Crown Guide.

LordNEET

59 minutes ago, megatonante said:

What's your fastest way to kill the Daora? I can do max 5 minutes, usually 6-7 minutes with greatsword, but if I could go lower it would speed things up a bit.

Solo and also Greatsword  its around 5 min, but if i use all those nice buffitems (demonpowder etc.) The time can get down to 3 or 4min. But fastest i got was 2:09 with bowgun and sliceammo (before the slice nerf ofc)

Also having a similar armor setup like i have helps alot cutting down time:

Translation of picture::

Jagras hacker: CRITICAL JEWEL + ELEMENTLES JEWEL

Nergigante helmet Alpha: ATTACK JEWEL

Damaskus Mail beta: 3 x ATTACK JEWEL

Diablos Nero gaunlets beta: TENDERIZER JEWEL + EXPERT JEWEL

Nergigante coil beta: CRITICAL JEWEL

Nergigante greaves beta: ELEMENTLESS JEWEL (but should also be a critical jewel)

Exploiter Charm lvl 2

uuKGKnk.jpg

Edited by rottenreaper

16 hours ago, rottenreaper said:

Solo and also Greatsword  its around 5 min, but if i use all those nice buffitems (demonpowder etc.) The time can get down to 3 or 4min. But fastest i got was 2:09 with bowgun and sliceammo (before the slice nerf ofc)

Also having a similar armor setup like i have helps alot cutting down time:

Translation of picture::

Jagras hacker: CRITICAL JEWEL + ELEMENTLES JEWEL

Nergigante helmet Alpha: ATTACK JEWEL

Damaskus Mail beta: 3 x ATTACK JEWEL

Diablos Nero gaunlets beta: TENDERIZER JEWEL + EXPERT JEWEL

Nergigante coil beta: CRITICAL JEWEL

Nergigante greaves beta: ELEMENTLESS JEWEL (but should also be a critical jewel)

Exploiter Charm lvl 2

uuKGKnk.jpg

Yeah I completed the jagras hacker build yesterday, I now have that exact same build I think, that's the min/max of the min/max for greatswords.

But looking at videos on youtube I realized that I have to learn to just stunlock the fucking Daora. You can do that even with a non perfect greatsword build.

No wind bullshit, no knockbacks, fast digital slaughter.

EDIT: found the small crown. 

EDIT2: I'm sorry since I'm new here: but seems like I'm unable to post new messages or quote others. I can't find the buttons anymore, why?

Edited by megatonante

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I need 26 crowns, but 18 of these I can get in the future events. That just leaves me with 8 to concentrate on. 3 of these are Elder crowns: Large/small Kirin and Large Teo. I feel pretty good about what I've done so far. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the plat in the next several weeks. I just hope Deviljho isn't included.

I'm with ya, the ones I need in the future events are bagelgoose large, and radobaan small/large.  I still need a large lavasioth and small dodo though, which I don't think there will be an event for awhile for them :(

Also, they wont make jho needed for the trophy.  They just won't.  They might add a new 3-5 trophies, but that'll be for a bigger expansion.  No need to worry about getting him for vanilla crown trophies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arielferrari19 said:

We don't know, he's just speculating.....

Time will tell.

why would they, though?  What developer has ever added in content that they then had to change the code of how the trophy pops to fit the new content?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know of no games that have ever done that and I've been trophy hunting for a very long time

13 hours ago, megatonante said:

Daaamn the struggle is real then :)

13 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

wow Im at about 60 and I thought thats too much...

You dont need to kill them all if it's not the size that you're looking for

If you are about to run out of quest while sniping, just kill the last one and pick up the monster track.

Quite save much time.

13 hours ago, rottenreaper said:

i think its a dickmove to join a quest mesure and leave if its to small

This is why i spammed almost my whole investigation quests for sniping ?

2 minutes ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

same here, also a small dodo which I Can't for the life of me spawn an investigation for him or find anyone doing one in an SOS :/

Ah I’m sorry I have already long deleted all those investigations because I hate him! I found Dodo SO annoying, I can’t size him at all I swear he never looked any bigger or smaller to me. I actually got the mini crown for him during a great hunt and I had thought he looked big! 

I’m also worried Deviljho will be required for the trophies. Desperate to finish these last few in time! 

3 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

why would they, though?  What developer has ever added in content that they then had to change the code of how the trophy pops to fit the new content?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know of no games that have ever done that and I've been trophy hunting for a very long time

I also don't think the new Monster will mess with the trophy. Never seen that Happen before.                                                        

I got giant azure rathalos and kirin yesterday morning. Now the Only Monsters I have left are All giant odogaron, radobaan and bazel.  I must say i really wanna have the Plat ASAP, but im also very tempted to wait till the rotten Vale Event and Plat some other fast Game in the meantime. Enough of that Grind ?

9 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

If anything, they may add it as a DLC trophy. Either way, not going to worry about it. 

6 hours ago, W33DM4CH1NE said:

Now the Only Monsters I have left are All giant odogaron, radobaan and bazel.  I must say i really wanna have the Plat ASAP, but im also very tempted to wait till the rotten Vale Event and Plat some other fast Game in the meantime. Enough of that Grind 1f602.png

you're in luck, as in a couple days a new event quest drops that has all of those!

6 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

you're in luck, as in a couple days a new event quest drops that has all of those!

Yes I know. But knowing me I think im Not gonna wait till next week and Grind that last bit out. 

Edit: I was able to get the large odogaron and radobaan back to back... Lol how much luck I have These last days. Only bazel to go and im done?

Edited by W33DM4CH1NE

holy shit.  I just started farming elders today and had to share.  I didn't get anything earlier but I just picked it back up tonight and joined an SOS (was looking for some mid HR100 quest) and found one with vaal and got the small gold.  I went back and checked my investigations and saw I unlocked one with 4 purple rewards for a 30 minute 3 faint teostra and got small gold on that one! First two back tonight and I'm rocking.

However, I suppose this means I'll have no luck at all for the next week -_-

back to grinding!

Edited by RauCHeN-ToKEN
4, not 5 rewards

7 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Me too. I wonder if we were both responding to the same SOS. Mine was hosted by a HR230 player and had a 15 minute time limit

Honestly I don't remember, I was so desperate I was joining random quests not even looking at parameters.

EDIT: seems like Giant Kirin is so unbelievably rare like Daora. At least you can't really miss the measurement and the whole thing is much less stress-free compared to sniping Daora. I killed a lot of Kushala because I wasn't really sure if my measurement was correct or not.

Edited by megatonante

11 minutes ago, Tamikuz said:

i really hope that Deviljho will not be needed for the crowns >.> 

No game has ever gone in and changed the trophy requirements after the game was released due to additional content. May be required as a DLC trophy, but it likely won't impact the platinum. 

Edited by MidnightDragon