighting a small rath and returned but didn't get anything.  I figured it just wasn't small but I just want to make sure that it's not just event quests where you have to do that.

2 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

I hopped on this afternoon for 2 hours and got both large/small gold Black Diablos.  Just need Small Rathalos and all the elders! 

I just want to make double/triple sure.  I can do an investigation with 2 to 3 monsters and only kill one and then return from quest, right?  Because I thought I was fighting a small rath and returned but didn't get anything.  I figured it just wasn't small but I just want to make sure that it's not just event quests where you have to do that.

No, one week straight and not a single crown. 250hr + and still need 22 crowns...

On 3/17/2018 at 5:55 PM, W33DM4CH1NE said:

Gratz... Seeing this hours kills me. Still need 8 giant crowns and I am 340 hours in 1f602.png1f612.png How can one be this unlucky .. Damn

Good luck!

Maybe because i sniped monsters for crown earlier and left optional quest/palico gadgets/etc incomplete. ?

2 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

Yes, you can.

Even quest with another target monster. You can still get the crown from a monster on same map.

My friend got mini anja from single target pink rathian quest.

14 minutes ago, Redsailles said:

Yes, you can.

Even quest with another target monster. You can still get the crown from a monster on same map.

My friend got mini anja from single target pink rathian quest.

Thanks, him being small must have just been my imagination xD

Got 54 gold crowns in 225 hours + around 30 - 40 hours reloading save from backup.

Run out of kushala's investigation after getting his mini crown. farming his investigation from his track but only get dodogama and azure rath investigation

Two more crowns to go. Giant Lavasioth and Giant Kushala.

2 hours ago, Jarod1990 said:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR DEVILJHO CROWN HUNTING. (Hopefully it has crowns)

LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It will surely have crowns,  it isnt just an eventmonster. It will be added to the normal roster, thats why people already fear it will mess with the crown trophys. Because if it does you will have two more crowns to do for the trophys. Luckily i got my plat already?

Edited by rottenreaper

2 hours ago, rottenreaper said:

It will surely have crowns,  it isnt just an eventmonster. It will be added to the normal roster, thats why people already fear it will mess with the crown trophys. Because if it does you will have two more crowns to do for the trophys. Luckily i got my plat already?

Got my plat too, but going to have to get those deviljo crowns for sure.. Too bad it's released on the same day as Ni no kuni 2, which I've preordered.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

2 things

does feline weakener have to activate?  Or will you for sure get it if you get the meal?  Also, do they work on elder dragons?

I just learned about Feline Weakener about a week or two ago and have been taking note of it since. It's only worked 2/5 for me, and I got the crowns for Ura and Kushala D., I think. What I think it means is that it may not work all the time, but the chances of getting a crown is higher.

I need 26 crowns, but 18 of these I can get in the future events. That just leaves me with 8 to concentrate on. 3 of these are Elder crowns: Large/small Kirin and Large Teo. I feel pretty good about what I've done so far. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the plat in the next several weeks. I just hope Deviljho isn't included.

Edited by Edunstar84

46 minutes ago, megatonante said:

Hello. I'm having trouble in doing Kushala. I killed him 68 times and I haven't got neither small or giant crown. I mainly did purple investigations.

I heard that silver, silver, gold investigations are better, how do I farm them?

I'm also looking for his giant crown, but still no luck getting his investigation. I got his small crown when my head is over his knee bend, unfortunately I don't screenshot it.

And here is the giant kushala measure from well honey

1 hour ago, megatonante said:

Hello. I'm having trouble in doing Kushala. I killed him 68 times and I haven't got neither small or giant crown. I mainly did purple investigations.

I heard that silver, silver, gold investigations are better, how do I farm them?

I had trouble with most elders aswell, joining SOS of high HR players doing elders helped for me. For example i have joined a hr150 player killing nergi (silver,silver,gold), and got my giand gold nergi on first try...same happened when i joined a hr184 player doing daora (tempered investigation) giant gold 1st try. I think its because players at that high HR dont really kill them for parts anymore. they most likely farm crowns aswelI, and when they SOS its mostly because they have a crown monster on their hands ? hope it helps you

Btw. 148 teostra kills for both crowns. So dont let that bring you down

Edited by rottenreaper

12 minutes ago, megatonante said:

Daaamn the struggle is real then :)

10 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

wow Im at about 60 and I thought thats too much...

At 70 kills i was about to give up on ever getting the plat trophy. But after finally getting his second crown all the other elders came fairly quick at give or take 25 to 30 kills ? i know 148 is much, i bet it would be alot less if i sniped for them, but i mainly joined SOS of others, and i think its a dickmove to join a quest mesure and leave if its to small

Edited by rottenreaper